The First International Anti-SNSD Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Forever Hate The Nine
SiuMan
Makro
Maria
queenbqty
ceejae
xjjjLOVE
StupidSonesSux
Mecana
~MiXiHae~DBSK
stand<3
SuperJunior
bigbangislove
queenbee
18 posters

2010 GDA: Blatant Payoff by SME?

queenbee
    queenbee
    Admin
    Admin

Female Number of posts : 2166
    Warning :
    2010 GDA: Blatant Payoff by SME? Left_bar_bleue0 / 100 / 102010 GDA: Blatant Payoff by SME? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-03

2010 GDA: Blatant Payoff by SME? Empty 2010 GDA: Blatant Payoff by SME?

Post by queenbee Sat 25 Dec 2010, 1:09 pm

2010 GDA: Blatant Payoff by SME? Goldendiskaward2010gold

When the Golden Disk Award 2010 aired last 9th December, much debate came about as to the winners of the Disk Daesang Award and YEPP Popularity Award...

2010 Disk Daesang Award Winner: SNSD
    2010 YEPP Popularity Award Winner: SNSD

And while Sones may say their girls deserved the win, another set of fans were left questioning the validity of said awards.

Since the introduction of SNSD, end of year award shows have started to be marred with politics and intrigues, such as 2008's GDA.

This year seems to have taken a turn for the worse as major awards were given to SNSD, while another group was left in the gutter and their fans in disbelief.

Let us start with the YEPP Popularity Award. It is clearly based on popularity votes which, according to the GDA website on the day of the actual award show, Shinee and Super Junior were comfortably leading the polls, and SNSD on a far third place.

2010 GDA: Blatant Payoff by SME? 86049027

However on the award night itself, the YEPP Popularity Award was given to Shinee and SNSD, with GDA's "excuse" of Suju already winning the Asia Popularity Award.
    Therefore, the YEPP will go instead to the 3rd placer, never minding the 16% difference in scores.

A lamer "excuse" given by GDA was this year's supposed male/female category for the YEPP which, in all aspect, was NEVER mentioned in GDA' website.

Last year's YEPP Popularity Award winners were Shinee and Suju, ranking #1 and #2, respectively.

2010 GDA: Blatant Payoff by SME? Gda2009

As for the Daesang Award, people from the music industry, as well as media, were seeing Suju as the top contender for the much anticipated Daesang Award, and if so, will be 2 years in a row. Their basis were Hanteo charts' end of year ranking (from 100101 up to 101208) and the popularity votes which Suju was leading over SNSD.

2010 GDA: Blatant Payoff by SME? 89717475

2010 GDA: Blatant Payoff by SME? 53144389

So imagine ELF's shock upon the announcement of this year's Daesang Award winner. You can clearly hear the crowd's stunned silence after the MC announced the winner as "So Nyu Shi Dae".:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/WUFLzCoTlMU?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/WUFLzCoTlMU?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

A lot of speculations have been given regarding the supposed ranking of GDA. They say the album sales were based, not just on the actual album alone, but also the repackaged versions. Which begs the question, what about the VersionB versions? While Suju has "Bonamana" and its repackaged version, SNSD had "Oh!" and a repackaged version, as well. SNSD's album sales for "Hoot" was not to be included as it was released AFTER the list of nominees were already selected.

Daesang 2010 Nominees

Kim Jong Kook
    Album: Vol. 6 Eleventh Story
    Title Track: “This Person”

DJ DOC
    Album: Vol. 7 Taste for the Arts
    Title Track: “I’m This Kind of Person”

Lucid Fall
    Album: Vol. 4 Les Miserables
    Title Track: “Mackerel”

Bobby Kim
    Album: Vol. 3 Heart & Soul
    Title Track: “Like A Man”

Vibe
    Album: Vol. 4 Vibe In Praha
    Title Track: “Come Back”

Verandah Project
    Album: Vol. 1 Day Off
    Title Track: “Bike Riding”

BoA
    Album: Vol. 6 Hurricane Venus
    Title Track: “Hurricane Venus”

SHINee
    Album: Vol. 2 Lucifer
    Title Track: “Lucifer”

Super Junior
    Album: Vol. 4 Bonamana
    Title Track: “Bonamana”

Supreme Team
    Album: Vol.1 Supremier
    Title Track: “Step Up”

SNSD
    Album: Vol. 2 Oh!
    Title Track: “Oh!”

Epik High
    Album: Epik High / Epilogue
    Title Track: “Run”

U-KISS
    Album: Vol. 1 U-Kiss Only One Album
    Title Track: “Bingeul Bingeul”

Younha
    Album: Vol. 3 Part. B Growing Season
    Title Track: “I Broke Up Today”

Lee Sung Hwan
    Album: Vol. 10 Dreamizer
    Title Track: “Perfect Memory”

Lee Juk
    Album: Vol. 4 Love
    TItle Track: “With You”

Taeyang
    Album: Vol. 1 Solar
    Title Track: “I Need A Girl”

2NE1
    Album: Vol. 1 To Anyone
    TItle Track: “Can’t Nobody”

T-ara
    Album: Breaking Heart (Repackaged)
    Title Track: “I Go Crazy Because of You”

K. Will
    Albm: Vol. 2 Miss, Miss, Miss
    Title Track: “Miss, Miss, Miss”

From a news article:
    2010 GDA: Blatant Payoff by SME? Newsas

Number of albums sold:
    SNSD's "Oh!" Album: 123,318
    SNSD's "Oh!" Repackaged: 56,543
    Super Junior's "Bonamana" version A: 131,946
    Super Junior's "Bonamana" Repackaged: 45,412
    Super Junior's "Bonamana" version B: 48,368

The numbers clearly show Super Junior leading the album sales. However, after the awards night, articles have also been going around that SNSD's album "Hoot" was included in the count. This would definitely overthrow Suju's album sales number, as "Hoot" was said to have sold 91,544 copies since its release late this year.

While this "new" GDA ruling regarding the album count has been vague to the point of ridiculous, the only "excuse" GDA apparently came up with is that since Suju won last year and since the difference in album sales between SNSD and Suju were small(?), judges decided to award the Daesang to SNSD... Apparently, Daesang is decided on 60% album sales, 20% popularity votes, and 20% on judges votes... really now?

So the big question is, how much did SME spend in making sure SNSD have center stage on this year's GDA?

Not saying that SNSD didn't do anything for their sales of "Oh!", but let's be honest, isn't this too obvious even for SNSD? Where are the covert planning and underhanded tactics that SM is so known for?

Album sales, popularity votes... everything has been tallied and added up... and it definitely showed who won.

One thing is for sure, though: SME is now being blatant on playing favorites.

Sources:
    link
    link
    bigbangislove
    Awesome Anti

Female Number of posts : 1555
    Warning :
    2010 GDA: Blatant Payoff by SME? Left_bar_bleue0 / 100 / 102010 GDA: Blatant Payoff by SME? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-01-07

2010 GDA: Blatant Payoff by SME? Empty Re: 2010 GDA: Blatant Payoff by SME?

Post by bigbangislove Sat 25 Dec 2010, 4:26 pm

Why is it almost every award SNSD wins is won on unsound ground?
    Most of their wins are very suspicious and they almost always seem to win by default or as if their awards are consolation prizes.
    "Oh, don't worry! You're not the loser...YOU'RE THE LAST WINNER!".
    SuperJunior
    SuperJunior
    Official Anti

Female Number of posts : 285
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-07-24

Post by SuperJunior Mon 27 Dec 2010, 1:35 am

The youtube comments are getting as out of hand as I thought they would.
    Sones are automatically stating that all ELFs are bad people.
    And that they get angry when Suju doesn't win something.
    That's not true at all. My biase isn't either one of them, and I'm still angry.
    I think that if this were to happen to Sones, they'd be in a riot!
    They'd probably be angrier than ELFs are!
    Sones never think about their words or actions.
    Besides, it's pretty obvious that SNSD could NEVER beat Suju if they went up against each other all out.
    stand<3
    stand<3
    Sexy Anti

Female Number of posts : 919
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-11

Post by stand<3 Mon 27 Dec 2010, 1:49 am

While this "new" GDA ruling regarding the album count has been vague to the point of ridiculous, the only "excuse" GDA apparently came up with is that since Suju won last year and since the difference in album sales between SNSD and Suju were small(?), judges decided to award the Daesang to SNSD

What kind of a lame excuse is this? Because SUJU won last year, you are not giving them again even if they earn it? WOW..WOW..WOW.. that is BS Twisted Evil
    ~MiXiHae~DBSK
    ~MiXiHae~DBSK
    Awesome Anti

Female Number of posts : 1681
    Warning :
    2010 GDA: Blatant Payoff by SME? Left_bar_bleue4 / 104 / 102010 GDA: Blatant Payoff by SME? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by ~MiXiHae~DBSK Mon 27 Dec 2010, 3:42 am

What the heck ?!
    This is so unfair !
    Suju deserves that award .
    This is stupid and doesn't make any sense at all !
    Really hate this!
    Mecana
    Mecana
    Super Anti

Female Number of posts : 304
    Warning :

Registration date : 2010-04-14

Post by Mecana Mon 27 Dec 2010, 10:18 pm

The lame excuse that GDA keeps giving is just make things more suspicious, The award system in Korea is ridiculous. If things keep on continuing like that no artiste will put their all in their music anymore because if a company can buy awards why waste time writing and producing your music.
    It is obvious that people were shocked when they called SNSD, for once I wish the Korean entertainment industry were like America, where people are more outspoken because Koreans should protest against this unjust act against a group who rightfully deserves that award. People are just afraid to speak out.
    Donghae looked pissed as he should, if it was my group I would have been angry as well
    StupidSonesSux
    Awesome Anti

Number of posts : 1232
    Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-17

Post by StupidSonesSux Tue 28 Dec 2010, 11:21 am

Korean awards are rigged~~ we all know that but seriously SJ and ELFs got ripped off big time since ELFs spend money to send in vote...i feel bad for them.
    xjjjLOVE
    xjjjLOVE
    Super Anti

Number of posts : 474
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-11

Post by xjjjLOVE Fri 31 Dec 2010, 2:13 am

I will never forgive them for this, for the pain they put the Suju members through and for the angst their fans are now putting them through, who the hell do they think they are.

Leeteuk's video broke my heart- SM you are a piece of Sh!t.
    ceejae
    ceejae
    Official Anti

Female Number of posts : 210
    Warning :
    2010 GDA: Blatant Payoff by SME? Left_bar_bleue1 / 101 / 102010 GDA: Blatant Payoff by SME? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-05-08

Post by ceejae Fri 31 Dec 2010, 6:48 am

Do anyone remember that scene from THE DEVIL'S WEAR PRADA?...where it was time for James Holt's recognition and Nigel was really expecting that Miranda would assign him to be like the new president of James Holt's new line extension then suddenly during the announcement Miranda announced that Jacqueline Follet(I'm not sure with her last name) will be IT instead of the rumor that the latter would be the new editor-in-chief of RUNWAY..And so Nigel was really disappointed BUT HE JUST SAID "WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT, SHE'LL PAY ME BACK"..Well my point is..NIGEL IS BEST ON WHAT HE'S DOING AND MIRANDA RECOGNIZE IT BUT not at that moment where Miranda has the urge to KEEP HER POWER over Runway..so maybe...JUST MAYBE..WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT, SME WILL PAY SUPER JUNIOR BACK..
    queenbqty
    queenbqty
    Awesome Anti

Female Number of posts : 1195
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-07-05

Post by queenbqty Fri 31 Dec 2010, 1:17 pm

^I doubt that sme or gda is going to pay Super Junior back, because that would be admitting that something was done wrong to them. I sincerely doubt that sme thinks that it is wrong to rig/pay for awards for snsd that rightfully should have gone to someone else, they will do ANYTHING to try to make snsd look good!

The only way Super Junior is ever gonna get any justice is to get away from the Devil/sme. This "Devil loves plastic girls who wear booty shorts"!
    Maria
    Beginner Anti

Number of posts : 28
    Warning :

Registration date : 2010-04-14

Post by Maria Sat 01 Jan 2011, 10:15 pm

How can SNSD walk and talk to Super Junior after that? Even if it was SM's fault I would feel ashamed and guilty of how happy I was when I recieved the award...
    Mianhae, SuJu oppas... everytime I see this, I cry... I think about everything that happened to you guys this year...Mianhae...
    Makro
    Makro
    Anti

Number of posts : 93
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-07-01

Post by Makro Sun 06 Feb 2011, 7:58 pm

Eh. I seriously should stop visiting STAND, it makes me depressed every time I come here.
    I mean, seriously, is asking for a little bit of fair threatment is that much?
    The thing that hurts me the most is the fact that if not Cassies, SM would be just one of those small agencies making money only on 1 famous artist. And now, DBSK is disbanded, JYJ are threated like shit, while the most hated by Cassies band is getting all the awards thanks to the CEO's money.
    And Sones still are rude, disrespecfull, blind and brainless.
    I think I'd rather go back to loving-little-boys Johnny's, at least Japan is fair in their award ceremonies and in the terms of idols popularity.
    SiuMan
    SiuMan
    Sexy Anti

Female Number of posts : 581
    Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-03

Post by SiuMan Mon 07 Feb 2011, 8:22 am

LOL We all know some other groups should have won.
    Any group but SNSD!

There are news toay saying that SJ's 4th album is the best seller in 2010,
    then why the hell should SNSD won?
    SME should do better then THIS!
    Forever Hate The Nine
    Forever Hate The Nine
    Official Anti

Female Number of posts : 170
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-19

Post by Forever Hate The Nine Mon 14 Feb 2011, 9:50 am

This really suck news!
    I was so sad when Super Junior didn't won the Daesang!
    SUJU DESERVE IT!!!
    I want to CRY!!!
    AngelaLoveSuperJunior
    Super Anti

Female Number of posts : 344
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-05-04

Post by AngelaLoveSuperJunior Sun 03 Apr 2011, 1:13 pm

2010 GDA: Blatant Payoff by SME? Tumblr_lilkmxU2oy1qg8rau
    what what
    Mehr03
    The Shy One

Female Number of posts : 13
    Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-08

Post by Mehr03 Wed 08 Jun 2011, 5:26 pm

yeah you are all so right...i was so angry and hurt when suju did not win the award...thy worked so hard and those stupid girls took away the award...that is when i really started to dislike SNSD and those sones...SUJU fIGHTING
    antisnsd4death
    Banned
    Banned

Number of posts : 1
    Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-21

Post by antisnsd4death Tue 21 Jun 2011, 3:15 pm

Mehr03 wrote:yeah you are all so right...i was so angry and hurt when suju did not win the award...thy worked so hard and those stupid girls took away the award...that is when i really started to dislike SNSD and those sones...SUJU fIGHTING

>The STAND OFFICIAL NEWS forum is now officially closed for regular members.

You continue to prove you are retarded and don't know how to read or speak English.
    antisnsd4lyfe
    antisnsd4lyfe
    Sexy Anti

Female Number of posts : 944
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-16

Post by antisnsd4lyfe Tue 21 Jun 2011, 3:27 pm

AND STAND WILL BE AROUND AS LONG AS SNSD&THE DISRESPECTFUL,INSECURE,AND STUPID FANCLUB NAME SONE IS AROUND>News for the obvious SONE above< you dont like us around.....toO bad,we have to deal with you sones,so now you have to deal with us.Equal win win situation,dont like it leave STAND and k-pop.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 16 May 2024, 6:07 pm