The First International Anti-SNSD Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
super_jessy
izzybellboo
soshihater
SUJUDB
Telruunya
Bento_box
Sachie
Labakittie
12 posters

Civil Anti-Fans: What To Do When You've Had ENOUGH?

Labakittie
    Labakittie
    Super Anti

Female Number of posts : 450
    Warning :
    Civil Anti-Fans: What To Do When You've Had ENOUGH? Left_bar_bleue0 / 100 / 10Civil Anti-Fans: What To Do When You've Had ENOUGH? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-04-29

Civil Anti-Fans: What To Do When You've Had ENOUGH? Empty Civil Anti-Fans: What To Do When You've Had ENOUGH?

Post by Labakittie Mon 22 Jun 2009, 2:52 pm

Civil Anti-Fans: What To Do When You've Had ENOUGH?

Please note: I'm speaking to the civil anti-fans, because just as not every fan is civil, neither is every anti.If you are a reasonable and otherwise polite person (even towards fans), and the core of your decision to become an SNSD anti is not cemented in petty reasons such as mere jealousy, this definitely means you.

I am not addressing the childish brand of antis who behave no better than the most immature of SNSD fans, purposely seeking out fan boards and videos to comment on in order to trash SNSD and their fans. You can't complain if you're actively starting trouble.

Nope, not accusing anyone here of anything, but just want to make it clear who my target audience is.

First, let's state the obvious...

It's not easy being a civil anti-fan. Mostly because a lot of people do not bother to distinguish us from the more violent and vicious anti-fans out there. In their minds, we are all "antis", so therefore we MUST all be alike.

Very sad

"Bothersome" doesn't even begin to cover it, especially in terms of confrontation.

Often, a civil anti-fan is so because of actual reasoning and logic. They do not have interests in going around harassing anyone, preferring to reserve their feelings and discussion for appropriate places, or to consolidate information and facts, if only so they can better arm themselves should they be drawn into a debate with a fan.

A civil anti-fan generally is not of the aggressive, immature, and/or venomous variety.

It's hard, very hard, to be considered "civil" if you're the type of anti who looks for fan forums and gatherings in order to make your feelings known in any way you can, even when it's not necessary.

A civil anti-fan is nothing if not polite.

Still, even the nicest anti can have enough...

We're only human. We all get mad, really really mad, and want to kick things. We can be driven to distraction, especially in regards to something or someone we just don't like. Totally normal.

So, just because you are a civil anti-fan does not mean that arguing with some persistent fangirls or fanboys over something as ludicrous as a parody anti video (that the subject(s) probably will never even see themselves) won't raise your blood pressure.

Because it IS annoying. You're not looking for trouble. You're minding your own business. Most times you keep to yourself unless otherwise engaged. Why should you have to suffer fools?

Why? Because, you're an anti, that's why.

Unless the stars re-align themselves and crazy fans are hypnotized into finding more fruitful ways of spending their times, you will be hassled for as long as you are an anti-fan. How deep you actually find yourself in the anti-fandom usually determines how much venom you get hurled your way. If a STAND member, for example, expect loads dumped on you by default for your association with this fine forum.

Even if you keep your activities limited to addressing other anti-fans, even if you NEVER go to the places where there are likely to be fans, and even if you've never wished death on the people you dislike, there is a group of fans who have it in their heads that your very existence is evil. And I'm not kidding; I recall someone being asked if they were Satan because they are an SNSD anti. :/

This group of fans thinks that the best way to spend their time as a fan is in pursuit of those who are not: Stalking anti-fan forums, leaving mean comments on anti-fan vids (even those created for fun and NOT spite), and writing long hurtful messages on pages belonging to anti-fans.

This is a curious group because they never attribute their own actions to the creation and further dedication of antis. They never once consider that if they bothered to "kill em' with kindness" they could do more damage to the anti cause (in terms of people being motivated to antis at all) than by acting like bullies and stalkers.

However curious, so long as said group exists, even otherwise civil antis will get caught in the cross-fire.

So then, what's a pissed off civil anti to do?

1.) GET AWAY FROM THE THING OR PERSON THAT'S MAKING YOU MAD. If it's on-line, close the browser window. If that's not enough, turn off the computer and move away from the desk. If you are in a real-life confrontation, walk away. Ignore any accusations of cowardice and "That's what I thought!"; move away from the person, shut down and do not respond.

2.) Try and calm down. Take deep breaths, count to ten (or a hundred). Make a glass of tea or cocoa, or even take a hot bubble bath. Whatever it takes to calm yourself. If you absolutely have to get your anger out, scream into a pillow, or imagine said pillow is the source of your anger...and drop-kick it. Or go cry. It's okay to cry, crying is an important way the body relieves stress after all, so let it out.

3.) Medicate. If you find that you have a headache, you may want to take aspirin or Advil for it. Note, you may have to carefully consider this option if you have any allergies, have ingested any alcohol, or have been otherwise instructed by a medical professional not to take certain medicines for whatever reason.

4.)Think it over. Is the person or subject worth the fuss? Will you gain anything by replying? Will you lose anything of value by removing yourself from the situation? Is anything that's been said against or about you actually true? If not, is it worth getting angry about?

Just some things to consider when mulling over whether or not to even re-approach the situation.

If after weighing everything you find that what caused you to reach your boiling point genuinely was not worth the trouble, it may be best to simply consider the matter closed and move on.

5.)Getting back to a civil mindset is probably hardest after stupid and hurtful confrontations. You'll probably be muttering about "stupid fangirls" for a bit and ready to lay into the very next fan that dares open his or her mouth to you. And that's understandable. But if you're not careful, you may find yourself sinking to a less than civil point of view, ready to take less than civil actions. But is it worth it; being unapologetically rude and stooping to the level of those that upset you in the first place? Aren't you better than that?

Common courtesy is never easy when confronted with out and out rudeness, but often, being able to give it when others cannot exposes their weakness and reveals your strength.

6.) Going back to the site of the drama...may not be a wise idea, however if you find that you are in a situation where you CANNOT remove yourself from what is aggravating you, try and keep yourself in a neutral mindset. After all, it may not be you that the person is insulting, but your anti-status. It's like being a cop: Bill the Cop often hears all kinds of insults, but those insults are not hurled at Bill, they are hurled at Bill the Cop. Understand?

Or, if someone you know is attempting to push your buttons, don't let them. Ignore them completely. Just because you're there doesn't mean you're obligated to give the person or persons what they want. That's empowering and amusing them, and why should you that? Your anti-status is your own business, and no one else's, regardless of how well they know you.

Too late for any of this, I've flown off the handle.

So you cursed out a group of fangirls or screamed at your sister for insisting you have a secret crush on Yoona. You've already given into your anger and now you feel bad because reason and logic weren't enough.

What do you do now?

Accept it and move on. If an apology is warranted, give it. If you feel you are owed an apology, don't hold your breath waiting for one, because it may never come. In any case, people get mad all the time. The important thing is to make up your mind to be a more determined civil anti, and remember to step away from a situation if you think it's going to lead you losing you temper.

Some great advice from your fellow civil anti-fans

If it's okay, I'm going to add some additional advice in quotes to the article. :)

Bento_box wrote:Another wise tidbit is to avoid comment sections on SNSD articles. It really does make me wonder why some people go there and get angry at some "positive" comments.

SUJUB wrote:Open up an empty word document (or use notepad), type my reply, and then delete the document.

Sometimes we just need to get things down in writing to feel better, by doing it this way we 1. don't waste paper, 2. rant all we want, 3. don't have to deal with replies from them which leads to anger, annoyance, and frustration.

Last edited by Labakittie on Mon 22 Jun 2009, 4:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Sachie
    Sachie
    Awesome Anti

Female Number of posts : 1328
    Warning :
    Civil Anti-Fans: What To Do When You've Had ENOUGH? Left_bar_bleue0 / 100 / 10Civil Anti-Fans: What To Do When You've Had ENOUGH? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-05-08

Civil Anti-Fans: What To Do When You've Had ENOUGH? Empty Re: Civil Anti-Fans: What To Do When You've Had ENOUGH?

Post by Sachie Mon 22 Jun 2009, 3:21 pm

Thanks for the article, Labakittie.
    I dropped and kicked the poor pillow several times and I feel now very relieved.
    Bento_box
    Bento_box
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1686
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-12

Civil Anti-Fans: What To Do When You've Had ENOUGH? Empty Re: Civil Anti-Fans: What To Do When You've Had ENOUGH?

Post by Bento_box Mon 22 Jun 2009, 3:32 pm

I love you

You just did something I've been planning to do for a while now. And have tried to do in the past ~ Thank you ~

I love you

Another wise tidbit is to avoid comment sections on SNSD articles. It really does make me wonder why some people go there and get angry at some "positive" comments. You're not always at STAND other people do adore them. If that's their thing, then let them have their fun, it does not affect your life in the slightest.

Before one gets mad, its best to really think "Is this really worth the possible consequences?" and "Does this really matter to me?". Most likely the answer will be "No." And that's when you step away and withdraw yourself from situations.

I've had my own "debates" with fans, but that was long long ago, I dont even read SNSD news anywhere, unless I have to for research. I get my info from here and if I think I need to know more I go to reliable sources. :3

Just Take It Easy ~

I know what Im doing is right, why should I let people try and convince me Im wrong with nonsense rhetioric/arguments? My morals are intact, I study and have a healthy social life, if anything, it's the fans that need these kind of articles.
    Razz
    Telruunya
    Telruunya
    Super Mod
    Super Mod

Female Number of posts : 1323
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-02-28

Post by Telruunya Mon 22 Jun 2009, 4:15 pm

*speechless* I love you
    It's just too bad that Walking away isn't always an option.
    Great article dear!
    Labakittie
    Labakittie
    Super Anti

Female Number of posts : 450
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-04-29

Post by Labakittie Mon 22 Jun 2009, 4:16 pm

Bento_box wrote:Another wise tidbit is to avoid comment sections on SNSD articles.

Yeah, this is definitely a good idea. Sometimes what you find can make you want to type a lot of TL;DR, and it's best just not to go there.

Or, if you disagree about something positive someone said about SNSD...is it really necessary to comment about disagreeing?

I agree that it's expected that fans are gonna gush. They're fans, that's what they do. That's why we as antis have our own places to go where we can lament to our heart's content. XD

Bento_box wrote:I know what Im doing is right, why should I let people try and convince me Im wrong with nonsense rhetioric/arguments? My morals are intact, I study and have a healthy social life, if anything, it's the fans that need these kind of articles.

I totally agree with this bolded section, great mindset to have. :) As for the last sentence, wouldn't mind writing articles for SNSD fans....just don't want to have to apply this article after being confronted with angry replies.

Razz

Telruunya wrote:It's just too bad that Walking away isn't always an option.

Yep, especially when you have nowhere to walk away to. Sad

I guess you just have to do the best you can under the circumstances.
    SUJUDB
    SUJUDB
    Super Anti

Female Number of posts : 386
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-11

Post by SUJUDB Mon 22 Jun 2009, 4:39 pm

*mouth-opened* Great article!!!! so dear

I am always amazed by your articles :D

Another option that I sometimes go to is:

Open up an empty word document (or use notepad), type my reply, and then delete the document.

Sometimes we just need to get things down in writing to feel better, by doing it this way we 1. don't waste paper, 2. rant all we want, 3. don't have to deal with replies from them which leads to anger, annoyance, and frustration.
    soshihater
    soshihater
    Sexy Anti

Female Number of posts : 795
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-13

Post by soshihater Mon 22 Jun 2009, 6:43 pm

lol!
    great one. Labakittie dear I love you
    unfortunately there are some of us who sometimes still mad after reading those stupid articles and comments made by sone.. (me is not an exception =.=)
    being asked if we're Satan is hurt. and it hurts really bad.
    i mean we never wished snsd die in accident or such! we never wish to see them admitted suicide or something!
    but still sone point their fingers and yell how evil we are, how we should be burned in hell, and how the people like us are the one who put our country in shame.

I know what Im doing is right, why should I let people try and convince me Im wrong with nonsense rhetioric/arguments? My morals are intact, I study and have a healthy social life, if anything, it's the fans that need these kind of articles.
    you know what, bento?
    you should tell this to a sone in my country named R*Y
    holy sh*t, he writes replies to ALL OF YOUR TRANSLATED EDITORIAL (which are translated by me), blabbering some nonsense arguments instead of addressing your points one by one and give SOLID proofs to back it up, and act like he's a new PR MANAGER of SNSD. and put it in HIS BLOG which is full of SNSD inside XD

i LOL hard.
    izzybellboo
    izzybellboo
    Sexy Anti

Female Number of posts : 733
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-11-30

Post by izzybellboo Tue 23 Jun 2009, 8:06 am

I agree with Bento's suggestion.
    I really can't help scrolling through comments though, because I'm curious by nature (most humans generally are, I'd like to think), and I just want to know what people are saying.

But that definitely works. If you don't see it, you won't have to react to it.
    I've seen comments that just enraged me to no end.

Keep the cursor AWAY from the comment button.

What I do, when I'm feeling the need to snap, is I read the daily news and vent my anger on politicians.
    super_jessy
    super_jessy
    Sexy Anti

Female Number of posts : 731
    Warning :
    Civil Anti-Fans: What To Do When You've Had ENOUGH? Left_bar_bleue1 / 101 / 10Civil Anti-Fans: What To Do When You've Had ENOUGH? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-05-20

Post by super_jessy Thu 25 Jun 2009, 11:52 am

Awesome article!
    Antis are seen as the bad guys so this is good to show we ARE civil!

When I get angry at SNSD/SONE I try to make myself happy.
    Or come here and rant, haha. Thats why I joined.
    But when I have urges to type comments back at SONE on Youtube or something I keep it in. You're just creating more friction hitting the "Post" button. In my opinion, only post if they hit you first and never START the arguement. For an example, when that crappy "Genie" song came out I was so tempted to write a comment, however as a member of STAND I wanted to keep to the name "Civil Anti" and not cause friction.
    JC_chococat
    JC_chococat
    Sexy Anti

Female Number of posts : 550
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-07-11

Post by JC_chococat Sun 12 Jul 2009, 7:01 pm

this is awesome, very helpful
    although i never really got in that situation
    cuz i usually just stay away from anything involving SNSD
    but sometimes, it's hard to stay away completely since my friend's a Sone
    when it comes to his time to talk 'bout them
    i let him talk all he want, i just move on & find somthing to do
    or i pretend he's speaking in another language
    it's a little rude, but it's better than getting into a fight
    ai_sumairu
    ai_sumairu
    Awesome Anti

Female Number of posts : 1427
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-11-03

Post by ai_sumairu Fri 17 Jul 2009, 4:15 am

Very helpful!!! I try to scream when I'm taking a bath. Just a silent scream though. I don't want to wake the whole neighborhood up! XD
    soshi?
    soshi?
    Super Anti

Number of posts : 386
    Warning :
    Civil Anti-Fans: What To Do When You've Had ENOUGH? Left_bar_bleue1 / 101 / 10Civil Anti-Fans: What To Do When You've Had ENOUGH? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-04-11

Post by soshi? Mon 10 Aug 2009, 7:52 am

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    F-SNSD
    Official Anti

Female Number of posts : 103
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Post by F-SNSD Sun 27 Dec 2009, 10:20 am

its AWESOME ! :D
    i always choose not to argue with sones or comment bad things on snsd articles or videos when im not in stand.net Razz
    cause i know im scared of hurtful comments toward me.
    so i try to avoid anything that trigger arguments...
    this is really helpful!
    thanks !

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 10 May 2024, 11:41 am