The First International Anti-SNSD Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+45
leeyejin
santi
CuiHanLuan
sachmet
KangNaMi
Hazy
daesungvip
queenbee
ForceMajeure
SuperJunior
akemi_cho
blissreverie
EW its SNSD Dx
Alex_Peterson
super_jessy
lirujoong
ZZZDevil
jjooannyyy
makino
sandy32000
wickedfairy
amano_makoto
sweet.station
stand
curiousgirl
Labakittie
standbyme
serenade_me_jazz2
bigbangislove
PandaPanda
STAND up
ai_sumairu
ilovecakes
CrowdedHell
sapphirever
XxZLY_CSJHxX
jaejae19
~wOonDerLoOve~
taiyou_no_namida
Tuyetienhi
JaeRi
Mizuki
ice-cream
pinkrebel18
izzybellboo
49 posters

A Disgrace to Females - A rather feminist article

michelle88
    Anti

Number of posts : 86
    Warning :
    A Disgrace to Females - A rather feminist article - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 100 / 10A Disgrace to Females - A rather feminist article - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-05-19

A Disgrace to Females - A rather feminist article - Page 3 Empty Re: A Disgrace to Females - A rather feminist article

Post by michelle88 Fri 04 Jun 2010, 4:21 am

calling them ''girls' generation'' is an insult to girls Razz
    moon_pixie
    moon_pixie
    Anti

Number of posts : 68
    Warning :
    A Disgrace to Females - A rather feminist article - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 100 / 10A Disgrace to Females - A rather feminist article - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-31

A Disgrace to Females - A rather feminist article - Page 3 Empty Re: A Disgrace to Females - A rather feminist article

Post by moon_pixie Sun 24 Oct 2010, 2:12 am

I have been a STANDer for ages and when I saw your article with the word "feminist" in it, I was intrigued.

So here I am, reading your article. I was nodding on some points and I agree with your complaints about the exaggeration of cute things, but as a feminist, I would like debunk your idea of feminism. It is notable how you presented your argument in matters that lean on stereotyping of women and boxing them as sex-objects but the main loophole in your entire argument is how you lash out your disappointment to the group itself. That dear, is not feminism. To be honest, this probably one of the most misogynistic article I've read in my entire life.

FEMINISM sprouted as a movement to empower women. EMPOWER. Regardless of what way they will acquire such things, there should always be the first and foremost need to secure that the women are protected.

SNSD is a victim of the society they're in. It is their company which actually objectified them to be what they are. Thus, if we need to put blame on anyone, we should blame the management itself. Reasons like "oh! it's snsd's fault because they should have said no" is illogical and downright stupid. Surprise, surprise, this is the entertainment industry and artists are literally slaves to their producers and what not. Apart from that, it isn't only SNSD who are subject to these kinds of indirect stereotyping. I love Super Junior but their song "Cooking, cooking" is generally anti-feminist. It banks on the idea that a woman is nothing unless she can cook. But I don't blame Super Junior. Simply because they are artists and even if they have to do shit if their management tells them to do it, they will. Because that's their job. And that they are professionals.

Which brings me here to STAND. My reason for being in STAND is actually grounded on the premise of feminism. I agree with you on how they are being marketed towards males. However, my STAND is for them to DISBAND so that these girls could actually get away from the hazards of a highly patriarchal society. I HATE THE CONCEPT AND I HATE THE MANAGEMENT but I don't necessarily hate the women themselves that are in it. WHY? Because hating the women is the root of anti-feminism.

The problem is on the society. There's this cliche quote running around in cyberspace, I hope you're familiar with it. It's "don't hate the player, hate the game."

I feel I need to speak because you actually mentioned one thing that I am very touchy of. And coming from a real feminist, your definition of feminism is way off-tangent.
    Starr
    Starr
    Official Anti

Female Number of posts : 267
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-07-05

Post by Starr Sun 24 Oct 2010, 3:56 pm

^
    I agree. I use to hate on the members of SNSD all the time. It wasn't until I realized that the true problem was SM. They are the ones who created the product that is SNSD. So, now I am not a anti of the members of SNSD, but the company that made the product that is SNSD(and sones...)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 5:11 am