The First International Anti-SNSD Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+45
leeyejin
santi
CuiHanLuan
sachmet
KangNaMi
Hazy
daesungvip
queenbee
ForceMajeure
SuperJunior
akemi_cho
blissreverie
EW its SNSD Dx
Alex_Peterson
super_jessy
lirujoong
ZZZDevil
jjooannyyy
makino
sandy32000
wickedfairy
amano_makoto
sweet.station
stand
curiousgirl
Labakittie
standbyme
serenade_me_jazz2
bigbangislove
PandaPanda
STAND up
ai_sumairu
ilovecakes
CrowdedHell
sapphirever
XxZLY_CSJHxX
jaejae19
~wOonDerLoOve~
taiyou_no_namida
Tuyetienhi
JaeRi
Mizuki
ice-cream
pinkrebel18
izzybellboo
49 posters

A Disgrace to Females - A rather feminist article

izzybellboo
    izzybellboo
    Sexy Anti

Female Number of posts : 733
    Warning :
    A Disgrace to Females - A rather feminist article Left_bar_bleue0 / 100 / 10A Disgrace to Females - A rather feminist article Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-30

A Disgrace to Females - A rather feminist article Empty A Disgrace to Females - A rather feminist article

Post by izzybellboo Tue 14 Apr 2009, 8:21 pm

**Note: I keep adding more and more to this article. Just when i think I'm done saying everything I need to say, more pops in my head, so please don't mind if there are changes when you refresh or something...**

When i was a little girl, I went through a phase where I was an extreme feminist.
    Boybands meant little to nothing for me -- that was my brother's fandom. Our viewpoints clashed constantly, with our fighting over control of the CD player during family drives.

For him, it was N*SYNC and the Backstreet Boys.
    For me, it was Britney Spears and the Spice Girls.
    (This was back in the day in Britney's innocent phase, with "Baby One More Time" and i was not aware of KPop or Asian music in general).

In this time period of my life, it was "Girl Power!" all the way for me.

I wanted to be Britney. I wanted to sing and dance like her. I proudly claimed her as my role model. I thought "as a girl, this is the ultimate type of woman I should become. She represents us!"

And now...

The KPop universe at this moment is strongly dominated by guys.
    Come to think of it, there will always be a larger population of women than men, scientifically proven.

Even with the popularity of the back-then girl groups like F.I.N.kl and S.E.S, male groups have always played a strictly larger role in the KPop industry and the entertainment industry.

As a teen and as part of that mass audience that they target, I myself am drawn to these (I wouldn't be here otherwise).

But there will always remain this part of me that appreciates the female contributors to this entertainment industry.
    "Girl Power!", right?

Our society is changing, especially within the fanclub realm of S.Korea's entertainment culture. The concept of 'fans' has evolved to the point where fangirls are pointed out as 'Boy-worshipping, fat, ugly girls, that scream and b*tch on each other but will never be able to marry their beloved idols'.

Well, it holds true, that as fans of our idols, we will protect them and stand up for them, same as how we will get angry at those that insult them, whether we be Cassiopeia, V.I.P, ELF, Triple S, etc.

But here's one thing our enemies must remember.

We are GIRLS.

Girls do not just scream and b*tch on each other.
    Any of you girls here with me will agree, we stick with our gal buddies like glue. We freaking love them. We have our "Girls rule, and boys drool" moments, or my childhood favorite "Boys come from Jupiter because they're stupider".

And here comes to the main focus of my article at last.

You'd think that with a name like "Girls' Generation", they'd be getting some respect from the females.

After all, it's a group made to represent OUR generation. "OUR", meaning, the GIRLS, right? You can't correct me, when it does say "GIRLS' GENERATION" in pretty pink -- a color associated with girls.

But the name itself is a lie.

Becoming a STAND member was a very important decision to make.

As a girl, and a newcomer to SNSD, I was all ready to defend them. I wondered to myself, "How can they be hated so much? ANTI-fans? There is such a thing? Feh, they must all be jealous!".

I never thought I could be anti.

Amongst my friends, I am a very strong feminist.
    Over time, I've grown from the Britney era, and my fandoms have gravitated towards boybands, but as a girl, I like to embrace the fact that I am indeed female, and these boybands and things are indeed directed towards us pretty much.

When i first saw SNSD, I thought "Oh, it's cute! A cute song!".
    But then gradually...
    "Isn't this a little too much?"

And then.
    "Who are they kidding?"

They kill the cute concept too much.

Now as a girl, i LOVE cute things. I can honestly say that all girls like cute things somewhat. What the heck, even my personal xanga is pretty in pink, with a white bunny at the top!!!!

But they overdid it so much, overdoing the concept of 'Girl'.
    To the point where it is absolutely sickening.

Even I wouldn't go for the white bunnies and pink fluffy things to THAT extent.

We don't freaking ACT like that. We are not that transparent to men.

Once again, I would like to emphasize;
    "GIRLS' Generation"... BUT....

But clearly, from their large fanbase of old perverted men and sick, rowdy boys, this is clearly something for the guys. What's in it for the girls?

I, as a girl, am all in it for female artists.
    I respect girl singers with power, professionalism, performance, enthusiasm, style, and vocal prowess.

That's why even Wonder Girls can have a significant number of female fans. Why? It's simple. They work as a group, and are appealing -- like their catchy dances, and the way they generally carry themselves out. It's something I can catch on to. I want to be like them. They are strong, feminine, and know how to use that.

But for SNSD....

Why would I want to be like them? Seriously?!!!!

Watching their music videos, TV appearances and performances make me sick with rage!
    Think about it like a normal human being. Do we honestly carry ourselves out this way?

"I'm so pretty. I'm so cute. I'm so honest."

What in the world?

It has already been made clear, this was a group made for men to worship.
    The concept of their name itself is a conspiracy.

Females used to exploit themselves to the fantasy of men? They are obviously not targeting the girls.

Ask yourself, why would you want to be like them? I don't see myself kicking up my legs in the air, making goofy faces and exaggerated poses with lolipops and my mid-riffs showing, that I KNOW will give the guys something happy to think about.

The way they throw about themselves is degrading to women in the first place! THEY are degrading to our society!
    When they say that they are a group made to represent OUR generation, I can only feel ashamed.

No, this is not what OUR generation of WOMEN is meant to be.

And here's another thing.

Not all girls are pretty. But I can honestly say, that every single girl has had the thought of wanting to be pretty.
    Physical beauty is not an issue. it's always the inside that counts, but like I said, STILL, it has a major impact.

There is that song "Pretty Girl" by KARA, that I honestly found very inspiring, way more than "Way to go!" by SNSD.
    The lyrics themselves are clearly for the girls, and that's something I could respect, and sing with abandon, because it's something that goes for all of us.

No matter what good songwriters SNSD will have (Gee IS a catchy song, and addictive, melody-wise, but my hatred for SNSD has expanded to the point where even I can't bear to keep the volume unmuted), they will never be able to deliver anything that will gain my respect.

There are crazed, delusional fanboys out there, that will bash on us fangirls, calling us 'jealous of their looks and figures'. That we will 'never look like them'. That we are sad because we can't be pretty like them'.

I am also completely sick of looking at Sone comments on SNSD-related articles, and all I hear is talk about their physical appearance or how 'cute' they are.

"Yoona is so beautiful, she's so slender..." "Yuri is gorgeous..."

I am not jealous. Seriously, that excuse is used too much, and is completely lame. =.=
    God. Get a clue, you insanes.

Do they exist to be praised for their looks? Girls hate girls that sell their bodies like that! If Yoona's main selling point is her appearance, then what's the point of giving her a mic and having her sing, when she is talentless in performances anyway?

And do they honestly expect girls to sit down and look at pictures of SNSD, and fangirl about how 'pretty' they look?
    That's just scary. (So what's in it for the GIRLS then hmmm? Like I said?)

We're jealous about their appearance? Puhleasse.
    That is not the issue here.

We want girls that we can respect. Girls humble about themselves. Girls that extend a hand to their side and are able to lead that side -- us GIRLS.

Maybe it's just how they're managed, and they're told to act like that.
    But true personalities can always shine through, right? Unless you can 'fake your way to the top'.

They just don't speak to me, as a girl. It just doesn't come through. I'm not convinced.

Knowing who SNSD are and what they are like... once again, I must ask:

WHY WOULD WE WANT TO BE LIKE THEM?

We don't need girls singing about how pretty they are, and asking all the boys to love love love them.

It's been proven. Girls do not just worship boys. Girls will always support girls too, hence I say it's been proven, by the popularity of Wonder Girls, and of course, I always have had respect for BoA.
    There are girls that respect Lee Hyori and KARA. There are girls that respect CSJH the Grace and Zhang Li Yin.

Heck, I even like Gahee from After School, even with her being 'my beloved Chunnie's' ex girlfriend. Even though AS aren't as interesting to me as WG, and to be honest, I'm not too into the 'school concept',
    I find her cool! She's COOL!!!!!!!!! I liked her the moment I saw her, and I'm a freaking GIRL!!!!!!!!!! She's also undeniably beautiful!

Even if SNSD have catchy songs and girls sing and dance to them, will they RESPECT SNSD?
    Is there ANYTHING that they've contributed towards the image of women that is worth RESPECTING them about?

I say to all girls right here and right now;

If you worship SNSD, you are not a girl. You are a disgrace.

And for the record, Britney will still have girl fans, even with her image. Why? Because she's BRITNEY for goodness sake. From the American entertainment industry.

But SNSD, what are YOU?

PS: I blame SNSD for creating such monsters out of boys. I've never seen such a sickening fanbase that existed, until Soshis stepped in and started terrorizing KPop fandom.

Boys used to be respectful.
    And SNSD is to blame. Seriously.

**I'm sorry if this article jumps around a bit. I should have planned it out more, but this just couldn't wait.
    I'm sorry if I don't get my points across clearly too....**

On a random note,
    GIRL POWER!
    pinkrebel18
    pinkrebel18
    Sexy Anti

Female Number of posts : 563
    Warning :
    A Disgrace to Females - A rather feminist article Left_bar_bleue0 / 100 / 10A Disgrace to Females - A rather feminist article Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-05

A Disgrace to Females - A rather feminist article Empty Re: A Disgrace to Females - A rather feminist article

Post by pinkrebel18 Tue 14 Apr 2009, 9:37 pm

nice job. I'm on the same phase as you when I was in 5th grade I'm so into Spice Girls, TLC, & loads of Girl Power Girl Bands. I don't even dare to listen to any Boybands because for me It's Girl Power now at the time. & then here comes 6th grade where I started listening to the newly debuted SES & for me they are like the Korean Version of Spice Girls. I was really proud to have been a part of that year's Girl's Generation, because they were really a much much better role models compared to now Girl's Generation shiitdae. I don't even wanna be a girl anymore because of how their representing the girl's of our time. I would only want to be a full grown woman & CSJH, Boa, Zhang Liyin & 2NE1 would be my ultimate role models cause their much much better person in comparison with shiitdae.

& I would choose Wonder Girls, & Kara to be the perfect role model of my nieces ages 13-18. & I'm so lucky cause they never attempt to listen/idolize shiitdae. except for that one niece of mine who's a lunatic insane made to be with the plastics.

" I'm a feminist. a woman. & a girl ! & shiitdae will never ever be a part of my ages girl's generation

Last edited by pinkrebel18 on Wed 15 Apr 2009, 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ice-cream
    Beginner Anti

Female Number of posts : 28
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-24

A Disgrace to Females - A rather feminist article Empty Re: A Disgrace to Females - A rather feminist article

Post by ice-cream Wed 15 Apr 2009, 1:52 am

Very well written..I was once a huge fan of theirs too,just like you..

I say it's been proven, by the popularity of Wonder Girls, and of course, I always have had respect for BoA.
    There are girls that respect Lee Hyori and KARA. There are girls that respect CSJH the Grace and Zhang Li Yin.

GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE!!:)
    Mizuki
    Mizuki
    Awesome Anti

Female Number of posts : 1185
    Warning :
    A Disgrace to Females - A rather feminist article Left_bar_bleue1 / 101 / 10A Disgrace to Females - A rather feminist article Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-12-17

Post by Mizuki Wed 15 Apr 2009, 8:52 am

:] Love the article, darling. <3

Because SNSD represents Girls' Generation, I'm disappointed to know that they are role models for many females, especially the young girls. Hello, I'm around the same age as most of the members of SNSD, yet they act like a bunch of toddlers... always nagging, bragging, seeking attention, etc etc! I always wonder why in the fLucking world would SME represent Asian females through SNSD, especially wanting them here in the U.S. It's so embarassing for me to walk around and know that such a group represents ME.
    JaeRi
    JaeRi
    Anti

Female Number of posts : 55
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-10-09

Post by JaeRi Wed 15 Apr 2009, 11:56 am

Love This :D
    Calling them Girl's Generation when they can't act like role models is just blah....insanes tell me that i disrespect my elders....i can't would never disrespect my elders but how can i call "them" my elders when they can respect theirs?? My mother always told to respect people who are respectful to you and to others. I live on that. So how can you insanes tell me to respect them when they can't respect me or others? i laugh every time they tell me i disrespect my elders....can't you insanes tell that to your girls too?
    Girls look up more at Female singers...For instant...KARA has more female fans than boys.....well guess what? snsd has more guy fans than girls when i first heard about them...By the time I didn't know anything about WG nor CSJH..(i was all interested in KARA).but i can tell by just looking at them they are good role models...seeing snsd for the first time by watching their performance i thought to myself that these girls need to cover that..no one wants to see that...not girls..sure they can dance but can't they sing as well? what talents they have...Cool ...but because i had no interest in them i ignore them but yes all those stuff being said about them and their fans cause me to end up in here...
    Tuyetienhi
    Beginner Anti

Number of posts : 20
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-16

Post by Tuyetienhi Wed 15 Apr 2009, 3:01 pm

I got into Kpop a couple of years ago and I have to say anyone with the classy mature concept represents our girls generation better then SNSD. I hate that they are not owning up to the title they got as a group. No thank you. I do not want them representing the new girls generations.

I am a fan of many girls group in korea right now cuz they got those classy and mature looks and they rarely get negative publicity. SNSD on the other hand got loads of negative publicity since their debut.
    taiyou_no_namida
    taiyou_no_namida
    Official Anti

Number of posts : 213
    Warning :
    A Disgrace to Females - A rather feminist article Left_bar_bleue5 / 105 / 10A Disgrace to Females - A rather feminist article Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-13

Post by taiyou_no_namida Thu 16 Apr 2009, 4:14 pm

I agree. I identify with you.

As much as I love DBSK and I loved them first--the first time I laid eyes on CSJH The Grace I was stunned. They were every bit as mind-blowing and gorgeous as DBSK. And the more I got into and learned about both groups the more I loved them. My respect for them is off the charts.

It's no coincidence that good girl bands/female artists have more female fans than male ones. It's because we recognize something in them that we admire and want to follow.

And like you I never thought I'd be and Anti-fan either. lol
    But this has gone too far and I had to take a STAND (no pun intended^^)

Love your article! Keep up the good work!

I only wish insanes and other deluded people would have more open minds to read it.

Last edited by taiyou_no_namida on Thu 16 Apr 2009, 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : *too)
    ~wOonDerLoOve~
    ~wOonDerLoOve~
    Official Anti

Female Number of posts : 142
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-12

Post by ~wOonDerLoOve~ Fri 17 Apr 2009, 1:44 am

Such a great article. Very well written.
    Yes, their image should be "girl power" that's why they are named "girls' generation."
    But what do we get? Disgraceful girls acting cutesy to the extent that it's sickening to look at.

Instead of targeting females for being role models for them, they target perverted ahjusshis and rowdy fanboys and they don't even care whether they are being fantasized for their bodies and never respected for their talent or whatsoever.

I freaking love Wonder Girls, CSJH, After School, Kara, BoA, Lee Hyori, and an addition is 2NE1 because even though they have concepts such as sexy, cute, hot, etc.. they are still respected because they scream girl power at it's fullest. They strive hard for each performance, for each album and they earn respect from boys and girls alike.

Even though Lee Hyori is considered a sex symbol, she's still respected. Why? Because she knows that's just her concept. She's sexy but she's still respected. Having an empowered song such as "U-Go-Girl" is empowering to us females.

For me, the REAL girls that represents our generation would be the artists that i mentioned above. Especially CSJH, After School, and KARA. Look, KARA is cutesy too, but they're still respected. Because they don't do it to such an extent and they know the age group where they belong.

CSJH and After School has a sexy, mature concept but at the same time being classy and respected. Not like GG who does nothing but waving lollipops in the air and wear bare midriffs and belly button shirts. No wonder they aren't respected.

I wish insanes and delusionals and bonerifics would come to their senses.

PS: i still freaking love Britney. She's slowly recovering and I think that's girl power at it's best. Brit had many controversies, many highly-publicized problems and such, but she's recovering, she's more better than before. She fell once, maybe twice, but she knows she can STAND UP once again and face her problems. GIRL POWER!
    jaejae19
    jaejae19
    Graphic Artists
    Graphic Artists

Number of posts : 1569
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-11

Post by jaejae19 Fri 17 Apr 2009, 5:35 am

If Yoona's main selling point is her appearance, then what's the point of giving her a mic and having her sing, when she is talentless in performances anyway?

I so agree dear.

I've always wondered how they can stand representing out generation when they do nothing that can represent what we can and are doing...

Do they exist to be praised for their looks?

I think that's all they exist for --LOOKS. If they think they can represent our generation by JUST LOOKING GOOD, they're dead wrong. We're not all just about looks... we're about enjoying life, while respecting our femininity in our quest for love and friendship.

LET THERE BE TRUE REPRESENTATION OF GIRLS' GENERATION! DISBAND SO NYUH SHI DAE!!
    XxZLY_CSJHxX
    XxZLY_CSJHxX
    Official Anti

Female Number of posts : 258
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-04-07

Post by XxZLY_CSJHxX Fri 17 Apr 2009, 7:22 am

Girl! I love your article!
    I agree with everything you said!

Back in the Dreamconcert days i was neutral to SNSD.
    Even when those fanboys did all those horrible things and SNSD did NOTHING about it afterwards, i was neutral. I just hated those boys.
    Even when they continued to taint the name of sonyeo's from all over the world, i was neutral.
    Then they came back with Gee. I gave them a honest change, but still i was neutral. The song wasn't bad, but it got annoying. And they still did their cute/trying to be sexy act.

Then all the overexposure and overly positive articles came again. I got fed up with the way they represent our generation! I was neutral for a looooong time. Watching anti & fanmade video's to get to know both sides better. But thanks to their InSane fans i got fed up and joined the most civil and intellegent anti-fanclub ever.

Their female fans continued saying "they are so pretty~! anti-fans are just jealous!". Their male fans: "I wanna do her! anti fans are just fugly bitches."
    I was getting aggrevated by their responses. Can't they see they are a bad rolemodel for girls?

Sure wondergirls show skin too and wear mini-skirts. But they wear them with class and give a strong-woman vibe. They are proud of who they are and love their fans for loving them. They always work hard to make their fans proud. They always act respectful. That's why i think they are a good idol group.

SNSD however, always uses cute acts and don't encourage girl-power. They represent us as weak things who just exsist for pleasing guys. They make being a girl so negative. We are NOT playthings, we are NOT some piece of meat.
    Another thing is the fact that they are disrespectful. We, girls, want to be treated with respect and that's why we also treat other people with respect. If people don't respect me, however, i also don't respect them. I just get out of their way and forget they exsist. THEY make it seem like all girls are disrespectful and brainless.

I, and i know many will agree, want to be a strong woman in the future. That's why i need to study hard and be proud of who i am. I need to treat people with respect and try to be a woman who can inspire people.

Many InSanes will attack KARA in response, so i'll cover KARA too:
    KARA also has a cute concept. BUT the main difference is that they DO in fact SUPPORT the girl-power theme. They also worked hard to entertain their fans and be someone who they can look up to. They also sang songs about love and stuff, but the song was sweet and any girl could see herself in those lyrics.

Counterattack by insanes will probably be: SNSD also sang those kind of songs!

Yes, they did, but their actions in the MV point straight back at the "I'm so cute/i'm sexy" issue. They don't enpower girls, they still target boys.

*sigh*
    i think my reply was a bit unclear ^^;; sorry for that. i can't find the right words...
    sapphirever
    sapphirever
    The Shy One

Female Number of posts : 12
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-04-04

Post by sapphirever Fri 17 Apr 2009, 7:32 am

omg...dat was beautiful!!!!nice job!i love when u said wg as im a big fan of dem...heh...
    CrowdedHell
    CrowdedHell
    Official Anti

Male Number of posts : 145
    Warning :
    A Disgrace to Females - A rather feminist article Left_bar_bleue1 / 101 / 10A Disgrace to Females - A rather feminist article Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-02-16

Post by CrowdedHell Sat 18 Apr 2009, 1:16 am

although i m nt a girl but i really hate it whn "that" type of "girls" represent every girl in korea [or maybe whole world]
    ilovecakes
    Beginner Anti

Female Number of posts : 23
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-09-22

Post by ilovecakes Sun 19 Apr 2009, 3:04 am

We should show this to the delusionfuls and make them understand why do we STAND against these...disgracefuls.

yeah, i'm liking AS too, they carry their image splendidly and naturally, without being fake, and it clearly shows through them. that's why even girls think that they're cool, and should be respected.

what do snsd have? well, from the beginning they're faking it all. it doesn't surprise me when their personalities doesn't shine through, because they are like that, naturally.
    ai_sumairu
    ai_sumairu
    Awesome Anti

Female Number of posts : 1427
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-11-03

Post by ai_sumairu Wed 22 Apr 2009, 8:43 am

But SNSD, what are YOU?

PS: I blame SNSD for creating such monsters out of boys. I've never seen such a sickening fanbase that existed, until Soshis stepped in and started terrorizing KPop fandom.

Boys used to be respectful.
    And SNSD is to blame. Seriously.

Couldn't have said it better, my dear. Everything you said, so true. *thumbs-up*
    STAND up

Number of posts : 1
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-02-28

Post by STAND up Wed 22 Apr 2009, 11:23 pm

I definitely agree with you! While I'm sure most of us here are into those boy bands, like TVXQ and SuJu, one of the main reasons I was interested in them was because of their humbleness, their modesty. SNSD definitely does not have either of those two. I applaud you for everything you've pointed out and said. I really couldn't have said it better myself.
    PandaPanda
    PandaPanda
    Beginner Anti

Female Number of posts : 28
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-01-17

Post by PandaPanda Fri 24 Apr 2009, 2:34 am

I agree : D

I mean yeah, I fan-girl over Super Junior, but when I see groups like the Wonder Girls, After School, KARA, CSJH, and 2NE1 + BoA , ZLY etc.etc.
    I always think to myself, 'When I'm their age, I want to be respected like they are and be able to carry myself well." Or something along those lines.

But whenever I see SNSD now I wonder why they're dressed up as little kids and like....dolls. But those expensive Japanese ones for you to, you know...*cough*.
    bigbangislove
    Awesome Anti

Female Number of posts : 1555
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-01-07

Post by bigbangislove Mon 27 Apr 2009, 5:30 pm

I agree!
    Sushirollers need to get clue, seriously!
    Jealous of them?
    Please, I fan girl over After School every 5 seconds and they're way hotter than SNSD, I think even boys would agree with that.
    And Lee Hyori, I love her!

Yet, they say I'm jealous of these 9 brats who could never hold a candle to Lee Hyori or any member of After School?

What have they been smoking?
    serenade_me_jazz2
    serenade_me_jazz2
    Anti

Female Number of posts : 66
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-04-30

Post by serenade_me_jazz2 Sat 02 May 2009, 11:22 pm

I love this!!

and I totally agree with you...
    people are saying that we're jealous about them...

I mean...wth?? why will I?? at least.. I don't put myself in the public and let guys see my undies!!!!!
    oh please!!!!

this article made me understand the more passionate feeling of STANDers...
    standbyme
    standbyme

Number of posts : 2
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-05-02

Post by standbyme Sun 03 May 2009, 11:22 am

If we are jealous of their 'beauty',we will be anti lee hyori,anti song hye kyo.But are we?No.I believe the above mentioned are way more prettier than them.

I just hate the way they act cute n pretend to be innocent.How they r rude to other artists.
    Labakittie
    Labakittie
    Super Anti

Female Number of posts : 450
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-04-29

Post by Labakittie Sun 03 May 2009, 1:21 pm

Very good article. :)

But for SNSD....

Why would I want to be like them? Seriously?!!!!

Watching their music videos, TV appearances and performances make me sick with rage!
    Think about it like a normal human being. Do we honestly carry ourselves out this way?

"I'm so pretty. I'm so cute. I'm so honest."

What in the world?

It has already been made clear, this was a group made for men to worship.
    The concept of their name itself is a conspiracy.Females used to exploit themselves to the fantasy of men? They are obviously not targeting the girls.

THIS! And it's why their male fans far outnumber their female fans. We girls are not stupid. SNSD is selling something that insults us as a gender, and it's no wonder we're not interested in buying.
    curiousgirl
    Banned
    Banned

Number of posts : 1
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-05-03

Post by curiousgirl Sun 03 May 2009, 1:44 pm

Crazy Soshi Stalker. Please do not come here to bash on other artist. This is a Anti SNSD forum.
    Labakittie
    Labakittie
    Super Anti

Female Number of posts : 450
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-04-29

Post by Labakittie Sun 03 May 2009, 3:58 pm

Wonder Girls also sell their bodies. I don't really get the point of that part of the article.

The Wonder Girls aren't prostitutes. And the point of the article is that SNSD is a slap in the face to women. A group that perpetuates being a representation and role model for young girls, while being marketed to dirty old men. Understand, the Wonder Girls boast a large female following and are directed at all ages where as SNSD is pretty much the exact opposite.

The point is that SNSD exists to perpetuate a sexist stereotype. And that's not including offensive attitudes and actions taken by the members.

All females who show a bad example should stop being singers, correct?

Wrong. Reread the article. Nowhere does the author say that. What she DOES suggest is that a female group that sets bad examples for young women should not be called representatives of their young generation.

Then SNSD isn't the only group that does this.

No one said they did. But just because SNSD won't be the first or the last does not mean we should sweep their idiotic behavior under the rug. That's like saying because someone isn't the first to steal, cheat on a test, or say something offensive we should ignore it. Are you serious?

Maybe we shouldn't come down so hard on them when there are countless others who do worse.

....You do know where you are? This is an ANTI site for SNSD dedicated to seeing them disband. I don't think you're going to find people here interested in throwing them soft balls. And again, we're judging SNSD for their own actions and attitudes. Just because someone else does something appalling doesn't automatically mean others get a free pass.

For example, Wonder GirlS.

I tell you what: bring me a series of panty-shots and images of members hiking up their skirts in order to look more appealing for the boys and I'll buy it.

And After School is so trashy, they're like wannabe Pussycat Dolls except they don't look half as good as the originals.

Please do not bash on other artist. This is an Anti SNSD forum and only Anti SNSD.

Honestly, I think you need to make your way over to the Editorials section. You seem to be very confused about where you are.
    stand
    stand
    Sexy Anti

Female Number of posts : 749
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-03-29

Post by stand Sat 09 May 2009, 7:27 am

you are incredible ~
    i loved the way you wrote this, and i agree everything with you completley.
    as a girl, i've been in love with hilary duff and britney spears and all that, so when SNSD came out, i thought " oh hey, its a new "veiw" on girls music" because duh, hilary duff was not as girly as snsd looked and of course britney spears was not as cute. she was more sexy. i liked SNSD for their songs, looks and had no idea their personalities was lost in the ocean. a little after january 2008, after their "baby baby" song, i felt " what the hell is this? why are they singing such baby cute songs...why are they always wearing miniskirts and crap?", so as time went on i found out their personalities were crap and just, horrible, i found my hatred for them and hated them even more when those sone's and delusions would write stuff about their looks only, it disgusted me to hell.

anyways. i really loved this topic because it relates to mostly all of us, and you gave a really good point. you are so cool ~ Surprise
    sweet.station
    sweet.station
    Super Anti

Female Number of posts : 446
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-05-08

Post by sweet.station Sat 09 May 2009, 10:46 am

thanks for this article infact I really love this cause
    I was the same like you before.
    before, I was also a die hard fan of SNSD
    I am really addicted to their song Into the new world I guess the most matured song that they ever had
    and how good the dancing is.
    but after reading a lot of anti blogs
    about them about how rude and trouble maker the girls are,
    having the same cute concept as always
    I was like "Is this really Girls' Generation" Arrrg .
    I love those girl groups too even they started with cute image
    they still have something that make them look a powerful group
    amano_makoto
    Anti

Number of posts : 80
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-05-10

Post by amano_makoto Thu 14 May 2009, 7:44 am

omg i really love your article! i so agree with you on those points. i've always been a boyband fangirl but i'm always for girl power and hate it when boys think they can be a push over. snsd is a total disgrace to be even called girls generation to represent us females in the society...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 11 May 2024, 11:09 am