The First International Anti-SNSD Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
LittleLadyS
anotherdatewithdeath
jjooannyyy
ai_sumairu
insertname
sweet.station
evesuju
SAVE-KPOP
Mizuki
Nisea
love_cinnabon
Bento_box
Shardz
sXiAHn
Telruunya
anony
jumboshrimp
Labakittie
22 posters

SNSD: Why can't their own fans find the best in them?

Labakittie
    Labakittie
    Super Anti

Female Number of posts : 450
    Warning :
    SNSD: Why can't their own fans find the best in them? Left_bar_bleue0 / 100 / 10SNSD: Why can't their own fans find the best in them? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-04-29

SNSD: Why can't their own fans find the best in them? Empty SNSD: Why can't their own fans find the best in them?

Post by Labakittie Mon 04 May 2009, 9:37 am

I doubt there's an anti here who hasn't encountered this scenario, whether in a debate themselves or observing the commenting pattern of die-hard SNSD fans:

Someone in SNSD has done something wrong, something stupid, or something unflattering. Needless to say, people are not impressed. With so many actions and offenses stacked up against them, the number of folks being turned off by SNSD seems to increase.

And yet, rather than help matters, it seems SNSD fangirls and boys only make them worse. A key to this is a rather ugly habit they have:

Pointing out bad things about other artists, true or false, in order to make SNSD look good by comparison

It's the verbal equivalent of taking a plain-looking, slightly plump girl and sticking her next to a very obese, very unattractive looking woman: Standing next to someone so visually odious, the plain plump girl will look very lovely in comparison.

It's also the WRONG way to win an argument.

Honestly, what can it possibly say about the subject when even their own fans seem practically incapable of coming up with good strong qualities about their idols? What does it say when it's far easier for them to rag on other groups and artists than come up with a defense that does not require dragging another artist's name through the mud (and even when that artist had nothing to do with the original argument)?

It says to a logical person that there ARE no redeeming qualities.

A reasonable person would say in the face of criticism, "Yes, SNSD has done bad things, yes they shouldn't repeat those mistakes, but here are some good things that SNSD has done!" And then they'd LIST those good things. They'd quote instances of good behavior, show videos of SNSD being genuine caring people, and try very hard to point out their redeeming qualities.

A reasonable person would not:

+ State that SNSD "is human" and act like that alone excuses bad behavior. WE ARE ALL HUMAN, capable of doing good and bad, and if someone does give into their lesser nature, even as others strive not to, the humanity excuse falls flat.

+ State that others have done worse, because the actions or inactions of others does not excuse or justify our own short comings and what we are capable of.

+ List examples of the bad things that others have done, expecting for the wrongdoings of SNSD members to be excused. This is an unreasonable expectation. No sane person believes that the bad actions of one person gets another person off the hook. Otherwise it would be a standard defense for lawyers everywhere.

+ A reasonable person would look for the good in the person they are defending, rather than the bad in others in order to make the person being defended look good by comparison

So this burning question remains: Why...why do Sones find it easier to treat SNSD like that plump plain girl and try desperately to find a really fat ugly lady to put her next to?

The only conclusions I can draw is that (1) SNSD lacks any redeeming qualities, and their fans are actually aware of this or (2) They have attracted a shallow fan base incapable of liking them for any reason which possesses depth or feeling.

Protecting the fantasy....

In order to effectively "worship" an idol, a fangirl often builds up a person to be more than what they are. They are ideal, they are beautiful, they are virtually incapable of wrong-doing.

So then, what does a fangirl do when, for example, they encounter video footage that makes that idol seem less than perfect? Rather than except the possibility of "less-than-perfect", they try and get anything deleted that will make that idol look bad. The same goes with written out facts. Fangirls would rather drag any and everyone's name through the mud than accept that their idols have done something wrong.

So then, are they really going through this trouble to protect their idol? I don't think so. What I believe is being protected is the fantasy.

If a fangirl were forced to accept wrongdoing, and that their idol was less than perfect, they would have to abandon their fantasy, and couldn't see that idol in the same way.

And so it is with Sones. I believe that deep down these people, these most rabid fangirls and fanboys, know that if they were forced to abandon their fantasies about their idols, they could not be fans anymore. Because it tends to be all or nothing with this group. It's unfortunate, but they don't realize that the world really isn't so black and white, and that it is possible to remain a fan of someone without succumbing to an ideology that rejects reality in order to protect fantasy.

Ironically, if these people were more gray-minded, willing to acknowledge the bad behavior of their idols rather than always making up excuses, blaming others, or dragging down other artists, it would bode far better for the people they idolize. But then, when all is well inside one's bubble, does it matter what goes on outside?

The Shallow and the Not-So-Deep

"Birds of a feather flock together".

Meaning that like-minded people are drawn to one another.

So then, let us examine the attitudes of SNSD when on display:

- Self-centered
    - Rude
    - Idiotic
    - Disrespectful
    - Trouble-making

Is it really so remarkable that many of these attitudes and qualities can be attributed to the SNSD fan club as well? With instances of rude violent behavior, moronic views of Korean culture, and disrespectful behavior in regards to other artists and their fans?

Not really.

Not mention the attitudes when attempting to address SNSD's good qualities. Notice it almost always (if not always) comes back to the physical.

"Yuri is so pretty!"
    "Tiffany looks adorable!"
    "Taeyeon is gorgeous!"

And notice the accusations of jealousy always seem to deal with the physical as well:

"They're just jealous because they're ugly and SNSD is pretty."

Isn't it fascinating that this group of people literally cannot grasp the existence of reasoning capabilities that do not rely on physical attractiveness?

Even SNSD, with all the plastic surgery and focus on their image, seem to rely on physical appearance much more than their artistic talents. Yes, some members can sing, and some members can dance, but I have yet to see their abilities at the forefront of why their fans are drawn to them.

So then, could it be that the reason that Sones are so handicapped in a debate concerning their idols is because they themselves lack appreciation for anything other than the physical? Because it's quite possible that if SNSD were less pretty, even if they were more talented, these people would not be fans?

How about yes to both?

I believe both these instances to be the case in regards to SNSD fangirls and fanboys and their inability to build up SNSD without making references to the physical and without having to bring down others.

It also says volumes about SNSD. If this is the kind of people they attract, shallow persons with poor reasoning capabilities, then imagine what it REALLY says about their group.

And so now, whenever you're confronted with a fangirl or fanboy who seem to be incapable of separating themselves from their fandom fantasies and who cannot think of ways where SNSD is appealing outside of their looks, and who find it much easier to tear down artists unrelated to the discussion than the list one good thing about SNSD, hopefully this insight will save you a headache or two.
    jumboshrimp
    jumboshrimp
    Official Anti

Female Number of posts : 116
    Warning :
    SNSD: Why can't their own fans find the best in them? Left_bar_bleue0 / 100 / 10SNSD: Why can't their own fans find the best in them? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-03-25

SNSD: Why can't their own fans find the best in them? Empty Re: SNSD: Why can't their own fans find the best in them?

Post by jumboshrimp Mon 04 May 2009, 9:41 am

^That was an awesome article! I absolutely agree with you! Please write more! :D
    Labakittie
    Labakittie
    Super Anti

Warning :

SNSD: Why can't their own fans find the best in them? Empty Re: SNSD: Why can't their own fans find the best in them?

Post by Labakittie Mon 04 May 2009, 9:45 am

I will try. :)
    anony

Number of posts : 7
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-01-06

Post by anony Mon 04 May 2009, 9:48 am

And its interesting how snsd fans are projecting these insecurities onto other girl groups,even ones that haven't even debuted yet *cough*2ne1*cough*
    Telruunya
    Telruunya
    Super Mod
    Super Mod

Female Number of posts : 1323
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-02-28

Post by Telruunya Mon 04 May 2009, 11:11 am

great post ! I will read the whole thing later , because I have to learn for my exams! , It IS true!
    but what cought my eyes :

A reasonable person would say in the face of criticism, "Yes, SNSD has
    done bad things, yes they shouldn't repeat those mistakes, but here are
    some good things that SNSD has done!" And then they'd LIST those good
    things.

True, a real fan would do that. But what has snsd done that isn't bad. Did they do good things? things for others? Yeah maby for our beloved grandpa LSM.. but serious..

for example.. SuperJunior Donated a lot of money for homeless kids. And there re plenty of other things they did. ( not only SJ, but more artists )

What are the good things snsd did?
    -lifting there legs up when there are fanboys below them?
    -Sucking lollipops ( teachin the new Girls'generation ?!)
    -being rude?
    I can't call all the things they did "good" though.

oh well, SNSD: Why can't their own fans find the best in them? 18842 sones are only helping us.
    Labakittie
    Labakittie
    Super Anti

Warning :

Post by Labakittie Mon 04 May 2009, 12:01 pm

And its interesting how snsd fans are projecting these insecurities onto other girl groups,even ones that haven't even debuted yet *cough*2ne1*cough*

It's so annoying that people cannot at least let this group debut BEFORE trashing them. I'm sure SNSD fans are hoping and praying these girls don't catch on. The last thing they need is for SNSD to be bumped that much further down the food chain.

And @ Telruunya: I'm kind of scratching my head trying to think of all the good deeds SNSD fans have done for others.

It's a shame SNSD can't give their fans much to work with, or visa versa.
    sXiAHn
    Super Anti

Number of posts : 350
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-28

Post by sXiAHn Mon 04 May 2009, 12:08 pm

awesome! i couldn't agree more with you =]
    great job ^^
    Shardz
    Shardz
    Official Anti

Female Number of posts : 156
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-01-03

Post by Shardz Mon 04 May 2009, 3:47 pm

but whats funny is that some people think 2NE1 is going to have the cute image (Lollipop) and some automatically say "not another SNSD." Those always make my day...And yes, a reasonable fan would point out the good things but, the list will never be comparable to the list of bad things.
    Labakittie
    Labakittie
    Super Anti

Warning :

Post by Labakittie Mon 04 May 2009, 4:06 pm

I don't get comparing 2NE1 to SNSD. The concepts are clearly different. I think people just want to start drama.

And yeah, the list of negatives seems to far outweigh the list of positives where SNSD is concerned, but then, it's largely by their own doing.

Post by Guest Mon 04 May 2009, 5:11 pm

That was a fantabulous article! Seriosuly, even I understand the basics of being a fan.

We all know Britney Spears, right? She's made tons of mistakes.

BUT, she's apologized for them. There was actually a great reason she was doing all that: She was forced to do it - while drugged!

What's the reason it's okay for SNSD to make mistakes so often?

"They're so pretty!"
    "I love them."
    " Antis are ugly and SNSD is pretty!"
    " Our girls didn't do anything!"

.... Yeah. See the difference?
    Labakittie
    Labakittie
    Super Anti

Warning :

Post by Labakittie Mon 04 May 2009, 5:33 pm

Not to mention the fact that Britney's problems began with bad influences and drug abuse. Despite that, she's made a clear effort to get herself together.

Despite not being nearly as bad, SNSD has made no effort to change their attitudes and habits. And from where I sit, neither have their fans.

:/
    Bento_box
    Bento_box
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1686
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-12

Post by Bento_box Mon 04 May 2009, 5:53 pm

You judge everything by your own standards.

If your open minded, empathetic and have logic, it's easy to know where you'll end up in the SNSD fan/anti debate. That logic and sense also tell you when and even if you decide to get in to a neverending battle with an SNSD fan.

:D

Thanks for your awesome articles Labakittie Im enjoying all of them <3
    Labakittie
    Labakittie
    Super Anti

Warning :

Post by Labakittie Mon 04 May 2009, 6:00 pm

If your open minded, empathetic and have logic, it's easy to know where you'll end up in the SNSD fan/anti debate.

Yeah! By the way I'm getting really cozy here as a result. XD

That logic and sense also tell you when and even if you decide to get in to a neverending battle with an SNSD fan

I think at this point I'd only enter a "debate" to keep anyone else from being bullied by fangirls. Debating fangirls doesn't strike me as a valuable way to spend one's time. I think understanding the mechanics behind the thought process might help with knowing WHY these people function like this...but it won't make it any easier. XD

Best to walk away and let them be crazy fangirls. Cool
    love_cinnabon
    love_cinnabon
    Anti

Number of posts : 50
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Post by love_cinnabon Mon 04 May 2009, 9:04 pm

Lovin the article <3 You provided a good food to be digested by the brain. If only Insanes have a healthy appetite like we do.

Last edited by love_cinnabon on Wed 06 May 2009, 2:25 am; edited 1 time in total
    Nisea
    Nisea
    Super Anti

Female Number of posts : 331
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-09-12

Post by Nisea Tue 05 May 2009, 7:51 am

The thing that's wrong with SNSD is that they don't do something to make up for their mistakes. They leave everything to other people. I mean, the way I see it, they don't care at all.
    Mizuki
    Mizuki
    Awesome Anti

Female Number of posts : 1185
    Warning :
    SNSD: Why can't their own fans find the best in them? Left_bar_bleue1 / 101 / 10SNSD: Why can't their own fans find the best in them? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-12-17

Post by Mizuki Tue 05 May 2009, 10:01 am

THE LINE BETWEEN SANITY AND INSANITY IS DEFINED WHEN YOU THINK.
    SAVE-KPOP
    SAVE-KPOP
    Official Anti

Number of posts : 206
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Post by SAVE-KPOP Wed 06 May 2009, 11:46 pm

I like this article alot. One of my ultimate favourite anti articles XD
    Labakittie
    Labakittie
    Super Anti

Warning :

Post by Labakittie Thu 07 May 2009, 1:37 am

^
    ^

Thanks. :) Hope it helps.

THE LINE BETWEEN SANITY AND INSANITY IS DEFINED WHEN YOU THINK.

And then confirmed when you speak. Shocked
    evesuju
    Official Anti

Number of posts : 285
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-04-23

Post by evesuju Thu 07 May 2009, 9:14 am

I absolutely love your article!! Pls do write more!! :))

What I really really agree with in your article is the fantasy vs reality thing which is a complex most people have I guess. When we really idolize someone its to the point of building up images abt that group/singer that they no longer seem human. when in fact they are, and arent much different from you and i. =/

So being human, they all definitely make mistakes. and whilst most artistes ive come across are apologetic and try their utmost best not to make any more similar mistakes. i see SNSD time and time again repeatedly be rude to others (esp sunbaes), joke inappropriately and behave so unladylike and not mention stupid and childish on stage & tv. and these girls are apparently my age. =/

they dont seem to listen to anybody. and their fans always use the same old stupid excuses to cover their idols' asses. "oh antis are so jealous cause they arent pretty" HUH? well to keep a long story short, it just goes to show what kind of fans SNSD attract - shallow, probably dumb with not much reasoning capabilities (with everything always centering ard looks)

well done for ur article! ^^
    sweet.station
    sweet.station
    Super Anti

Female Number of posts : 446
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-05-08

Post by sweet.station Sat 09 May 2009, 10:27 am

your article it great.
    does are true, and I experience it a lot.
    thanks for sharing btw. I love you
    insertname
    insertname
    The Shy One

Female Number of posts : 11
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-05-11

Post by insertname Wed 13 May 2009, 4:24 am

Labakittie wrote:Best to walk away and let them be crazy fangirls. Cool

Agree. They'll just explain their pathetic side just to defend those girls. -___- And it's annoying actually.

It doesn't mean that we, STANDS, don't like SNSD because we're jealous of them, etc.(that's an absurd excuse)
    ai_sumairu
    ai_sumairu
    Awesome Anti

Female Number of posts : 1427
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-11-03

Post by ai_sumairu Thu 14 May 2009, 7:42 am

You said it. number one
    jjooannyyy
    jjooannyyy
    Anti

Female Number of posts : 77
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-05-13

Post by jjooannyyy Tue 26 May 2009, 8:28 am

i agree, other groups done more charity than ten of SNSD put together.
    anotherdatewithdeath

Male Number of posts : 3
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-05-21

Post by anotherdatewithdeath Thu 04 Jun 2009, 3:22 am

LOL

While I would like to point out that while an artist's image is sometimes tarnished by fans despite the artist themselves being not at fault at all, you can tell what kind of work an artist produces with the kind of people they attract as their fans. And their antis as well.

I've said this before but I'll say this again:

Based on the fans SNSD have, or rather majority of them, yes, their works are rubbish and crap to the highest level. And that conclusion is taken from how those fans defend their artists.

Thank you for this well-written article.
    LittleLadyS
    The Shy One

Female Number of posts : 13
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-05-02

SNSD: Why can't their own fans find the best in them? Empty 2ne1 .. snsd

Post by LittleLadyS Wed 17 Jun 2009, 1:36 pm

Dude.. 2ne1 shouldn't even be compared with SNSD... that is a big insult to 2NE1.
    rendeer hypnotize

eating anyways.. SNSD plain sucks... there is nothing more to it. And their fans suck as well, since they're so violent and crazy and can't even defend their own idols properly. Tssk..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 09 May 2024, 10:50 pm