The First International Anti-SNSD Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+45
leeyejin
santi
CuiHanLuan
sachmet
KangNaMi
Hazy
daesungvip
queenbee
ForceMajeure
SuperJunior
akemi_cho
blissreverie
EW its SNSD Dx
Alex_Peterson
super_jessy
lirujoong
ZZZDevil
jjooannyyy
makino
sandy32000
wickedfairy
amano_makoto
sweet.station
stand
curiousgirl
Labakittie
standbyme
serenade_me_jazz2
bigbangislove
PandaPanda
STAND up
ai_sumairu
ilovecakes
CrowdedHell
sapphirever
XxZLY_CSJHxX
jaejae19
~wOonDerLoOve~
taiyou_no_namida
Tuyetienhi
JaeRi
Mizuki
ice-cream
pinkrebel18
izzybellboo
49 posters

A Disgrace to Females - A rather feminist article

wickedfairy
    wickedfairy
    Super Anti

Number of posts : 322
    Warning :
    A Disgrace to Females - A rather feminist article - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 100 / 10A Disgrace to Females - A rather feminist article - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-07

A Disgrace to Females - A rather feminist article - Page 2 Empty Re: A Disgrace to Females - A rather feminist article

Post by wickedfairy Mon 18 May 2009, 9:21 am

OMG I AGREE WITH YOU!
    Such beautiful article T_T You totally speaks my mind.
    SNSD is the type of group that you can't really find them worth to respect to.
    Sure,their song is a hit and popular and bla bla bla and all that nonsense. But are they really representing today's girl's generation? Heck,I kill myself if I'm ever like that. The moment that they debut,they are like asking us to be like them =.= I mean even their image in their 1st album is all about being DOLLS! WE DON'T WANT TO BE LIKE DOLLS! (altho I love dolls,but I don't want to be like them!)
    Just look at them! All of them look like they just gone out from plastic surgery and their bodies. omg. stick skinny,i tell you. NOT ALL OF US ARE LIKE THAT. SM is trying to say "this is how girls should look like". LIKE WTH. That is so low. Human being comes in diff shape and size but just look at those bitches. THEY LOOK PLASTIC!
    sandy32000

Number of posts : 6
    Warning :
    A Disgrace to Females - A rather feminist article - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 100 / 10A Disgrace to Females - A rather feminist article - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-04-21

A Disgrace to Females - A rather feminist article - Page 2 Empty Re: A Disgrace to Females - A rather feminist article

Post by sandy32000 Mon 18 May 2009, 11:35 am

[quote="curiousgirl"] -Post Edited-quote]

.....Typical Soshi, comparing SNSD to Wonder Girls.I am sure you are a member of anti WG forum or something,go there and leave us in peace. Suspect

I totally get the article, i have been fans of girl bands from everywhere, and whenever i see them, i feel that i want to be as sophisticated, mature and cool or maybe cute like them.

SNSD .....I did not aspire to be like them. Nor do i want to!!
    makino
    Official Anti

Number of posts : 163
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-10-22

Post by makino Tue 19 May 2009, 3:50 am

i agree with what is written in your post!

the name of the group already is a disgrace to the female population. who is it to say that nine girls represent females? i have always wondered why the company will come up with such a lame name. if every girl is like that, females will always be looked down by men.
    jjooannyyy
    jjooannyyy
    Anti

Female Number of posts : 77
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-05-13

Post by jjooannyyy Tue 26 May 2009, 8:30 am

Beautifully written!! At first i was still okay with them, until i heard more and more of the bad things they did~ tut tut~
    ZZZDevil
    ZZZDevil
    Official Anti

Number of posts : 196
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-05-21

Post by ZZZDevil Mon 08 Jun 2009, 6:23 am

That's it izzybellboo!!! U tell everything what I want to say...Good job...Nicely written!!! If I don't have respect on the artists, I don't bother listening to their songs as well...I hate when I saw those 9 girls singing and dancing like bitches on stage and proudly saying that they're representing us....NO WAY!!! I don't want to be like them anyway... Mad
    lirujoong
    lirujoong
    Super Anti

Female Number of posts : 316
    Warning :
    A Disgrace to Females - A rather feminist article - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1 / 101 / 10A Disgrace to Females - A rather feminist article - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-05-08

Post by lirujoong Mon 08 Jun 2009, 6:43 am

You got it all right!
    I can say for american antis we're kind of done with the whole sexy-slutty fantasty crap and we don't want to see anymore simply because that's what the majority is in the US. The reason why we love K-pop is because it's refreshing, new, and it holds girls in a whole nother light. But now SNSD comes in trying to do just exactly what US artists have been doing.
    We don't want to see it!!! And girls who are fans of SNSD probably think it's cute because no other groups are trying to copy the US, and think it's sexy that they're flaunting everything instad of being conservative.
    (U kno many american if not all guys around the age of 14 to whenever they get married are hormonal boys who wants to see something!)
    The people who like them are perverts who have no respect for the women morality and obviously don't understand the meaning of Girl's Generation
    super_jessy
    super_jessy
    Sexy Anti

Female Number of posts : 731
    Warning :
    A Disgrace to Females - A rather feminist article - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1 / 101 / 10A Disgrace to Females - A rather feminist article - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-05-20

Post by super_jessy Mon 08 Jun 2009, 12:37 pm

I agree with you.
    They over did the cute image,
    yet they still replay the same concept.
    It gets tiring and they're not trying anything new.
    Look at every other group, WG most specifically.
    They are another [more] successful girl group atm,
    but look at how many concept they had?
    Retro [Tell Me]
    Classic/Diva [Nobody]
    School girl, but not really cute [Irony]
    Sexy [So Hot]
    And SNSD have had...
    Cute [Gee]
    Cute [Kissing You]
    Cute [Girls' Generation]
    Repetitive, much?
    Alex_Peterson
    Alex_Peterson
    Official Anti

Female Number of posts : 114
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-02

Post by Alex_Peterson Mon 08 Jun 2009, 4:42 pm

super_jessy wrote:I agree with you.
    They over did the cute image,
    yet they still replay the same concept.
    It gets tiring and they're not trying anything new.
    Look at every other group, WG most specifically.
    They are another [more] successful girl group atm,
    but look at how many concept they had?
    Retro [Tell Me]
    Classic/Diva [Nobody]
    School girl, but not really cute [Irony]
    Sexy [So Hot]
    And SNSD have had...
    Cute [Gee]
    Cute [Kissing You]
    Cute [Girls' Generation]
    Repetitive, much?

SUPER article! :D
    as though read my mind!
    EW its SNSD Dx
    EW its SNSD Dx
    Official Anti

Female Number of posts : 206
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-25

Post by EW its SNSD Dx Sat 04 Jul 2009, 2:23 am

Becoming a STAND member was a very important decision to make.

As a girl, and a newcomer to SNSD, I was all ready to defend them. I wondered to myself, "How can they be hated so much? ANTI-fans? There is such a thing? Feh, they must all be jealous!".

I never thought I could be anti.

omfg same here ):<
    I was a neutral at first actually...i was bored and i just decided to sign up here. STAND converted me to an anti(:
    I freaking realized that these girls are big, stupid, untalented jerks xDD
    blissreverie
    Beginner Anti

Female Number of posts : 32
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-11

Post by blissreverie Tue 11 Aug 2009, 5:54 pm

But they overdid it so much, overdoing the concept of 'Girl'.
    To the point where it is absolutely sickening.

I absolutely agree. But then again, it's SNSD. It's probably their own concept *cough
    akemi_cho
    akemi_cho
    Anti

Female Number of posts : 65
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-10-11

Post by akemi_cho Mon 17 Aug 2009, 4:13 pm

I just read this right now ... and what you said was straight to the point and very percise ( i think thats how you spell it?) Bravo!

STAND UNITE Surprise
    SuperJunior
    SuperJunior
    Official Anti

Female Number of posts : 285
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-07-24

Post by SuperJunior Fri 21 Aug 2009, 12:06 am

Well there are many replys with long paragraphs so I shall keep it short

GOOD JOB
    THAT'S WHAT I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO HERE
    AND I'M MORE OF A GUY THAN A GIRL
    and they DISGUST ME
    and that's OUR GENERATIOn????
    Let's hope not
    ForceMajeure

Number of posts : 2
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-09

Post by ForceMajeure Wed 09 Sep 2009, 11:11 am

I agree with what she has posted. Before I continue with my post, may I say that I am perfectly neutral to the view of the existence of SNSD. I only observe what goes on both sides of the Berlin Wall.

This.. Girls Generation phenomenon struck my country very recently and I decided to listen to their music. Not too bad at first; catchy and addictive. I thought maybe I could find out more information about this group. I myself have done some "reconnaissance" on the fans of Girl's Generation by having an account with them; though now I can safely say that in their forum; or rather soshified.com, the content of their talks are absolutely horrid and degrading. Bear with me as I release this report.

As I peered into the front menu of this "illustrious" webpage, I noticed their motto of "supporting the girls in every way possible". I thought, hmm.. Seems like this group has a very dedicated and loyal fanbase, and pondered to that. To my disgust, as I entered the forum subsections for each of the girls, I see thread headings such as "Yuri and her Butt", "YoonA's Marshmallows".

Excuse me?

Note: I am a straight guy. I am attracted towards girls. But I have a sense of civility and moral ethics of which obviously none of these fans have.

I start to realize how wrong my perception was. This fanbase was absolutely obsessed with the external appearance of these 9 women! I was also quite annoyed when I posted a new thread in the discussion section. Where it was included that "talk about anything under the sun". I also looked at the forum rules carefully in order not to violate any rules which might cause a hasty deletion. My title was "Discussion on Fan/Anti-fan issues"

It was a very open-minded discussion on why anti-fans exist. I wrote that perhaps there was a side of the Girls Generation that the anti-fans did not see and that hopefully misconceptions could be cleared up. I also stated that I wasnt an anti and I was simply very curious as to who these 9 girls really were. Have they done any altruistic deeds? Were there captures of them off-camera that they actually had kindness and warmth portrayed? I left the post there and logged off.

Note again: I was new to this whole SNSD affair. Don't flame me.

30 minutes later, I logged back on. Instead of an intellectual answer. I received a vague reply:

Those antis know nothing
    they dont know the truth

Huh? This doesnt answer my question? If there was hidden truth, couldnt you have at least explained to me? So i asked if he could. Apparently this honest question was deleted 2 minutes after the 3rd post by a moderator describing it as "A sensitive matter that should not be put in the forums, topics of hate against the girls are not encouraged blablabla".

What?!!? What sensitive matter, what hate? I'm posting a thread for a "DISCUSSION" section to ask SNSD fans for their feedback on why the girls are such nice and good people!

I will continue to pry into the fans to see if they can even give one good reason why they support the girls besides simply fawning over their looks; which I find extremely shallow and disparaging to the image of the female.

All in All, I am still neutral. I have no hatred towards the Girl's Generation- they are just doing their jobs that they have trained for 7-8 years and had been thrust into a big mistake; however, the fans of this group really warrants utter disgust. The psychology of these "hardcore" fans that know nothing of the girls except their body measurements really is... disconcerting.

Well, this has been my report. In conclusion, I have a few suggestions.

1. Girls Generation must change their image. If not, they should consider parting ways. Too much violent and radical behaviour has spawned as a result.

2. The Soshi fans should consider classes in Ethics/Moral Integrity as well as a complete vasectomy (for male) or anti-hallucinatory drugs.
    queenbee
    queenbee
    Admin
    Admin

Female Number of posts : 2166
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-03

Post by queenbee Wed 09 Sep 2009, 11:27 am

@ForceMajeure:

First, welcome to STAND.

Second, we actually discourage STAND-ers from going to Soshified.com as well as spying on them. One, there is no point to it as it is an SNSD fansite, and two, there are more productive ways for us (as antis) to exert our effort in ridding the kpop world of SNSD.

I understand your predicament, having a stand as a neutral, as most of us STANDers here started also as being neutral. So most of us have also experienced the efforts of delusional Sones trying to cover up anything "bad" or "misleading" about SNSD. By bad and misleading, I mean just the mere mention of "Why are they hated" brings about legions of Sones on your back screaming "HATER!"

Also, having been around the kpop scene for some time, we already are aware of Sones' bad reputation and their lack of morality and decency.

But that is us. So, feel free to look around the forum while you search for your answers regarding SNSD and their fans. Most of which you can find here in the SNSD Anti Fan Articles Section and Editorial Section. No need to give us a blow by blow account of what is happening in Sones' pink, delusional world.

I hope to see you more around the forum.
    ForceMajeure

Number of posts : 2
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-09

Post by ForceMajeure Wed 09 Sep 2009, 9:41 pm

Noted. However I would like to declare that I'm not spying per se, I simply had an account with them and observed a few disturbing things and describing to you what i've seen.
    daesungvip
    daesungvip
    Super Anti

Female Number of posts : 479
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-09-14

Post by daesungvip Thu 10 Sep 2009, 2:58 pm

agreed with you completely.

Edited, off-topic
    Hazy
    Anti

Number of posts : 67
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-09-13

Post by Hazy Thu 10 Sep 2009, 9:29 pm

This thread should be pint.

Edited, off-topic
    izzybellboo
    izzybellboo
    Sexy Anti

Female Number of posts : 733
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-11-30

Post by izzybellboo Fri 11 Sep 2009, 11:22 pm

Well, this has been my report. In conclusion, I have a few suggestions.

1. Girls Generation must change their image. If not, they should consider parting ways. Too much violent and radical behaviour has spawned as a result.

2. The Soshi fans should consider classes in Ethics/Moral Integrity as well as a complete vasectomy (for male) or anti-hallucinatory drugs.

Before I reply, Welcome to the STAND forum! I hope you can find your own resolution regarding your opinion of SNSD, from whatever side you choose.

I want to discuss your two suggestions, which are actually extremely logical suggestions, but... It's easier said than done.
    The problem lies mainly with South Korean culture, much as I hate to say it, but in Korea, it is very much gender-empowered. I know some Korean guys, and I've seen their Korean girlfriends walk behind them.

They want girls that are submissive, and will stay at home and look after the babies, cook, clean, and be a good wife. I've seen plenty of Korean mothers in my international school to understand that.

That's why the whole "girl power" image is pretty much an overstatement of SNSD's image. What they really are conveying is weakness.
    And all their songs pretty much ask boys "Come and get me, I'm here for you".
    Like their latest "catchy, hit song", Genie, which I was frankly disgusted with (ESPECIALLY the music video which is filmed as if from a guy's view, and being led by the SNSD members to do various activities like a pillow fight on a bed. It was like child porn)

Now while every female group in Korea might be selling the same image of the ideal, damsels in distress that exist to become physical fantasies for men... The reason why it matters so much for us STAND members on SNSD is that they are marketed and titled as the "Girls Generation". They've even become pin-up girls for Tourism, so pretty much, they want to represent the women of Asia.

Asian women, in a stereotypical view, are already assumed to be weak and submissive. SNSD doesn't exactly help.

Also, the SNSD girls are pretty much in their 20's. I understand that it's their career to prance on the stage and make the boys wild, but honestly, at my age, and I'm younger than them by a few years, I'm concentrating on being a modest girl with good grades so I can go to college and get a high-paying job in a working class society.

As a girl, they just don't relate to me. Even though they're supposed to be the "ultimate girlband".

Now I'm getting carried away with my side of this, to the point I've missed the mark on responding to your suggestions.

All in all, I'm afraid that they imply won't be able to change their image.
    They've done variations of course. When they first debuted, they were supposed to be "cute".
    Now, with their new songs and concept, their image, as claimed by their fanatical fanbase, has supposingly evolved to "sexy".

When I think about Beyonce, CSJH The Grace, and Shakira, then I look at SNSD's so-called "sexy" image, I think that SNSD aren't exactly hitting the nail on the head with this one.

It's the same thing. Scripted to the point of being painful (maybe not to their fans' view, but I don't see grown women acting like that in general), and with prepared poses, adding in a wink here and there. All that's changed is that they've one from wearing mini skirts and school uniforms, to pin-up navy girl uniforms with micro-shorts.
    How that's flattering, I don't even know.

They still appear to be little kids playing dress up.

What would really suit for an image change, would be if they just, sincerely grew up.

Thank you.
    izzybellboo
    izzybellboo
    Sexy Anti

Female Number of posts : 733
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-11-30

Post by izzybellboo Fri 11 Sep 2009, 11:34 pm

ForceMajeure wrote:
    I start to realize how wrong my perception was. This fanbase was absolutely obsessed with the external appearance of these 9 women!

One more thing to add about South Korean culture.

It's quite superficial... There are a lot of talk shows I've watched on Korean TV where the actresses that come on, and female talk hosts discuss all sorts of methods to look pretty.

It's no doubt, that plastic surgery is quite widely accepetd too. Getting your eyelid surgery is as common as trimming your eyebrows. I actually know some friends that have gone and gotten slight enhancements through plastic surgery on their faces, and talked about it casually, as if they were getting their nails done in a sallon.

So that's why it's only natural that SNSD's fans will be obsessed with the "perfect" looks of SNSD.
    While SNSD's plastic surgery has been widely speculated, the fans will obviously still love whatever the end result came out of nip/tuck.

And the SNSD girls clearly are very image-conscious. On every show, when asked about their "charm" or "appeal", they will always answer with something related to their physical features.

I wouldn't be surprised if more than half of the Korean female singers I admire, have gotten some form of plastic surgery. But I can afford to overlook it because what matters is their talent and passion for music.

But if their selling point and marketing appeal is constantly reminding everyone that they've had the best plastic surgery in South Korea, then what's the point in getting 7-8 years of training in order to sing well? (In my opinion, anyone can sing with training. it's a matter of passion and appreciation for music that makes a GOOD singer)

I hope my explanation of South Korea's entertainment culture doesn't turn you off from KPop. We all got into it in the first place because of something we admire and love about South Korea. They really do have passionate singers.

But from my observations, SNSD are NOT.
    KangNaMi
    KangNaMi
    Sexy Anti

Female Number of posts : 529
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Post by KangNaMi Sun 04 Oct 2009, 11:34 pm

Great article..
    I hate the fact that they are representing our generation..
    I am not like that..
    I think CSJH, WG and 2NE1 are more suitable than those 9 plastics.. helpless
    sachmet
    sachmet
    Anti

Female Number of posts : 45
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-04-29

Post by sachmet Sun 17 Jan 2010, 5:38 am

i really loved this article. That is one of the main things why I dislike SNSD. It's because they don't seem real. Girls love girls who are strong, independent, those who doesn't use their looks to gain favors. We need REAL girls who are feminine in their own way, REAL entertainers who are known not for their looks but their talent. Some girl groups have a large number of girl fanbase because I agree with you, they can be role models for us. I just watched this show "We got married" and personally my favorite is Hwang Bo. She's pretty tomboyish but she's a girl and all girls are feminine in their own way. This is why I don't think there is need to try so hard and act so feminine. She's real and honest that is why a lot of girls and boys adore her.

Looks are things we could get bored or sick of... Yeah she's pretty... and then what?

But then, they're also not 100% to blame. It's also because of their company who instructs them to be this way. I kinda pity them though. Getting a lot of antis plus with all these issues of SM artists not getting enough pay.

I have to admit, some of them are talented. Like Hyo yeon for her dancing skills. It's a pity they rarely showcase this talent though. Jessica and Tiffany have pretty decent singing skills as well. But even with this talent, they seem to be more recognized for their looks. I seems to be intentional that they are made to be recognized for their looks.

Sure, they're not all bad when it comes to talents. But somehow, I couldn't really put them as real entertainers because they can't get my full respect. Honestly, if I become a member of SNSD, I would feel guilty acting like they do. It's sickening how some of them seem to enjoy it.
    CuiHanLuan
    CuiHanLuan
    Anti

Female Number of posts : 76
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-16

Post by CuiHanLuan Sat 30 Jan 2010, 8:02 am

I sooo Agree with you.. Everything's CORRECT..

They shouldn't be called "GIRLS GENERATION"..because NOT ALL GIRLS are like that.. Maybe only them and all of their Yucky Fan-Girls..
    The thing for our LOYALTY to our Idols^^ is that we see their whole selves, the way they live life and do good deeds..Its not actually based on how they look, its how they approach fans.. that's the thing..thats why we ,STAND are soo much wiser than those InSanes because we see whats right and wrong.. InSanes just couldnt accept the fact that WHAT WE'RE SAYING IS TRUE !!
    santi
    santi
    Official Anti

Female Number of posts : 155
    Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Post by santi Mon 08 Feb 2010, 6:15 am

the point is they give girls a bad name...
    leeyejin
    Anti

Number of posts : 46
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-04

Post by leeyejin Sun 21 Mar 2010, 12:54 pm

Damn, girl, WORD. They're trying to reverse this image through "Run Devil Run," but HOW? By wearing freaking midriff-revealing clothes, touching their butts in their dance, and wearing skirts that are two inches long. How the hell does that make them dignified? They're totally failing the "strong woman" concept ('cus the song is all about getting revenge on guys), so what are they wearing those clothes for? To lure them back? How low can they get...

I think REAL men (not stupid, disrespectful Soshi fanboys) would definitely run after seeing their performance. Razz
    cassio_fia
    cassio_fia
    Official Anti

Female Number of posts : 241
    Location : DBSK's apartement, inside Jaejoong's heart, mind and soul
    Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-03

Post by cassio_fia Sat 27 Mar 2010, 8:29 pm

I LOVE THE ARTICLE!! I love you

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 3:19 am