The First International Anti-SNSD Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
Belicax
The.day.dreamer
rayna
Alkaid
SuperJunior
ai_sumairu
joorina
SuJuNiNi
Bye ladies_wonderful
xdinoxrawr
suki
izzybellboo
mawyni
DongBangAngel
yoomi
SUJUDB
jaejae19
SEUNGRI
soshi?
Labakittie
24 posters

Five Anti-Fan Myths (And Why They're Myths)...

Labakittie
    Labakittie
    Super Anti

Female Number of posts : 450
    Warning :
    Five Anti-Fan Myths (And Why They're Myths)... Left_bar_bleue0 / 100 / 10Five Anti-Fan Myths (And Why They're Myths)... Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-04-29

Five Anti-Fan Myths (And Why They're Myths)... Empty Five Anti-Fan Myths (And Why They're Myths)...

Post by Labakittie Thu 11 Jun 2009, 2:34 am

I confess this most recent article was spawned by observation of fangirl behavior, however rather than rant, I decided it would be far more productive to address "myths" that fans like to use in relation to antis, and to disprove them with logic. :)

Five Anti-Fan Myths (And Why They're Myths).

No doubt, you've heard the talk before about antis, us antis specifically. What we must be like. What we do with our time. Our "obsession". Our lack of lives. The secret "love" we must feel for SNSD because we dared dedicate site to their going away.

It's unfortunate that all antis get lumped together because I do firmly believe in the notion of a "civil anti". Is every anti civil? No, but neither is every fan sane and sensible. If there is a scale along which each fan finds his or herself, there is also a scale along with every anti-fan finds his or herself. So make no mistake: No one fan or anti-fan is alike.

And with that, let us address the top five myths that antis find thrown at them, often unjustly.

5.) Anti-fans have no lives.

Like all myths on this list, it paints all antis with the same brush, and attempts to apply a very simplistic stereotype to all antis. The "no-lives" myth dares to suggest that antis are only capable of spending their time bashing the artist they don't like, haunting their "anti lairs" and plotting deviously while twirling their mustaches.

Razz

This myth is ridiculous because it attempts to dictate to complete strangers how they spend their free time. It even assumes the anti HAS free time. Who knows? STAND, for example, is made up of antis, however, not every SNSD anti is a STAND member. We may have something in common, but that certainly does not make us a "hive-mind".

Many people have a common interest that binds them, however, no sane person would decide that members of a group were all a certain way based on a single common denominator. That would be like saying that all smokers also drink, all fans of baseball like the exact same team, or that all people who drive cars dislike bikes. Absolute statements are rarely (if ever) true, so when you make them, you're almost guaranteeing the invalidity of the point you're attempting to make.

This myth is no exception.

And realistically, disliking a group does not require that large an amount of energy or time. It's merely an emotional response. We have them as humans to many things. And yet, the average person is not crippled or forced to come to a complete stop by the things we do not like. We talk about them, but that does not indicate paralysis; it indicates discussion.

4.) Anti-fans secretly harbor love for the people they are antis of.

It's not impossible that some people are secret fans of groups they claim to hate. But then, the correct definition for such a person is a "poser", not an "anti". It's also not impossible for someone to go from liking a group to being tired of the group, to hating them...to liking them again. Human emotions are strange, and so are humans. However, it's usually a safe bet that if someone is an anti of a group, it has nothing to do with "love", at least not for that group.

There is no secret love; an anti dislikes a person or group because he or she wants to, for his or her own reasons.

You would not accuse a fan of secretly hating a group. Anti-fans and fans are opposites, and so you would and should expect an opposite reaction from each group.

3.) Anti-fans are mean people who bash and insult every chance they get.

I have seen antis behave this way, and I've seen antis who didn't. Some antis really are mean people. Some antis are only mean to fans of whoever they're antis of. And some antis are quiet people who don't like trouble. You can't take one anti and make their actions, thoughts, and habits the representation for a very large group of people. That's just ludicrous.

Before you assume all antis are mean, stop and think: Does it have anything to do with YOU?

Often, upon learning someone is an anti of a group they like, fans themselves become hostile or bias, even if it has nothing to do with the original conversation.

If you do not antagonize, insult, or interrogate the anti, it's quite possible they will remain polite and civil. Otherwise, if you behave this way...is a negative response so surprising?

2.) Antis feel the way they do because of jealousy.

Some antis really are this shallow. But not ALL. Some people are capable of forming complex opinions without it having anything to do with insecurities in regards to their physical appearance and or charms they may lack. Sometimes, disliking someone is a matter of "external forces" (the person(s), their fans, their actions, etc.) rather than "internal forces" (self-loathing, insecurity, desire to be like the person, etc.)

This is one of the more persistent myths, partially because in Kpop, jealousy tends to be the motivator for negative behavior in relation to idols. Just look at sweeping and immediate netizen reactions should a popular male idol take an interest in a female (even if that female does not return those feelings). She is harassed, threatened, and stalked. How could you not assume this was caused by anything other than fans being jealous?

HOWEVER, it has nothing to do with being an anti. To be an anti is simply to dislike someone or hate them. The reason for being an anti and the definition are certainly not mutually exclusive, and often, it is a matter of individuals acting based on their own thoughts and wishes. One person may be an anti because of petty jealousy and resentment. Another person may despise the person or persons for their behavior and actions. Another person may despise the person because of how they were treated by that person and or their fans. And still another reason for someone else.

Finally, jealousy tends to cause more immediate emotional reactions. Booing, for example. Jealousy cannot motivate people to plan and carry out boycotts in cooperation with groups they normally don't get along with. That's righteous indignation.

Indeed, there are many emotions that motivate antis. You cannot pin it on one thing and expect it to be true every time.

1.) Anti fans are mentally unstable...

I must confess that after reading about the anti who fed poor unsuspecting Yunho of DBSK super glue, I honestly believed this one myself. Many people do. Anti-fans are seen as crazy fangirls who plot acts of violence against artists and wait for the moment to strike. And when they aren't doing so, they're imagined as alone in a dark room, drooling onto their keyboards, obsessing over the people they hate with the most terrifying and ferocious hatred.

In retrospect, this is the most ridiculous myth I've ever heard. Largely because it fails to acknowledge the fact that like there are crazy anti-fans, there are crazy fans, at any moment in a certain situation, the two can very well be one and the same. A crazy fan may decide that they anti someone because that person is too close their idol, and wish that person harm.

So then, we have crazy fans. Is the existence of sane anti-fans now so unreasonable? Nope. Disliking someone doesn't make you crazy. If that were so, the entire planet is bonkers. It just means you don't like them. Nothing more or less.

Having negative feelings about a person or group does not mean you are a nasty person in need of help; you just don't like the group.

It is within your right as a human being to express emotion towards and to react to whatever you will (so long as you don't act to hurt anyone). Suppression and denial is far more unhealthy. Expressing honest and reasonable feelings? That's normal human behavior. The positiveness or negativeness of the feelings is irrelevant.

So feel free to remind anyone who suggests that being an anti automatically makes you "weird" or "unstable" that unless they are a brilliant psychiatrist able to completely and accurately analyze you in a single sitting, be it via the internet or in person, they don't know what they're talking about and should think twice about the labels being casually tossed around.

So what are the FACTS about Antis?

The only absolute truth about antis, like any group, is that there ARE NO ABSOLUTES. There's no one profile, one type, one set of anything. Yes, we may have something in common, but defining an entire group by that one thing is a waste of time.

In the end, you'll be more informed about a person if you do not focus solely on the fact that they happen to be an anti. Take a cue from the anti. Does he or she use their anti-status to define who they are as a person? If not...then why should you?
    soshi?
    soshi?
    Super Anti

Number of posts : 386
    Warning :
    Five Anti-Fan Myths (And Why They're Myths)... Left_bar_bleue1 / 101 / 10Five Anti-Fan Myths (And Why They're Myths)... Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-04-11

Five Anti-Fan Myths (And Why They're Myths)... Empty Re: Five Anti-Fan Myths (And Why They're Myths)...

Post by soshi? Thu 11 Jun 2009, 12:56 pm

lol <33 whoa. what the hell XDD
    SEUNGRI
    SEUNGRI
    Anti

Female Number of posts : 49
    Warning :
    Five Anti-Fan Myths (And Why They're Myths)... Left_bar_bleue0 / 100 / 10Five Anti-Fan Myths (And Why They're Myths)... Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-01-02

Five Anti-Fan Myths (And Why They're Myths)... Empty Re: Five Anti-Fan Myths (And Why They're Myths)...

Post by SEUNGRI Thu 11 Jun 2009, 1:27 pm

this is so LAME!!!
    we have lives. we dont get on the computer everyday and check up on our favorite celebs everyday 24/7.(well i dont LOL) we have better things to do then bashing
    celebs. we do it sometimes when we read articles about the person and notice something that the person did or said out of line. other than that, we dont care.
    we dont harbor love. when you harbor love its so-called OBESS in my opinion.
    we dont want to know what they do everyday. hate or so-called "LOVE" is w.e. the
    person chooses not just because everyone around them hates them then they start to
    hate them too.
    we dont bash every chance we get. we bash if something is offending to us. not everything that the person said is right or funny. people have diferent perspectives. nobody is the same.
    there is nothing to be jealous of. what the fans should be jealous of is that if their favorite celeb said something out of line they cant do anything about it because they are their fans. we anti can say w.e. we want in a polite manner.
    are you sure the fans arent jealous of US anti fans????LOL
    we arent mental. if we were we wouldnt be typing write now or be able to read about what is going on. shouldnt we be at the hospital tied up in straight jacket if
    we are mental????i think the fans are the mental ones.LOL
    anyways i been rambling for too long. i agree with you on the FACTS!!

Last edited by SEUNGRI on Thu 11 Jun 2009, 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : revising)
    Labakittie
    Labakittie
    Super Anti

Warning :

Post by Labakittie Thu 11 Jun 2009, 1:47 pm

we have lives. we dont get on the computer everyday and check up on our favorite celebs everyday 24/7.(well i dont LOL) we have better things to do then bashing

I don't either. XD I sometimes suspect the misconception exists as a form of projection. That is, that's how someone else spends their time, so it must be true for everyone else.

I know I don't have that kind of time. Razz
    jaejae19
    jaejae19
    Graphic Artists
    Graphic Artists

Number of posts : 1569
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-11

Post by jaejae19 Thu 11 Jun 2009, 2:50 pm

LOL!

They think they hit us hard when they believe these myths.. thing is, we hit them harder by telling the truth.

And if being an anti is being mentally-unstable, I wonder how you'd call a lesbo who fantasizes about pedo-baits~

Gah~

*ji ji ji ji baby~* Razz
    SUJUDB
    SUJUDB
    Super Anti

Female Number of posts : 386
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-11

Post by SUJUDB Thu 11 Jun 2009, 9:38 pm

5.) Anti-fans have no lives.

let's see....I'm in IB, Soy is in IB also (Went to soompi and found an IB thread. It was started by her...) So trying to cope with the IB program, dance classes, studying for SATs, doing household chores, taking care of my hamster, making presents for friends, going to various school clubs, and making food for my family is considered having no life?? Let's say Soy is doing all of the things i'm doing to...Does that mean she has no life??

Don't lie Sones, just because we hate SNSD doesn't mean we don't have lives.
    yoomi
    yoomi
    Super Anti

Female Number of posts : 323
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-12-10

Post by yoomi Thu 11 Jun 2009, 10:22 pm

jaejae19 wrote:They think they hit us hard when they believe these myths.. thing is, we hit them harder by telling the truth.

LOL exactly.
    DongBangAngel
    DongBangAngel
    Official Anti

Female Number of posts : 185
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-10-11

Post by DongBangAngel Sat 13 Jun 2009, 1:58 am

This is pure brilliance! I hate it when fans say I have no life. They always say that i'm stupid and i'm just jealous, plus the fact that I should stop bashing on certain artists. That's seriously hypocritical. First of all, jealousy is like human instinct. Everyone gets jealous, I bet soshits would get jealous ( if they were males, or just you know the type to like girls ) if their precious SNSD dated someone. Even if they say "Omg i'm so happy for them" they would still harbor jealousy within them. Yes, It has happened to me. No matter how much you deny it, you'd still feel jealous. Another thing is when you comment something bad about SNSD, they start going "Why don't you go find a life and stop wasting your time replying". Again hypocritical! Hello?! Your replying back to me, plus you don't know me. That's like me telling you to get a life. Seriously, Soshits should think. It's not like they don't bash other artists. -_-.

Oh gee, soshits need to open their eyes.

Post by Guest Sun 14 Jun 2009, 8:57 pm

LOL Love it~!
    Good job Surprise
    mawyni
    mawyni
    Official Anti

Female Number of posts : 106
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-05-29

Post by mawyni Mon 15 Jun 2009, 6:11 am

WOW that was a long post. Gah that's so stupid. It's like whenever SNSD fans meet SNSD antis all they can say is we're jealous and that at least they're pretty and talented. GAH!!
    izzybellboo
    izzybellboo
    Sexy Anti

Female Number of posts : 733
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-11-30

Post by izzybellboo Tue 16 Jun 2009, 12:28 am

And yet, I do go to school, maintain my grades, wash the dishes, do the laundry, go shopping with my friends, practice my music, eat, sleep, shower, and hence,
    I'm pretty darn sure that I have a life.

While somewhere in between that, I can actually find time to log on to STAND and share my views with people who do the same as me, hence we all must have lives.

Human beings have this astounding ability to multi-task.
    Amazing, isn't it?

Labakittie, I can't stress how brilliant your articles are. You've tackled all these points straight on.
    *hands over trophy*
    I think all fans that claim us jealous, insecure, and hateful creatures with too much time on our hands, should read this.

I'm going to quote some of your stuff from now on. Thanks for giving me some ammo =D

*love*
    Labakittie
    Labakittie
    Super Anti

Warning :

Post by Labakittie Tue 16 Jun 2009, 2:53 am

^
    ^
    ^

*hug*

Glad to be of help. :)
    suki
    suki
    The Shy One

Number of posts : 18
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-12-21

Post by suki Mon 22 Jun 2009, 12:53 pm

Say whatever they want, I don't care because people know who I am.
    The only thing I am not happy about the article is the part of JEALOUSY. Just who do they think they are to get me jealous of them? I'm so sorry to say this but I do think those 9 girls are never to be able to get a good life like mine.
    Why don't they see that: We are anti SNSD, why not other girl bands?
    xdinoxrawr
    xdinoxrawr
    Super Anti

Female Number of posts : 362
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-23

Post by xdinoxrawr Wed 24 Jun 2009, 12:48 am

lol snsd fans are just not accepting the truth about their "idols" and they hate us because we're pouring more truth on them then ever
    Bye ladies_wonderful
    Anti

Number of posts : 55
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-03-10

Post by Bye ladies_wonderful Mon 29 Jun 2009, 12:23 pm

I'm sorry i don't read now cuz i'm so sleepy 55+.

But i hate SNSD 4ever i will love in stand.

I belive in you stand !!.
    SuJuNiNi
    SuJuNiNi
    Super Anti

Female Number of posts : 405
    Warning :
    Five Anti-Fan Myths (And Why They're Myths)... Left_bar_bleue1 / 101 / 10Five Anti-Fan Myths (And Why They're Myths)... Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-01-30

Post by SuJuNiNi Fri 03 Jul 2009, 11:51 pm

WTF?? LOL
    joorina
    joorina
    Official Anti

Female Number of posts : 190
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-02-13

Post by joorina Mon 06 Jul 2009, 11:51 pm

hmm....is there any way I can actually Favorite this? ahahahahhaha. I luv it!
    ai_sumairu
    ai_sumairu
    Awesome Anti

Female Number of posts : 1427
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-11-03

Post by ai_sumairu Fri 17 Jul 2009, 4:23 am

I'm sorry but the no. 4 and no. 1 myth just cracked me up! STANDers harbor a secret love for shitdaes?! WTH?! and we're mentally unstable? Huh?! Shocked I'm a psychology student and I know for myself that I don't harbor any secret love for those plastics. Maybe a very deep contempt and hatred buried deep within my sub-conscious but never love.

They are definitely in denial. They can't accept the truth so they bashed us. In my opinion, with everything that insanes are doing/have been doing and how they are acting, they're definitely the unstable one here.
    SuperJunior
    SuperJunior
    Official Anti

Female Number of posts : 285
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-07-24

Post by SuperJunior Sat 22 Aug 2009, 5:15 am

Yesss, all MYTHS
    I bet most Sones stalk us here more than we actually get on
    and it is SUMMER right now
    what else are we supposed to do with our time?
    Alkaid
    Alkaid
    Super Anti

Female Number of posts : 346
    Warning :
    Five Anti-Fan Myths (And Why They're Myths)... Left_bar_bleue2 / 102 / 10Five Anti-Fan Myths (And Why They're Myths)... Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Post by Alkaid Mon 07 Sep 2009, 7:19 am

I am moved with tears =O
    rayna
    rayna
    Anti

Female Number of posts : 67
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-14

Post by rayna Thu 26 Nov 2009, 11:07 pm

As a STAND Member one can't help but agree more, that we are mostly viewed as Anti-Fans that have no lives and are psychos. And I can't help but feel like I want to teach a SONe a lesson when she, (most likey a he) goes on and tries to justify why they worship SNSD and put us STAND Members as crazy antis.

When we are not, we have lives as izzybellboo and other people on this thread have said.
    The.day.dreamer
    The.day.dreamer
    Official Anti

Female Number of posts : 163
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-09-28

Post by The.day.dreamer Sat 12 Dec 2009, 11:29 am

lolz. . . what the heck?! antis have myths? but yeah, i agree on the disaproval of the myths. . . they'r not true. the fans are just saying that, because it's actually their really character. . . correct me if i'm wrong
    Belicax
    Belicax
    Sexy Anti

Female Number of posts : 756
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-18

Post by Belicax Tue 15 Dec 2009, 6:03 am

I just love the fact they wasted so much time trying to come up with these myths.
    damage
    Super Anti

Number of posts : 324
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-07

Post by damage Thu 07 Jan 2010, 8:08 am

From reading this forum I agree with these myths.
    People tend to generalize that the anti fans are just plain jealous but I'm am sure they have more reasons than that ^^
    Some of m,y friends are antis but they are definitely civilized, intelligent and fun people with normal lives (: they are no where near mentally unstable! lols
    DEADDx
    DEADDx
    Beginner Anti

Female Number of posts : 29
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-10-24

Post by DEADDx Thu 25 Mar 2010, 8:13 am

Well said, seriously. If only what you typed can be publicize. I'm sure alot of STANDers are sick of being accused already. Accused of being jealous is the most common one, in my opinion. But sadly, only we ourselves know the truth and the reason all the things we do. A big sigh to end my post.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 4:17 am