The First International Anti-SNSD Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+30
KangNaMi
anti_9
izzybellboo
super_jessy
sweet.station
soshi?
iluvSTAND
Nisea
aatoown
yunho_lady
Mizuki
Raemi
ai_sumairu
xSNShitDx
raindrop
cherry_berry
vietnameseanti
C. ELESTE
Meilisa125
Guest101
koreangurl2626
KihaeXi
iraaryana
B*tchanny
blabblepop
Kamo
soshihater
LenaLuvsWG
amylia
TroubledAqua
34 posters

Wondergirls vs. Girls' Generation (Editorial)

TroubledAqua
    TroubledAqua
    Anti

Female Number of posts : 54
    Warning :
    Wondergirls vs. Girls' Generation (Editorial) Left_bar_bleue0 / 100 / 10Wondergirls vs. Girls' Generation (Editorial) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-14

Wondergirls vs. Girls' Generation (Editorial) Empty Wondergirls vs. Girls' Generation (Editorial)

Post by TroubledAqua Tue 15 Jul 2008, 6:06 pm

Wondergirls vs. Girls' Generation (Editorial) Wg1

It has been a while since Music Bank but there are still many people talking, discussing and arguing on who did better: WonderGirls singing the SNSD song of ‘Kissing You’ or Girls’ Generation singing the WG song of ‘Tell Me’. Personally, I have started to become sick and tired of the arguing between the two sides. In all honesty, it is just a matter of opinion… whether you are a music virtuoso or completely tone deaf. So I decided to take a different route with this argument. Instead of arguing which group sang/performed better at Music Bank, I decided to ask the following:

Which group will be more successful?

Before I can attempt to answer this question, I have to define what success is. In my opinion, success for an Asian artist or group is one thing: The Western world. Now I am not trying to be racist or say stuff like ‘The West is Best’ but if you measure all the people who have heard of Britney Spears compare to all the people who have heard of BoA… which girl would have the larger group? I am pretty sure there are going to be some people who will argue with me saying: “But TroubledAqua… not all Asian artists want to debut in America.” This is true. But let’s think back to when we were all children and we all had big dreams. No one just wanted to be the best basketball player only in the US or the best soccer player only in Brazil… no… we all had a higher goal. We wanted to be the best whatever in the world.
    Thankfully the western world is starting to notice the Asian talent into a more mainstream light. Some of the recent events we should know about are:

Wondergirls vs. Girls' Generation (Editorial) 2-2

Charice Pempengco discovery on YouTube
    The new lead singer of the band Journey who is Filipino
    Rain’s appearances on ‘The Colbert Report’, ‘Speed Racer’ and his goal to release an English album
    SM Entertainment’s plans to debut DBSK and BoA in America

Wondergirls vs. Girls' Generation (Editorial) Vine_divider

Just yesterday ( 07/07/08 ), we were supposed to have Se7en’s new album debut into the American market. However, it was delayed into a later time. Why? Though the note sent did not mention much… we can all assume that this album wasn’t western ready to be released. We all have to remember that the east and the west have two different styles of music. To appeal to the west, you have to have a little bit of western roots in your Asian style.

So I am going to compare the two groups into categories and answer who I think the American people would like more.

Band/Number

Both groups are lucky since they are both girl bands. It seems like boy bands have died well into the 90’s but girl bands are still alive and kicking. This is probably because they appeal to both women and men. In concern to number, Wondergirls have won. This is because there are less of them. We have to remember two things… first human nature and then stereotypical western nature. Human nature is that it is easier to remember a few people then a lot of people… especially if you do not know them well. This also adds to the fact that stereotypical western world cannot tell Asians apart. I know a lot of you Asian out there have been called Chinese or Japanese (when you are not), or asked if so-and-so was your brother even if he was a different race than you. For some reason, we all look alike to them. It might take even longer to tell apart 9 people compared to 5.

Wondergirls image seems to have varied a lot. It seems they were debuted to be the ‘sexy’ type but then transformed to the ‘cool, cute’ type. SNSD’s image was always the ‘cute, virgin, angel, unmarried type’. The win on image can go both ways but let me tell you some things I thought about. I think people are more willing to accept a 15 year old acting older than a 19 year old acting like a baby. The whole virgin image probably wouldn’t work now in the music field since sex really sells and there isn’t harsh censorship like in S. Korea. Even Britney Spears who debut as a ’16 year old virgin’ changed her image into a sex symbol over time. This brings me to my next point. Let’s say SNSD does change their image into a sexy risqué image. Maybe a lot of their fans who love their virgin image would feel hurt that they compromised themselves for the western market.

Song

This is the most important category since it is mainly why people like an artist or group. Before I go on I just want to say I am not going to be talking about vocal ability and quality in this. If William Hung can make a CD and actually sell it, I don’t think the American public is that into if a person can sing or not. Since I am talking about Music Bank… I am going to talk about the songs ‘So Hot’ and ‘Kissing You’.

True story: I was having lunch with a few of my friends and please note: they were not Asian and they never listen to K-pop. We were talking about what kind of songs we were currently listening too. I finally decided to 'fess up and tell them how in love I was with this one Korean song: ‘So Hot’. They wanted to hear it so I pulled out my iPhone (yes, be jealous.) and played it for them. Immediately they wanted me to send them the song, find out how to download it and find out who the artist was.

‘Kissing You’ is known as a bubblegum pop song or a baby cute song. I doubt westerns will immediately like girls singing that song. It isn’t something they are used too and as all Asian things that westerns aren’t used too... it will just be classified as weird. I bet a lot of people are also tired of love songs. At least with ‘So Hot’ it follows the footsteps of self-acclaiming songs like ‘Fergalicious’ and ‘Don’t Cha’. Because it follows a western trend, I am going to have to give the win to Wondergirls.

Wondergirls vs. Girls' Generation (Editorial) Vine_divider

So Honeys, Wonderfuls, neutrals and haters all alike go argue as much as you like. Because no matter what you think about this one performance... just ask yourselves... which group will be more successful?

Sources:

(Reposted from: http://shenyuepop.forumotion.com/editorials-f16/wondergirls-vs-girls-generation-t2748.htm)
    Se7en- http://shenyuepop.forumotion.com/korean-entertainment-news-f3/7-7-se7en-fails-to-deliver-t2727.htm?highlight=se7en
    Dividers- http://www.countrylanecraftsandantiques.com/
    amylia
    amylia
    Banned
    Banned

Number of posts : 67
    Warning :
    Wondergirls vs. Girls' Generation (Editorial) Left_bar_bleue0 / 100 / 10Wondergirls vs. Girls' Generation (Editorial) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-11

Wondergirls vs. Girls' Generation (Editorial) Empty Re: Wondergirls vs. Girls' Generation (Editorial)

Post by amylia Tue 15 Jul 2008, 6:27 pm

I agree with you about the image thing. Another thing is about culture. I think Asians are more reserved while Americans are more outgoing in their behavior. I think many Asians forget about this and that is why one of the reason the don't really debut there successfully. They can't adapt to American culture.

Back to the image thing, Americans are more open-minded about their sexuality while us here in Asia are not really.. ermm how do I say this... open? Lol. You can hear Britney Spears go 'Hit me baby one more time' there, but I doubt you could it here (if you're an idol that is). Although we are slowly adapting their genre and music but there are still things that we kept. I don't think people will really hear you sing 'Let's go to my room and do you know what, bla, bla' kind of music any time soon.

But WG are slowly adapting into cute-sexy image so people tend to like it more. So if they use this kind of song in States, people here would let them get away with it since it is their image. Beside the new song is kinda like sexy tongue-in cheek that's really in right now. Their image is something new and unique that differentiate them from other idol groups. That's one of the main point they're so successful. Like Big Bang that sang hip-hop and not pop like normal idol group. No wonder this two groups have many follower ans successful. People nowadays like different flavors and variety.

But SNSD? Remember what they represent? Virginal, cute image (SM admitted it before didn't they?). It don't really work. Maybe if you want to debut in Disney channel or you're 15 years old like Miley Cyrus it will work but you're not. Americans are gonna laugh at your face. Even Britney wear that tank top in the MV when she was 16. The image concept? May i say that it's 'been there, done that' thing? Seriously it's kinda like a recycle image that people will soon get tired off. With other new girl groups coming out I with the same image and concept, I wonder how long they could last.
    LenaLuvsWG
    Banned
    Banned

Number of posts : 91
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-15

Wondergirls vs. Girls' Generation (Editorial) Empty Re: Wondergirls vs. Girls' Generation (Editorial)

Post by LenaLuvsWG Tue 15 Jul 2008, 6:32 pm

Them making it in the US does not mean one wins over the other because you know SNSD has very fluent english speakers, and horny pervs in the US will love tiffany -.-;

WG has more success already, the way tell me hit Korea was with as much impact as the macarena had on the US to be honest. ^^ It was so huge, the song is obviously going down in korean pop history as a best, no matter how long WG last.

SNSD does not have the class and charm to win Korea back over. People are trying to bring WG down now by bad mouthing the gorgeous Ye eun but it's not working. SNSD will never make it up to their level again.
    TroubledAqua
    TroubledAqua
    Anti

Female Number of posts : 54
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-14

Post by TroubledAqua Tue 15 Jul 2008, 6:39 pm

@ amylia

What a wonderful and well written reply! It just shows that us Antis don't only got the looks but the brains as well!

I am going to have to disagree about Asia not being open to sexuality. Now I know for a fact that S. Korea is pretty closed up about those things but what about Japan? They have Host/Hostess clubs, Soaplands, Hentai, etc. etc. I mean take some songs for instant. DBSK's Korean songs are pretty much clean... but their Japanese songs? I believe 'Ride On' is prrreeettttyyyy dirty.

I have no idea how it is like in S. Korea but I am pretty sure like most countries, they might open up more to a bit of open sexuality. And when that happens, SNSD and other virgin group are going to be over.
    amylia
    amylia
    Banned
    Banned

Number of posts : 67
    Warning :

Post by amylia Tue 15 Jul 2008, 7:15 pm

Well about Japan, they do have those things but people who go there go discreetly and never really talk or admit going there. Kinda like guilty pleasure? Lol. And like I said, we're slowly adapting to the American culture so probably in another 5-10 year people can talk more about it openly. IMHO Japan is one of the traditional country that I have ever been to before. Don't ask me why I said it, it just that I got that vibe when I went there. I mean, my Japanese friend scolded me a little when I asked her what that building over there was and I can assure you I'm an adult. Turned out the building was a love hotel. Aaahhh fun memories make me miss that country. Lol. Hence the not so very open thing. Razz

And DBSK, I think they're already past the innocent love song stage already. They could afford to be a little bit raunchy now and then what's with Junsu ripping of his shirt on stage during that last concert. They're slowly leaving their cute idol image and moving toward more sexier singer image. Not that I'm complaining, I still remember some of their past costume *shiver*. Just what the heck their stylist are thinking? Not to compare them, because both of this group have different genre and fanbase, but somehow I couldn't help thinking that DBSK now is kinda like Shinhwa during their 3rd album where they're all shirtless and sing and dance sexier. To me right now DBSK are evolving into real men now, not that they're not men before. I hope you get what I mean cause I can't really explain it that well.

I also don't know how's it in Korea since I've never been there myself. Lol. And thank you Aqua (may I call you that?) for the compliment. And I do like your article, that's why I'm replying to it. IMO even if SNSD have it going on right now, it wouldn't last long with the way they're going and image they're portraying. They're kinda like ermm what's the phrase? 10 minute fame? Funny isn't it that the silent treatment also went for 10 minutes. Enjoy it while it last gurls cause I somehow have this feeling that it wouldn't last long.
    soshihater
    soshihater
    Sexy Anti

Female Number of posts : 795
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-13

Post by soshihater Wed 16 Jul 2008, 3:59 am

hmm.....now we're coming to the serious part...

seriously...
    i agree with you in "people will prefer seeing a 15 years old girl than seeing a 19 yo girl acting like a baby"
    i guess..if you're at that age, maybe you should create a group which is more like young adult or siomething...
    i'm reffering to CSJH.

they know thay're not THAT young anymore and their company knows that, so they change their image into sexy one.....

HOWEVER,
    idk wat papa LSM think when he decided to debuted snsd back then....
    they don't have to act cute if they're NOT cute...
    it only makes people puke...9just like wat i did)

and about who's going to be success...
    GOD forgive me, but idk yet..
    WG: they're naturally cute and when they're trying to change their image.....they do it perfectly..and we all likes it rite??

SNSHITD: well wat can i say? they have average voice (some belos) and, they also not that good in dancing, not mentioning their rude attitude which make them even uglier than ever......

it really depends on how strong they are..
    THE STRONGEST WILL COME AS THE WINNER...
    but for now, my heart goes to WONDER GIRLS....
    Kamo
    Kamo
    Admin
    Admin

Female Number of posts : 447
    Warning :

Post by Kamo Wed 16 Jul 2008, 4:48 pm

This has been moved to the new home for editorials ^^
    blabblepop
    blabblepop
    Graphic Artists
    Graphic Artists

Number of posts : 536
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by blabblepop Tue 05 Aug 2008, 5:07 am

lol its pretty obvious who's more successful
    wonder girls, of course
    the nation hugged tell me
    while they just looked at snsd's panties
    B*tchanny
    Official Anti

Female Number of posts : 101
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Post by B*tchanny Tue 05 Aug 2008, 11:32 pm

duh obviously its wonder girls they have proven it so many times already.

tell me and so hot were really big big hits.

wonder girls changes their image all the time whereas snsd stays at the cutesy image which is really getting boring they never showcase new stuffs so for sure they wont last longer.

as for fans of both groups id say wonder girls have lots of TRUE fans while snsd doesnt well most of their fans just fancy their high kicking panty showing dance moves and trust me if they stop doing those high kicking panty showing dance moves they wont attract anyone.
    iraaryana

Number of posts : 5
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Post by iraaryana Mon 18 Aug 2008, 8:38 pm

wonder girls is the one...shitdae will never able to beat them....many many loves for our wonder girls...they are my favourite group...
    KihaeXi
    KihaeXi
    Awesome Anti

Female Number of posts : 1028
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-18

Post by KihaeXi Tue 19 Aug 2008, 2:00 am

Wonder Girls obviously!
    at least they didnt have to flash their panties obscenely
    to get so popular.
    snSHIT just had people edit their voices and songs.
    koreangurl2626
    koreangurl2626
    Banned
    Banned

Female Number of posts : 369
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-13

Post by koreangurl2626 Wed 20 Aug 2008, 12:42 pm

i think Rain would be the most popular, due to the Colbert Bump.
    Colbert is my favorite comedian, and i was watching it on May 9th (day before my birthday) and RAIN appeared!!!! AHHHHh!!!!! i was like, OMFG NO WAY! MOMMY~
    i was so proud of my Rainie-poo.
    and in Colbert's book I am america and so can you, colbert says: I am afraid of Koreans.
    LMFAO Hes afraid of Rain~
    but i think Big Bang would be pretty big in america, because when i listened to With U, i had flashbacks to Chris Brown, Usher, etc.
    And Charice Pempengco is AWESOME! i saw her on Star King, then i was watching oprah and she was on! i was like, OMG ITS CHARICEEEE!!!

but wondergirls would beat snsd in everything they do.
    Guest101

Number of posts : 1
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-25

Post by Guest101 Mon 25 Aug 2008, 5:00 am

I guess our definition of success is different.
    Artists such as Seo Taiji, Edit Piaf and Um Kultum might not say a thing to
    the average American , but they are considered as 3 of the
    most admired artists in the world.
    indeed the US takes a big part in the world's music business and you might get more people to listen to your songs but that doesn't mean you make good music, which if you can't - means failure.
    So yes, maybe Britney Spears made more money than 3 of the people written above, yet in about 10 years the only people who'll remember her will be the paparazzi, while Taiji's heritage will always be honored.
    To answer your (quite conceited) question...
    The only "girl band" which made it big in the last years in the US was "the pussycat dolls", so I'd rather WG not lower their standards to the already so low ones of the american market
    I can see how 9 more b!@## can fit in perfectly with all
    the other american b@#$ who make plenty of money in the US.
    Truthfully, WG should try to penetrate the European market where right now Korean dramas are getting great popularity. I can totally
    see "So hot" reigning over top of the charts there.
    Wonder Girls hwaiting!
    Meilisa125
    Meilisa125
    Anti

Female Number of posts : 93
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-19

Post by Meilisa125 Sat 30 Aug 2008, 7:08 am

WONDERGIRLS!!

SNSD GO TO HELL@@@!!!
    C. ELESTE
    C. ELESTE
    Anti

Female Number of posts : 70
    Location : In LeeTeuk's dreams, affections, heart & mind always
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-12

Post by C. ELESTE Sun 31 Aug 2008, 3:35 am

I never really was a fan of WG
    but at least they're better than
    some bitches.

* I heard that WG did plastic surgery too.
    So aren't they about the same?
    vietnameseanti
    vietnameseanti
    Anti

Female Number of posts : 48
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-31

Post by vietnameseanti Mon 01 Sep 2008, 4:26 am

WGs is much better
    They know how to sing live,how to dance,how to behave
    And what can SNSD do?They only know how to make mistakes =.=
    @C. ELESTE:WGs didn't have plastic sugery,they're all natural <look at their baby pics>
    cherry_berry
    cherry_berry
    Official Anti

Female Number of posts : 270
    Warning :
    Wondergirls vs. Girls' Generation (Editorial) Left_bar_bleue2 / 102 / 10Wondergirls vs. Girls' Generation (Editorial) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-08

Post by cherry_berry Mon 08 Sep 2008, 1:55 am

i think wg is better than snsdog,,,,
    wg is starting their career in USA,
    hw bout soshit????
    they only make make and make many rumors
    raindrop
    The Shy One

Female Number of posts : 12
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-09-27

Post by raindrop Sun 28 Sep 2008, 11:32 am

WG didn´t have plastic surgery like those B*tches
    adn they are way more successful than those nine together
    Surprise anyway the only thing the SHitdea are good at it´s to show their pants and acting like some baby who cannot let their hands from plastic candys :))
    xSNShitDx
    The Shy One

Number of posts : 17
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post by xSNShitDx Tue 30 Sep 2008, 2:08 pm

haha..
    guys, I think we should stop arguing who will win.. *but I believe all of us in wondergirls side*
    we already know who will win and.. finally they win!
    I watched arirang TV a few days ago and IT HAS BEEN PROCLAIMED!!
    Wondergirls made it to 'the top 8 girl bands in the world'
    and in that top 8, there are PussiCatDolls (USA) and The Saturdays (GB)

they sure will turn the 9 shits red!! XP
    ai_sumairu
    ai_sumairu
    Awesome Anti

Female Number of posts : 1427
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-11-03

Post by ai_sumairu Fri 14 Nov 2008, 1:43 am

I totally agree with everything that you said!!! As far as I can remember... I met Wonder Girls first rather than the shitdaes. I'm really sure that WG wins every situation whatsoever... You already have everything and I totally believe and agree to that. WG, FTW!!!!! Wondergirls vs. Girls' Generation (Editorial) 30358

Oh and thanks so much for mentioning Filipino artists! Makes me so proud! rabbit
    Raemi
    Raemi
    Banned
    Banned

Female Number of posts : 402
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-10-18

Post by Raemi Sun 14 Dec 2008, 11:53 pm

Wonder Girls are the real talented ones.
    SNSD just have to rely on LSM to get where they are today.
    Mizuki
    Mizuki
    Awesome Anti

Female Number of posts : 1185
    Warning :
    Wondergirls vs. Girls' Generation (Editorial) Left_bar_bleue1 / 101 / 10Wondergirls vs. Girls' Generation (Editorial) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-12-17

Post by Mizuki Thu 18 Dec 2008, 6:02 pm

I agree. WG will be more successful.
    yunho_lady
    yunho_lady
    Super Anti

Number of posts : 308
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-12-28

Post by yunho_lady Sun 18 Jan 2009, 1:28 am

well...IMO....i think WG are so far better than SNSD.
    and they're more decent and talented...
    aatoown
    Anti

Number of posts : 76
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-24

Post by aatoown Sun 18 Jan 2009, 2:19 am

wondergirls might be able to make it...already their names are shown here in the US (perezhilton and some other website i forgot ^^;;)
    however i don't know if song's like tell me would make it here in the US o_o;
    but with SNSD i highly doubt that they can make it here...
    their songs are all bubble gum pop, which....only little girls would like (aka girls who like hannah montana or somethign like that) and also the girls had plastic surgery..i don't know about where you guys live in the US, but where I live a lot of people look down on plastic surgery...so i think that could be really bad for them.
    Nisea
    Nisea
    Super Anti

Female Number of posts : 331
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-09-12

Post by Nisea Wed 21 Jan 2009, 7:31 am

of course WG will be more successful. sun ye did her nose because of a car accident. she was badly injured.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 13 May 2024, 2:24 am