The First International Anti-SNSD Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+70
Musical-Notes
olivia
alwaiis_u
xdinoxrawr
jjooannyyy
black_ocean
super_jessy
sweet.station
purple_091625
megatronic
yeveat
Light ~
nashDollie
HarryBerry
bigbangislove
iAsian210
littlemoth
wonder.n
iluvSTAND
joorina
reii_x3
got_hate?
<3superjunior^^
xElfie
kaedekuchiki
YunTTa
The.day.dreamer
bof
antiSM
garfield_tru89
wondergreat
vietnameseanti
IhatejesSICKa
Stephanie
yunho_lady
iAMViP
Nisea
Melinda
STANDupPEOPLE
yiwei
fuzzywuzzy
ai_sumairu
snjeung
Deliberately
legendPHS
_wondersunye
walkywalky
YooSulover
cancerian
Spriinklezz
jaejae19
Bento_box
paboshitdae
lucky730
iSTAND
rainiskye.
McFryburg aka Learner
kijun
wonderanti
yushin013only
Mizuki
AnaKaide
STANDforlife!
smiley_donutXD
PearlBurgundy
MeLowANTI
IhateSOSHI
soshit
~MiXiHae~DBSK
dbsjcsforever
74 posters

"We want to be like Wonder Girls!"

dbsjcsforever
    Official Anti

Number of posts : 216
    Warning :
    "We want to be like Wonder Girls!" Left_bar_bleue0 / 100 / 10"We want to be like Wonder Girls!" Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-12-14

"We want to be like Wonder Girls!" Empty "We want to be like Wonder Girls!"

Post by dbsjcsforever Fri 09 Jan 2009, 3:44 am

Girls' Generation (SNSD) has just released their title track for their mini album a few days ago [I can't even bother to remember its release date =="]. Anyway, a lot of us may have realised that their song "Gee" is going to the catchy and repetitive sides. If you remember, Sones used to say that Wonder Girls rely on their repetitive songs to get popular, and not because they are good singers/ dancers. For example, Tell Me, So Hot and Nobody.

Well, I'd like to shoot back those same words to Sones and tell them that SNSD are always going towards the catchy side. However, by doing so, I'll be as immature as them. :/ Not to mention, this song doesn't show off their vocal talent (not like they have any to start with) unlike Tell Me, where Sunye does the high note and Nobody where Ye Eun hits her big note. For Gee, we just have a rat squeaking from 3:00 onwards.

Another great observation for this song is not that they are all singing in their fake voices or that they sound like ducks quacking, but that if you actually listen to the whole audio, it sounds like there is only one person singing.

Let's move on the the Music Video that featured Shinee's Minho. Well, let's not talk about the dance yet but their actions. And for actions, I just want to stress on these few seconds. Fast forward the video to 1:57, and focus on the person on the left. Yes, the one with the back facing us. Her, or his, actions were indeed very different from the other two mannequins beside her.

The dance, I have a lot to say about this. Apparently, SNSD wanted to be as popular as Wonder Girls so they have changed their genre to a repetitive song. However, that wasn't enough to ensure that they would be as successful as Wonder Girls. To be even more certain that Gee would be a huge hit like Tell Me, So Hot and Nobody, the Music Video of Gee shows us a lot of dance moves that are seen in Wonder Girls' dances.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/nHZ36zQMEv8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/nHZ36zQMEv8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Bear the song for another 4 minutes... +.+

0:33, where Sicka says "My angel"
    Doesn't that clapping part remind you of So Hot?
    Well, I don't know about you, but it reminds me SO MUCH of that song.
    0:35, reminds me a bit of So Hee's hand movement during her part in So Hot's chorus.
    By the way, I don't see the connection between "...my girls" and that hand movement.

0:49, yeah, the dance where we thought they would trip over their own legs
    well, this looks familiar to me, but maybe not that familiar to most of you
    Wonder Girl's This Fool has this dance in the choreography.
    Wow, even This Fool's dance was taken ._.

0:51, this part passes very quickly, so pay attention
    Well, it seems to me that SNSD are doing the famous "Omona" pose in Tell Me.
    So Hot, checked. Tell Me, checked.

1:24, well well, what move is this?
    Oh, isn't that move from Wonder Girls' Irony?
    So far, 3 hit songs from Wonder Girls.

2:09, well this isn't that much from Wonder Girls' dance
    but it just reminded me so much of So Hot.
    Maybe it's because of the shorts and all but again,
    if it isn't mini skirts or shorts, then they wouldnt be SNSD =="

3:01, ahah, this part totally highlights their creativity
    This move looks oddly familiar? Of course it does.
    It's the "Shooting arrows of Love" dance from Nobody!
    The only difference is, instead of point clap clap point,
    their brilliant minds changed it to point point point.

3:34, not sure if anyone else noticed this, but I did.
    Isn't that move from the beginning of Nobody?
    Where Yoobin says "You know I will always love you baby..."?
    SNSD... are you sure Girls Generation is the right name for you?

Let's see, repetitive songs.
    So Hot, This Fool, Tell Me, Irony and even Nobody.
    Wow, SNSD are VERY desperated to be as popular as Wonder Girls.
    Hopefully they realise that they need to have REAL TALENT to be where Wonder Girls are. =="

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To make it easier for you to see all the moves that are spotted by fellow STANDers...:

STANDforlife!:

"I also noticed in 2:56-2:57 of Gee
    The wave/hand motion is EXACTLY like what Sun Mi does in So hot (concert version) in her part!"

walkywalky:

"and starting from 3:10, snsd copies wonder girls' nobody perf. when they have the individuals turn around or form a pose and the person at the end dance a bit"

*Fellow standers also pointed out that gee resembled Super Junior and Kara

joorina:

"@ 2:40 - 2:43
    it sounded almost like Super Junior's 'Miracle' the part when SiWon sang after ShinDong, EunHyuk, DongHae, and HanKyung did their little dance"

bigbangislove:

"SNSD also stole from Kara's "Rock U" choreography.
    In the chorus when they do the "Gee, gee, gee, gee, gee" thing and they swing their arms from side to side while bending over (gross) Kara did the same thing."

Last edited by dbsjcsforever on Fri 10 Apr 2009, 7:38 am; edited 6 times in total
    ~MiXiHae~DBSK
    ~MiXiHae~DBSK
    Awesome Anti

Female Number of posts : 1681
    Warning :
    "We want to be like Wonder Girls!" Left_bar_bleue4 / 104 / 10"We want to be like Wonder Girls!" Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-31

"We want to be like Wonder Girls!" Empty Re: "We want to be like Wonder Girls!"

Post by ~MiXiHae~DBSK Fri 09 Jan 2009, 4:01 am

wow!!
    ur eyes are good!!!
    Good Job!!^^
    i just realised the 0:33 moment..
    btw,whatever they do,copy nor act like WG,They will NEVER be like WG!NEVER!There is NO WONDERGENERATION here!
    how could we compare btw,plastic & natural??
    how could we compare btw,untalented & talented??
    how could we compare btw,BEAST & pretty??
    how could we compare btw,rude & respectful??
    how could we compare btw,STUPID & Genius??
    how could we compare btw,RETARDED & Normal??
    ohhh...SONE & SNSD are both STUPID & NO BRAINS!
    soshit
    soshit
    Awesome Anti

Female Number of posts : 1439
    Warning :
    "We want to be like Wonder Girls!" Left_bar_bleue0 / 100 / 10"We want to be like Wonder Girls!" Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-17

Post by soshit Fri 09 Jan 2009, 4:12 am

i think we shouldn't lie that snsd sings better than wg in group, but individually..they aren't that great since the members that can't sing only got small parts while in wg, even sohee has to sing more lines..

with the dances copied from wg, it seems like they are way more desperate and pathetic than we expected -_-
    IhateSOSHI
    IhateSOSHI
    Sexy Anti

Female Number of posts : 519
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-21

Post by IhateSOSHI Fri 09 Jan 2009, 4:45 am

The are copying WG
    their moves are original indeed =.="
    pathetic copycats
    MeLowANTI
    Beginner Anti

Number of posts : 23
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-11

Post by MeLowANTI Fri 09 Jan 2009, 5:16 am

OMG..
    i totally hate them for doing that..
    what the f.. grrrr
    PearlBurgundy
    PearlBurgundy
    Official Anti

Female Number of posts : 271
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-11-27

Post by PearlBurgundy Fri 09 Jan 2009, 6:20 am

Tsk tsk. So dead unoriginal! And this is what Sones are raving about? so proud
    smiley_donutXD
    smiley_donutXD
    Official Anti

Female Number of posts : 219
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-12

Post by smiley_donutXD Fri 09 Jan 2009, 6:34 am

pathetic...
    i can totally see what you're talking about...
    this is just like a song with wg's hit dances...
    but only with snsd...
    how sad is that...
    STANDforlife!
    STANDforlife!
    Anti

Female Number of posts : 55
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-01-09

Post by STANDforlife! Fri 09 Jan 2009, 7:08 am

I also noticed in 2:36-2:37 of Gee
    The wave/hand motion is EXACTLY like what Sun Mi does in So hot (concert version) in her part!

Woah

Last edited by STANDforlife! on Tue 13 Jan 2009, 6:56 am; edited 1 time in total
    AnaKaide
    AnaKaide
    Anti

Female Number of posts : 56
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-31

Post by AnaKaide Fri 09 Jan 2009, 7:47 am

WONDER GIRLS = KOREAN LITTLE SISTER!!
    soshit have no right to copy wonder girls..
    i still remember during nobody promotion where some sones said that
    all wg songs are repetitive but now what?
    soshit are copying the WG!!
    no matter how hard soshit try,they'll never be like wonder girls..
    wonder girls will always shines more than them!!
    The Wonder Begins,The Wonder Continues,The Wonder Lives on!
    Mizuki
    Mizuki
    Awesome Anti

Female Number of posts : 1185
    Warning :
    "We want to be like Wonder Girls!" Left_bar_bleue1 / 101 / 10"We want to be like Wonder Girls!" Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-12-17

Post by Mizuki Fri 09 Jan 2009, 7:59 am

I just shake my head. What has the world come to. HA~~
    yushin013only
    yushin013only
    Official Anti

Female Number of posts : 119
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-11-26

Post by yushin013only Fri 09 Jan 2009, 9:50 am

you got a very fast eye there...i bet it's a complete torture doing what you have done but quite impressive...

i don't know what is wrong with LSM...the video is a complete copycat of WG's... and now those 9 plastics are trying to level-up their images by dragging WG's name in every interview they are having..it's so annoying...they're making me hate them more and more...

this picture happens to be included in the photobook of their mini album, is the right picture familiar?

"We want to be like Wonder Girls!" 20090110

it's because tiffany and the rest of whoever behind it copied yoobin's signature look in so hot...
    first, the song...
    second, the dance...
    third, the mv...
    and now, yoobin's image...
    that is so disgusting!!!
    wonderanti
    wonderanti
    Official Anti

Female Number of posts : 153
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-01-04

Post by wonderanti Fri 09 Jan 2009, 11:06 am

omg..
    aren't they gonna stop copying WG????
    COPY CATS...!!!!
    kijun
    kijun
    Super Mod
    Super Mod

Female Number of posts : 902
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-17

Post by kijun Fri 09 Jan 2009, 12:17 pm

wowww
    good job lol
    i wasnt paying attention to their actions xD
    but i heard it a couple times.
    all i remember was a high pitched voice and G G G G G G GG G G G G G G G
    i mean at least wonder girls make sense wen they repeat words.

SNSD will never learn to make their own success
    such a shame
    what a waste of plastic
    McFryburg aka Learner
    Banned
    Banned

Number of posts : 161
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-12-08

Post by McFryburg aka Learner Fri 09 Jan 2009, 2:40 pm

They will NEVER be like wonder girls no matter how hard they try. LOL Yoobin was the missing piece to Wonder Girls becoming what they are now, and what they will continue to be, notice how once she joined their fame shot up? sohee may be the more popular younger girl but yoobin has a crapload of fans, all kinds of fans.

snsd doesn't have a member like that, none of their members are actually that special or stand out for any positive reason. Also back on to the music, wonder girls songs are actually nice to listen to and their albums aren't full of crappy filler songs that are a rip off to their fans.

WG > SNSD.
    rainiskye.
    rainiskye.
    Super Anti

Female Number of posts : 321
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-01-04

Post by rainiskye. Fri 09 Jan 2009, 3:48 pm

tried and failed.

if you listen closely enough, all you can hear is one voice =___=; i don't see what's so special about these girls; delusionfuls are honestly delusional. the whole MV is too cheerful and high pitched. all their voices are blended and seemed to have been played with. it's just sad that they have no originality of their own ... no matter how much delusionfuls defend them.

but yeah, i hate to admit it, Gee is actually catchy yet annoying at the same time .___."

Last edited by rainiskye. on Fri 09 Jan 2009, 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    iSTAND
    Official Anti

Female Number of posts : 270
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-02

Post by iSTAND Fri 09 Jan 2009, 4:18 pm

I'm sorry to admit , but that song is quite catchy , alone! Although I think the song isn't as " bad " , I still think SNSD is just a disrespectful. My opinion about them won't change , STANDer ' till the end ! ~
    Anyways back to the topic , they can try to copy WG's " omana " , their dance moves , the repetitive song , etc. BUT we all know that WG will still be the one who pwns all of those out of them in only one hit. XDDD

I agree with , rainiskye , you can be pretty much sure there is only one voice throughout the whole song.

They're so lucky WG went to the U.S for the time being. They would probably be scared if they released there MINI album in the same day as WG since everyone knows WG will ULTRA PWN ! ~ LMAO ! XDDD
    lucky730
    lucky730
    Official Anti

Female Number of posts : 136
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-01-07

Post by lucky730 Fri 09 Jan 2009, 4:22 pm

^I thought the song was catchy (but f*ckin' annoying) at first... but after listening to it like 5x, it already died down on me. That song just doesn't click as well as WG songs... epic fail.

Honestly, if WG came out with the song "Gee", I'd feel the same way. But JYP wouldn't make mediocre hits like "Gee" so that doesn't make sense. =P
    McFryburg aka Learner
    Banned
    Banned

Number of posts : 161
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-12-08

Post by McFryburg aka Learner Fri 09 Jan 2009, 4:23 pm

yushin013only wrote:you got a very fast eye there...i bet it's a complete torture doing what you have done but quite impressive...

i don't know what is wrong with LSM...the video is a complete copycat of WG's... and now those 9 plastics are trying to level-up their images by dragging WG's name in every interview they are having..it's so annoying...they're making me hate them more and more...

this picture happens to be included in the photobook of their mini album, is the right picture familiar?

"We want to be like Wonder Girls!" 20090110

it's because tiffany and the rest of whoever behind it copied yoobin's signature look in so hot...
    first, the song...
    second, the dance...
    third, the mv...
    and now, yoobin's image...
    that is so disgusting!!!

OMG...I thought I was the only one who noticed that, LOL. When WG mentions them its because they actually ask them about snsd alot, which is weird but Ive noticed snsd keeps bringing WG's name into their interview when they aren't even asked about them, very sad. lol

and LOL tiffany could never be as hot as yoobin, never.
    paboshitdae
    paboshitdae
    Awesome Anti

Female Number of posts : 1357
    Warning :
    "We want to be like Wonder Girls!" Left_bar_bleue1 / 101 / 10"We want to be like Wonder Girls!" Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-25

Post by paboshitdae Fri 09 Jan 2009, 4:31 pm

woah.
    snsd ARE in fact a bunch of copycats.
    i can't even bother with the song,
    it was too annoying to me.
    where as WG tell me, no body and so hot
    are not.
    Bento_box
    Bento_box
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1686
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-12

Post by Bento_box Fri 09 Jan 2009, 4:44 pm

I applaud you for your efforts!

But I must move this to the SNSD anti-Fan Article Section as it's not news but a well researched piece of work.

I love you Good work ~

Last edited by Bento_box on Fri 09 Jan 2009, 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    jaejae19
    jaejae19
    Graphic Artists
    Graphic Artists

Number of posts : 1569
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-11

Post by jaejae19 Fri 09 Jan 2009, 6:52 pm

much as i am amazed that you got a very keen eye for details, i think these days, girl bands (even boy bands) have the tendency to do similar dance steps.

...not that it's a good thing though and not that it should give SNShitD the right to imitate WG...

it just all boils down to the fact that these groups should think of newer and better dance steps than imitate those of existence already. ^^
    Spriinklezz
    Spriinklezz
    Sexy Anti

Female Number of posts : 543
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-14

Post by Spriinklezz Sat 10 Jan 2009, 4:39 am

SNSD's originality NEVER fails to amaze me
    cancerian
    Official Anti

Number of posts : 154
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-12-11

Post by cancerian Sat 10 Jan 2009, 7:26 am

is it only me who thinks that this song isnt catchy?
    uhh, anyway, they fail at trying to be WG, they sound very very fake. and it sounds as if only one or two people are singing?
    YooSulover
    Awesome Anti

Female Number of posts : 1884
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-09-20

Post by YooSulover Sat 10 Jan 2009, 5:07 pm

hahaha, yes yes, of course they want to be like Wonder Girls.
    too bad they'll never be like them, or ever close!! with those
    crappy voices, rude personalities and stupid dance moves! no!
    they can wish all they can! yeah delusionals, i wonder how they
    feel like. are they still gonna hate Wonder Girls. haha. sad, just
    hate Shitdae then, they're the ones trying to be like others!! no
    orginality at all. tsk tsk tsk. *shakes head*
    walkywalky
    walkywalky
    Official Anti

Number of posts : 112
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-11-24

Post by walkywalky Sat 10 Jan 2009, 6:01 pm

and starting from 3:10, snsd copies wonder girls' nobody perf. when they have the individuals turn around or form a pose and the person at the end dance a bit

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 11 May 2024, 2:05 am