The First International Anti-SNSD Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+36
curlsattack
deflate
SUSHIFANSATSOOMPIHATER
soshihate
OopurpleoO
KihaeXi
chocohippo
jaejae19
The.day.dreamer
LUPIN
collation
soshit
im_b
Forever Hate The Nine
smiley_donutXD
chumcheorom
IhateSOSHI
FISHYILUFFYOU
JaeMinLuv08
sadface
snsdsuckss
kijun
IhateSnSbtiche
Ethanol
Yumii
AngelWings
kil
~MiXiHae~DBSK
koreangurl2626
Angela
soshihater
Gaytards
supermarbel_cake
paboshitdae
Bento_box
queenbee
40 posters

UPDATED: SM Town Bangkok - Officially Postponed!

queenbee
    queenbee
    Admin
    Admin

Female Number of posts : 2166
    Warning :
    UPDATED: SM Town Bangkok - Officially Postponed! Left_bar_bleue0 / 100 / 10UPDATED: SM Town Bangkok - Officially Postponed! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-03

UPDATED: SM Town Bangkok - Officially Postponed! Empty UPDATED: SM Town Bangkok - Officially Postponed!

Post by queenbee Tue 25 Nov 2008, 4:06 pm

International k-pop fans are now in a panic due to the recent happenings in Thailand.

Apparently the upcoming “SM Town Live 08 - Live in Bangkok” on the 29th of November 2008, might be put on hold due to the ongoing turmoil as evident in these news articles and photos taken from various news sources.

UPDATED: SM Town Bangkok - Officially Postponed! ProtestersintheairportUPDATED: SM Town Bangkok - Officially Postponed! Protestersintheairport2

yahoo news
    Anti government protesters in front of the departure terminal at Suvarnabhumi airport, Bangkok in the early hours of Wednesday Nov. 26, 2008. Outbound flights at Suvarnabhumi International Airport were temporarily suspended at 9 p.m. Tuesday, authorities said, shortly before hundreds of demonstrators — some masked and armed with metal rods — broke through police lines and spilled into the passenger terminal. Airport manager Serirat Prasutanon said airport authorities had tried to negotiate with the protesters 'but to no avail.' 'For the safety for passengers, we have to stop flights out of the airport temporarily until the situation returns to normal,' he said in a statement, adding that incoming flights were still operating. The anti government protesters are demanding the resignation of Thailand's Prime Minister, Somchai Wongsawat

Demonstrators seem very determined:
    UPDATED: SM Town Bangkok - Officially Postponed! 25thai-block550

Riot police were called into the airport complex late Tuesday and squared off with protesters in and around the terminal.

"For the safety of all passengers, I have to stop all the flight operations and close all exits in the passenger terminal until the situation returns to normal," Sereerat Prasutanon, director of Suvarnabhumi airport, said.

"I'm very worried about the situation now," Sereerat said. "I think it's time that the army comes out and helps to take care of the situation."

If the situation is so seemingly serious, that they are even calling for the Army to intervene, it seems like a no-brainer whether the Concert should go ahead.

SM Town Thailand is said to be the last stop of a series of SM Town concerts, the last one of which was in Shanghai, China.

Last September, a press conference was supposed to have been held in Bangkok, attended by DBSK, Suju-Happy, SNSD, among others. But at the sudden announcement of the Emergency Royal Decree, one day prior to the artists arrival, it was immediately canceled and rescheduled to a day prior to the concert day itself, 28th of November 2008.

Organized by Adamas World Co. Ltd., “SM Town Live 08 in Bangkok” is supposed to be bringing in 40 artists from SM Entertainment to Thailand for a one-night concert. With an impressive line up including: TVXQ, Super Junior, CSJH The Grace, Zhang Li Yin, and SHINee – the expected turnout at the Rajamangala Stadium is estimated to be around 40,000. *I purposely left our SNSD on the list*

But the question right now in everyone’s mind is: “Will SM Town Bangkok push through?”

A lot of reports are now coming in, most especially in the SM Town Festival official thread in soompi… some fans are saying that the artists flights have been canceled… some are saying the press conference is canceled… while some are just waiting to see if the concert itself will push through as most will be flying in to Thailand by tomorrow evening. Because of all the speculations, a supposed Adamus representative posted this on the official SM Town Thailand website

UPDATED: SM Town Bangkok - Officially Postponed! Sm10
    Summary: After the recent happenings in the Bangkok Airport, (Adamas) has been on the phone with an SME representative for half an hour to check on the situation from both sides. 20 SM Entertainment staff will be arriving tomorrow to Bangkok. Most of the details for the show have already been finalized, including stage décor. They have also reached an agreement that since the airport is still letting people in and out of the terminal, and there has been no announcement of an Emergency Royal Decree, the situation has died down and the concert will still go on schedule.

Such a waste of good stage décor if the event will be canceled. Priorities, people...

Also, notice the highlighted text in the red box… Apparently, the said SM Entertainment representative made a joking remark that in the event the airport is shut down, they will simply have the SM staff swim their way to Bangkok

At a time when social and political turmoil is rocking the nation of their host country, SME has no right in making such comments. Not only is SM putting their artists’ safety on the line, but the fans as well…

International fans are flying in from all across the globe to see the show and are now worried. Most of them are teenagers who will have their parents, sisters, or friends with them just to see their idols. A lot are expressing their worry that due to the protests, convincing their parents have now proven to be more difficult.

And curiously enough, SME just postponed their scheduled SM Global Audition this Sunday, 30th November… a day after the concert.

UPDATED: SM Town Bangkok - Officially Postponed! Auditionpostponed
    Perhaps they would like to leave the country earlier… just in case…

But, from their supposed conversation with Adamas, if they feel that the political situation is getting better, why cancel the audition? Heck, why not stay there for a week and have a vacation while they are at it?

Would you think its wise to push through with a concert while such things are occurring in a country?

Political turmoil that has been lasting for months now has driven the anti-government protesters to not only shoot at Pro-government rivals, but to threaten them with large knives and to set fire to Motorcycles...There have been 11 injuries noted, 8 of which are suffering from gun shot wounds and one is in critical condition, according to hospital staff.

UPDATED: SM Town Bangkok - Officially Postponed! ArmedprotestorUPDATED: SM Town Bangkok - Officially Postponed! ViolenceUPDATED: SM Town Bangkok - Officially Postponed! Motorcycle

The Government for the time being is staging a "wait and see" approach for these protesters, hoping that they get tired out from the protesting. Yes, ridiculous considering how determined these protesters are.

A word from the Anti-Government Protesters:
    Organizers say the protest is a "final battle" to bring down the government.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7747886.stm

If you're interested in finding out more about the conflict in Thailand, go here.

These protests have been going on for about 6 months now. What we can gather form these pictures and news is that
    1. The demonstrators are regarding this as a "Final Battle" and will not let this end without a fight.
    2. They want as much media coverage as they possibly can to achieve their goal.
    3. No-one is entirely clear on how far they will go or what else they have planned.
    4. They are seriously organized.

We have members here in STAND planning to attend this concert, and for the safety of them we urge them to please reconsider whether to attend this concert, if this goes through.

Money has been spent and wasted on this event, but your lives are much more precious than this gig. And Lee Soo Man, your artists and your staff lives are precious too, even if, "the Stage Decor is up already"...

NEWS UPDATE!!

NEWS LINK

NEWS LINK

Singapore Airlines, Air Asia, China Airlines, Eva Airlines (Taiwan), Tiger Airways, and few more flights going to Bangkok have already canceled and offered refunds/rebookings to their customers..

Also, people have been advised not to wear RED or YELLOW as they might be mistaken for either pro- or anti- government... I guess Cassies would be the ones in a precarious situation here...

As of the moment, no cancellation for the concert has been announced by either SME or Adamas. They are still "waiting it out"...

LATEST DEVELOPMENTS:

SMTown Live in Bangkok is officially POSTPONED!

[공지] SMTOWN LIVE '08 IN BANGKOK 이 연기되었습니다.

안녕하세요.
    S.M. Fanclub 담당자 입니다.

공연을 기다리셨을 많은 각국의 팬 여러분께
    아쉬운 소식을 전하게 되어 죄송한 마음입니다.

오는 11월 29일(토) 태국에서 진행 예정이었던
    < SMTOWN LIVE '08 IN BANGKOK > 이 항공기 결항으로
    부득이하게 2009년 2월 7일(토) 로 연기되었습니다.

< SMTOWN LIVE '08 IN BANGKOK > 은 2월 7일(토)
    더 좋은 모습으로 팬 여러분을 찾아 뵙도록 하겠습니다.

다시 한 번 팬 여러분의 양해를 부탁드립니다.

Rough Translation:

[News] SMTOWN LIVE'08 IN BANGKOK has been indefinitely postponed.

Hello.
    This is a staff from S.M. Fanclub

Sorry for keeping fans of many countries waiting regarding updates on the show.

This Saturday, November 29, SMTOWN LIVE'08 IN BANGKOK that will be held in Thailand has been postponed to Saturday, February 7, 2009 due to canceled the flights.

Once again, we're asking for the fans understanding.

It has also been posted in the 12 plus website here
    As you might know, 12 plus is one of the official sponsors for the concert.

FINALLY!!

On a much more serious note, though we can now feel relieved that our idols and the fans will now be out of harms way, the political turmoil in Thailand is still ongoing, if not, taking a turn for the worse. We do hope everything gets resolved soon, and for our STAND members who are living in Thailand, please stay safe...

------------------
    special thanks to Bento Box and Angel...

Last edited by queenbee on Thu 27 Nov 2008, 6:57 am; edited 8 times in total
    Bento_box
    Bento_box
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1686
    Warning :
    UPDATED: SM Town Bangkok - Officially Postponed! Left_bar_bleue0 / 100 / 10UPDATED: SM Town Bangkok - Officially Postponed! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-12

UPDATED: SM Town Bangkok - Officially Postponed! Empty Re: UPDATED: SM Town Bangkok - Officially Postponed!

Post by Bento_box Tue 25 Nov 2008, 4:37 pm

The situation seems seriously out of hand, and the anti-government protestors don't look like they will step down easily.

It's such a scary situation and the words "Finall battle" rock me to the core. What they mean by it and what they have planned we don't know. Just that 6 months of demonstrations and protesting has been going on and they seem to want it to end with this. To break in to the airport to stop the Prime Minister from re-entering the country is, seriously something.

I don't know what SM are waiting for really, they've cancelled concerts this year for smaller things. This is actually putting peoples lives at risks, think of the target age for the concert-goers, a lot of the people attending are not legal adults. SM should also care for their own employees, from the officials to the artists and all those in between. What's going to happen if they call for an "Emergency Royal Act" when all these people are in the country, how will they make their way out?

I was planning to go to this concert myself, if my plans were still on, I would seriously not step out the country knowing the circumstances and possible consequences...

Dude, guns, knives and setting things on fire, not safe, not safe at all when 10,000 anti-Government protestors are determined and call this the "Final Battle".

SM a no-brainer, just postpone it or cancel it already. You don't want to be held responsible if, God Forbid, the protestors make their way to the Concert Stadium.

I am seriously worried for the people I know in Bangkok and those planning to attend. Please take care of yourselves, and I know it would seriously suck to have wasted all that money on this, but your lives are so much more valuable than this concert. <3

bee ~ Angles ~
    So proud yo ~ I love you Thank you so much for all your hard work.
    paboshitdae
    paboshitdae
    Awesome Anti

Female Number of posts : 1357
    Warning :
    UPDATED: SM Town Bangkok - Officially Postponed! Left_bar_bleue1 / 101 / 10UPDATED: SM Town Bangkok - Officially Postponed! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-25

UPDATED: SM Town Bangkok - Officially Postponed! Empty Re: UPDATED: SM Town Bangkok - Officially Postponed!

Post by paboshitdae Tue 25 Nov 2008, 4:59 pm

this is so sad...
    i agree to those who want to attend the concert think it over.
    LSM should just cancel it instead of something like DC occur.
    hmm but atleast the last thing those 9 barbie dolls was the black sea x 9
    supermarbel_cake
    supermarbel_cake
    Translator
    Translator

Male Number of posts : 312
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-07

Post by supermarbel_cake Tue 25 Nov 2008, 5:55 pm

that's really scary O_O.
    i hope they cancel the concerttt
    Gaytards
    Gaytards
    Resident Psychopath

Number of posts : 130
    Warning :
    UPDATED: SM Town Bangkok - Officially Postponed! Left_bar_bleue6 / 106 / 10UPDATED: SM Town Bangkok - Officially Postponed! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-02

Post by Gaytards Tue 25 Nov 2008, 6:18 pm

It is clearly not a smart idea at all to go ahead with this, risking the lives of not just SME personnel but civilians too, I don't even believe SME can get any type of insurance to cover such a dangerous journey, in political turmoil, and people having to resorted to violence. This just seems all too much, and having a concert there is not appropriate when people are fighting for freedom of a corrupt and damaging regime.

Their only safety measure would be to resort to the Korean embassy if everything goes wrong, but in such circumstances when an embassy would be your only way out is not very thoughtful plan.

It just seems SME needs money to risk such events. Concert sercurity, who is going to provide it? Lets hope weapons won't make their way into a concert. SME has gone a step too far, if a Korean life is taken in this period, or a life that is associated with this event, not only make it on Korean news but damage whatever credibility SME has left, and SME is left accounted for. If this does happen nothing SME will say can salvage what is a already declining entertainment company.
    soshihater
    soshihater
    Sexy Anti

Female Number of posts : 795
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-13

Post by soshihater Tue 25 Nov 2008, 7:38 pm

This is seriously annoying
    SME should posponed their concert in Bangkok, cos no matter how much money SOO MAN can get from there, it's a number 1 priority to keep his staffs and artists safe (eventho i hate SNSD but i still don't want anything bad happen to them)

and may i ask you?
    Does korea already announce the Travel Warning?

and i dun like that "final battle" words..
    sounds scary..
    Angela
    Angela

Female Number of posts : 1058
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-11

Post by Angela Tue 25 Nov 2008, 7:43 pm

Somchai to fly to Chiang Mai, declare state of emergency: source

Prime Minster Somchai has instructed the Defence Ministry to draft a state of emergency law to be approved by the Cabinet after he returns to Thailand Wednesday, a source said.

The source said Somchai would fly to Chiang Mai from Peru and would use a military plane to travel to Bangkok to call an urgent Cabinet meeting.

The meeting would be called to approve the new state of emergency announcement.

The Nation

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/read.php?newsid=30089447

If it is declared the concert will get canceled. I hope it doesn't get declared when the artists and the intl fans get there.
    Some people on soompi also said some of their flies to bangkok have been canceled.
    koreangurl2626
    koreangurl2626
    Banned
    Banned

Female Number of posts : 369
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-13

Post by koreangurl2626 Tue 25 Nov 2008, 8:14 pm

wow. LMFAO. if LSM was smart, which is he isnt, he'll cancel. I mean, nobody wants TVXQ or Super Junior or ZLY or SHINee or CSJH to get hurt...but, heck, he can send SNSD!!!
    who knows, protesters might spill into the stadium or whatever they're using. RUN TAEMINNIE RUN!
    ~MiXiHae~DBSK
    ~MiXiHae~DBSK
    Awesome Anti

Female Number of posts : 1681
    Warning :
    UPDATED: SM Town Bangkok - Officially Postponed! Left_bar_bleue4 / 104 / 10UPDATED: SM Town Bangkok - Officially Postponed! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by ~MiXiHae~DBSK Tue 25 Nov 2008, 9:47 pm

LSM,just postpone this concert!!!
    i don't want anybody get hurt!!!0h my G0d!!!this is s0o0o0 scary!!!!
    if LSM sends SNSD,its okie..^^Let's them be there crying like hell c0z 0f hurt!
    But,i pity for Thailand Fans.They already wait this concert for a long time.But...Canceled??
    kil
    Anti

Number of posts : 84
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-16

Post by kil Tue 25 Nov 2008, 10:26 pm

OT but why is the font all screwed up on this page?
    AngelWings
    Official Anti

Number of posts : 174
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-15

Post by AngelWings Tue 25 Nov 2008, 11:49 pm

they should cancel it ALREADY!
    i watched the news and its really scary what happening there. SM forget about the money, you can think other ways on how to get them again. just think bout the safety of your artists and the fans. SME will loss more if they decided to push thru the concert.
    Yumii
    Yumii

Female Number of posts : 1054
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-10

Post by Yumii Wed 26 Nov 2008, 12:07 am

dude.. that's really scary O_O
    SM really need to think about their artist and fans safety. aish
    Just cancel the concert for everyone sake. >.<;;
    Ethanol
    Ethanol
    Super Anti

Female Number of posts : 426
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-28

Post by Ethanol Wed 26 Nov 2008, 12:40 am

Man, that's scary. I hope no one gets seriously hurt.. SME, be smart for once and cancel the concert for the safety of your staff, artists, and attendees of the concert.
    IhateSnSbtiche
    IhateSnSbtiche
    Beginner Anti

Female Number of posts : 31
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-09-09

Post by IhateSnSbtiche Wed 26 Nov 2008, 2:03 am

that is pretty scary..
    I hope SM cancel it or at least postponed for everyone safety, the artists, the fans, the staffs, family members, pilots, steward, stewardess and everyone else.

Right now, I just pray that our STAND sisters in Thailand are okay and things will be okay. Like queenbee said, do reconsider going if the concert is not cancel. Think bout your safety and life and the people that will be in worries if you go..
    kijun
    kijun
    Super Mod
    Super Mod

Female Number of posts : 902
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-17

Post by kijun Wed 26 Nov 2008, 2:08 am

omg that is so scary
    they should relocate >_<
    what if something happens to someone?!
    wont the artist or fans be devistated?!?!
    queenbee
    queenbee
    Admin
    Admin

Warning :

Post by queenbee Wed 26 Nov 2008, 2:16 am

^
    Nevermind how the fans/artists will feel if someone gets hurt during the concert..

This will surely turn into an international issue, with South Korea vs Thailand, if there are any injuries or casualties during the show...

There is an ongoing political and social unrest on the concert's host country, so if someone gets hurt, people will be looking for someone to blame... and knowing politicians, they'd rather point their fingers somewhere else...

So unfortunately, this is bigger that SME... if only Soo Man can actually understand that...

EDIT:
    I can't believe how stupid some soompi people are... saying that the concert is a Thai event and NOT an international one... WTF???

Last I checked all the artists are Koreans (except for Li Yin and Hangeng who are Chinese)...
    snsdsuckss
    snsdsuckss
    Super Anti

Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-21

Post by snsdsuckss Wed 26 Nov 2008, 2:30 am

i heard about the "war" that is happening in bangkok and the whole airport had to be shut down. which is sad for travellers who want to get on and off the planes. -_-

well, im glad that they postponed to some other time, cause SM artists wouldn't want to get hurt. 'cept for SNSD of course.
    LOL.

anyways, they should cancel it and go for another country.
    since its pretty dangerous to hold a concert in bangkok now.
    so no point
    queenbee
    queenbee
    Admin
    Admin

Warning :

Post by queenbee Wed 26 Nov 2008, 2:32 am

^
    There has been no news of any postponement yet... everyone is still waiting for news from either SME or Adamas
    snsdsuckss
    snsdsuckss
    Super Anti

Warning :

Post by snsdsuckss Wed 26 Nov 2008, 2:44 am

^ nvm then.
    well.
    cancelled.

lets just wait until they cancel it! :)
    queenbee
    queenbee
    Admin
    Admin

Warning :

Post by queenbee Wed 26 Nov 2008, 3:11 am

Hmm... apparently flight schedules of artists coming in from Korea will still go on as planned... nothing has been canceled... everyone will leave on Saturday (so I guess the Friday press conference is off?)

Suju (minus SJM),
    Shinee,
    CSJH (though I have no idea why they will be coming from Korea.. as I know, they are in Japan O__O ),
    and......
    SNSD MINUS YOONA

So are we seeing the Power of 8 in Thailand then? As much as I don't like lizard-face.. if this concert does push through, she's the lucky one... =___=

SJM and Li Yin will be flying in from China
    DBSK will be coming in from Japan

no confirmation yet on the China and Japan flights though...
    snsdsuckss
    snsdsuckss
    Super Anti

Warning :

Post by snsdsuckss Wed 26 Nov 2008, 3:23 am

^ thanks for the info.

LOL.
    i bet those snsd fans would be upset even if yoona doesnt appear.
    awww. just only the power of 8?
    so sad!

boo hoo! too bad.
    sadface
    sadface
    Beginner Anti

Number of posts : 33
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-10

Post by sadface Wed 26 Nov 2008, 3:57 am

I cannot believe SM is that STUPID to keep this concert going. Ok sure, he'll lose money (like he doesn't already have tons of it) but HELLO. SAFETY FIRST?

I'm so worried for everyone ugh. Anyone still planning on going please stay safe.

and HAHAH at Yoona not attending
    JaeMinLuv08
    Official Anti

Female Number of posts : 248
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-09-15

Post by JaeMinLuv08 Wed 26 Nov 2008, 4:08 am

Holy sh*t. O_O the concert is still gonna go on!? Just cancel it already LSM .. T__T I don't want any of them to get hurt.. especially DBSK D: D:

Lol @ Yoona not going.. lolololol. Where's the power of the Nine? Razz
    Bento_box
    Bento_box
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1686
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-12

Post by Bento_box Wed 26 Nov 2008, 4:36 am

Frankly, I'm quite disappointed in some of you guys, I wouldnt want SNSD to be there if there was any risk of harm. Also, this is definately not a laughing matter.

At the moment we're waiting on news from the Army chief after talks with Military Leaders and how they're going to handle this situation.

The entire Airport is under siege by anti-Government Protestors, this should be a clear excuse for SM to pull out. Them continuing this is in no way noble, the only message they're sending is that they value money more than the safety of their staff, artists and their consumers.

Don't forget the target audience for this gig, children to young adults. I imagine if this Concert goes through, even if nothing happens, not many people will show up. Prepare to see more empty seats, but I really am praying for a cancellation or postponement. These Protestors are hella determined.

I'm with GT on this one, this is far bigger than SM, and if God Forbid, anything happens to anyone in relation to this event, there will be hell to pay. And SM will find it hard if not nearly impossible to clear up their name as the violence on Tuesday should have been enough reason to cancel. Now that there are 3,000 passengers stranded in the airport, with the control tower held by anti-Government protestors, it's just something else.

SME and Adamas should be shamed of themselves for letting this drag on, waiting for an Emergency Royal Act so you can say that it was out of your hands? And perhaps not be liable to pay back refunds?
    FISHYILUFFYOU
    FISHYILUFFYOU
    Super Anti

Female Number of posts : 325
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Post by FISHYILUFFYOU Wed 26 Nov 2008, 5:33 am

I dont think the concert is going to be cancelled.
    Once there was a rumour about cancelling the Super Junior Super Show.. i was shocked... but they finally DID NOT cancel the concert.

I live in Thailand btw lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 4:26 pm