The First International Anti-SNSD Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
SuJuNiNi
SheepyXD
cassio_fia
clare
Sachie
dBsK_luv
pi-farra
ihateinsanes
kxluv
pinkrebel18
E.L.F.
queenbee
16 posters

Lee Soo Man resigns from SM Entertainment

queenbee
    queenbee
    Admin
    Admin

Female Number of posts : 2166
    Warning :
    Lee Soo Man resigns from SM Entertainment Left_bar_bleue0 / 100 / 10Lee Soo Man resigns from SM Entertainment Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-03

Lee Soo Man resigns from SM Entertainment Empty Lee Soo Man resigns from SM Entertainment

Post by queenbee Thu 25 Feb 2010, 6:28 am

Lee Soo Man resigns from SM Entertainment Leesooman
    Yes, as many of you have already heard and read, Mr. Lee Soo Man has apparently called it quits... but not from SM Entertainment. The title he simply let go of was that of a "Company Registered Director".

So as confusing as it may seem, Lee Soo Man resigning from SM Entertainment does not necessarily mean that he no longer has any say in the decisions regarding SM Entertainment, its management, and its artists. If anything, he just acquired more "voting power" as his shares have increased by 1.5%, bring his total share up to 28.3% (we won't be going into detail as to how he acquired the 1.5% as that involves another artist altogether).

So how does that influence decisions regarding SM artists, particularly our "favorite" 9-girl group?

A lot.

For one thing, as a major shareholder, he has all the right to intercede on any decision regarding the company's assests.

Business 101: "Although directors and officers of a company are bound by legal and ethical duties to act in the best interest of the shareholders, the shareholders themselves normally do not have such duties towards each other. Shareholders in a corporation are shielded from personal liability for the debts and obligations of the company. However, shareholders can lose their investments should the corporation fail."

So even if he is no longer connected with SM Entertainment management, he is still taking over majority of SME's shares which puts him in a win-win situation, especially with what is happening now with the company.

We all know SME's stocks have been dropping for quite sometime now. It was only recently aggravated during the issue with DBSK. But even before that, there has already been a sharp decline in the company's assets which can actually be traced to SNSD.

Lee Soo Man resigns from SM Entertainment Sme

Still not convinced? You can also check SME's financial statement records for the past 5 years. It's available for public viewing: HERE

Bottomline, Lee Soo Man is no longer "Director", but he is now "Major Stockholder". Weighing the two in, a stockholder has more votes. And since we know who he prefers to spend money over, then we can expect to see more of SNSD.. that or SME goes bankrupt, whichever comes first.

Sources:
    News link
    SME stocks

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks to bbling and jaejae for the help~
    I love you
    E.L.F.
    E.L.F.
    Super Anti

Female Number of posts : 452
    Warning :
    Lee Soo Man resigns from SM Entertainment Left_bar_bleue0 / 100 / 10Lee Soo Man resigns from SM Entertainment Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Lee Soo Man resigns from SM Entertainment Empty Re: Lee Soo Man resigns from SM Entertainment

Post by E.L.F. Thu 25 Feb 2010, 6:46 am

Shocked
    The title really shocked me !!!!!!

Is this a bad thing?? or a good one?? I really dunno. But if he uses his money on his "9plaxticgurlx" then that's bad. COMPLETELY BAD~!!! So....will somebody else handle SME artist's?? I hope so. And I hope it isn't one that would also be like him. Hope that Someone would take better care of SME and it artists. Poor SME. I like their artists but, I just have something against LSM. Hope they get more popular and higher ratings !!by not cheating and paying people like LSM does
    pinkrebel18
    pinkrebel18
    Sexy Anti

Female Number of posts : 563
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-09-05

Lee Soo Man resigns from SM Entertainment Empty Re: Lee Soo Man resigns from SM Entertainment

Post by pinkrebel18 Thu 25 Feb 2010, 7:13 am

SM sucks... that's all I can say..
    they won't bother to bring back all of their talented groups,
    & the company is wasting money on shiitdae imagine 3 mega comebacks in Korea
    while Super Junior has one last year, DBSK has one too with Mirotic, BoA none her last korean album was ages ago,CSJH wtf for their 1st album they waited for two freaking long years to be released & now SM shoved this 4 talented ladies for 3 consecutive years, & Liyin she has korean fans too she need a Kpop comeback.. & where is fx now a days? I haven't seen them & ShiNee too. SM has shiitdae out alone on stage conquering the sex-starved ajusshis.
    kxluv
    kxluv
    Sexy Anti

Female Number of posts : 510
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Post by kxluv Thu 25 Feb 2010, 7:40 am

remember that announcement from sm that they are having a big deficit?!
    it says there that sm's expenses for big groups like super junior and snsd are too high...

if they cut back on their investments on snsd and invest it on someone else like BoA (who is dearly missed in korea) or CSJH or DBSK (though we all know that they can't proceed with group activities in korea as of now) or f(x) (the group has soooo much potential...but SM gives them crappy songs) or SHINee (shinee is slowly but surely becoming the next dbsk) i bet they wouldn't have as much deficit as they have now...

i'm fine with them spending a lot of money with SJ because we all know how big SJ is all over asia...from albums, to concerts, to dvds, merchandises....everything SJ sells.,...

but with SNSD, yeah let's be honest they have a big fan base in korea...(mostly old stinky men though...sucks to be snsd)...and yeah they had their first solo concert...but they didn't even fill the venue...and now they would be having an asia tour...which we all know would be a big FAIL...sm would be wasting so much resources for this asian tour it's ridiculous...

i don't really have a comment with regards to LSM...
    i used to admire how he produces artists with real talent and how he handles his markets...
    but now.....LSM and SM Ent. has changed...and that started when SNSD was formed....=/
    ihateinsanes
    ihateinsanes
    Awesome Anti

Female Number of posts : 1495
    Warning :
    Lee Soo Man resigns from SM Entertainment Left_bar_bleue1 / 101 / 10Lee Soo Man resigns from SM Entertainment Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-11

Post by ihateinsanes Thu 25 Feb 2010, 9:00 am

oh PUH-LEASE! by releasing this piece of news to the public does lee soo man really think that we are going to buy the fact that he has nothing to do with SME anymore? right. and i'm the queen of england. knowing the disturbing & rather pervertic interest lee soo man has in SNSD i'm sure we'll be seeing even more of those overrated plastics. oo.. thrills! *rolls eyes*

i don't give a damn who takes over SME but i just hope that the next chairman would actually be a sensible human being who actually gives importance to something other than to service the needs of ajhusshis by releasing pedo-bait songs performed by half naked girls with fake virgin images.
    pi-farra
    pi-farra
    Anti

Number of posts : 51
    Warning :

Post by pi-farra Thu 25 Feb 2010, 11:23 am

buahahaha..LSM you're so screwed and you expect us to believe that you'd resigned and therefore have nothing to do with SME anymore!!!Just because SME is going down the drain now of course we expect you to save your ass first.Being the biggest shareholder but not the CEO means that LSM isn't liable for any of the financial difficulties.

Being the biggest shareholder also means LSM will still have the biggest say in which artist SME has to promote.

Knowing LSM, it would probably, no make that most definitely be SNShitD. All the money will be going to the 9 Plasticzillas and we can say buh-bye to the talented CSJH, LiYin etc. Mad
    E.L.F.
    E.L.F.
    Super Anti

Female Number of posts : 452
    Warning :

Post by E.L.F. Fri 26 Feb 2010, 1:56 am

Why can't SME just get a girl to run for their company?? Besides no matter how many people lead SME as long as their guys they'll always put the girl groups in front of the boy ones. Besides, they have many more talented artists then SNSD.
    dBsK_luv
    dBsK_luv
    Awesome Anti

Female Number of posts : 1424
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-31

Post by dBsK_luv Fri 26 Feb 2010, 6:54 am

^ My thoughts exactly
    If it was a female CEO, she probably wouldn't always promote SNSD as much. Give a chance to the other groups.
    I read this article on AKP, really shocked me. But all the same, i can't completely bad mouth LSM because he did create some awesome groups.
    Can't really say much now, this story needs to be updated, just waiting for them to give info about the new CEO and what will happen to the groups. >_>
    Sachie
    Sachie
    Awesome Anti

Female Number of posts : 1328
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-05-08

Post by Sachie Fri 26 Feb 2010, 3:28 pm

The fugly old man deserves it...seriously, I hate this person more than SNSD!! he's the main reason why SNSD exists & DBSK/SJ/Others are getting tortured!!

THIS IS SNSD'S END!! I bet they are crying now or maybe sleeping with Kim YoungMin to keep them in the industry!!
    clare
    clare
    Anti

Female Number of posts : 89
    Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-23

Post by clare Sat 27 Feb 2010, 5:32 am

the truth is that old lee soo man is really look alike his niece SOONY with that eyes and joker smile...MUAHAHAH.. Razz
    cassio_fia
    cassio_fia
    Official Anti

Female Number of posts : 241
    Location : DBSK's apartement, inside Jaejoong's heart, mind and soul
    Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-03

Post by cassio_fia Thu 04 Mar 2010, 2:07 am

I don't know tat's a good thing or not. But with all the money he has, IF he spent his money to 9-bunch-of-platic-girls, that's definetely a baaad thing...

i wonder, is he even get any merit from them??
    SheepyXD
    SheepyXD
    Sexy Anti

Female Number of posts : 858
    Warning :
    Lee Soo Man resigns from SM Entertainment Left_bar_bleue1 / 101 / 10Lee Soo Man resigns from SM Entertainment Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-07-11

Post by SheepyXD Thu 04 Mar 2010, 10:34 pm

I don't know.. if.. it's a good thing or a bad thing..
    I'm actually pretty confuse LOL...
    I mean like what will happen to the groups..
    and yada yada yada.. o.o!?
    SuJuNiNi
    SuJuNiNi
    Super Anti

Female Number of posts : 405
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-01-30

Post by SuJuNiNi Fri 05 Mar 2010, 8:07 am

I'm confuse.. but that means SNSD is going to dessapear? No? I don't know..
    whychoosethem91
    whychoosethem91
    Official Anti

Female Number of posts : 265
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-19

Post by whychoosethem91 Sat 06 Mar 2010, 3:55 pm

This blows! He knows exactly what he's doing! He's gonna step down when all of this is going down. What a freakin coward. Now that he's stepped down, maybe there will be some changes. Oh! And to top it all off, SME and other companies are getting investigated. I think he seen this coming. He really did.
    curlsattack
    curlsattack
    Official Anti

Female Number of posts : 115
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-11-11

Post by curlsattack Sun 14 Mar 2010, 4:36 am

Oh god, like, seriously.
    Does that old tart seriously think we're fools to believe he has nothing to do with SME anymore.
    I mean, just from the fact that he named the company after himself shows us how much of a narcisist he is, so yuh. We're not that naive as to think he'll step down. if anything, we STANDers know with perfect sense that whatever he chooses to do, will most certainly end up with him benefitting more with the only thing he's ever genuinely loved--

MONEY.
    'nuff said.

Thanx for the article though, Bee. extremely articulate.

-i've been on quiet anti mode for the longest time. sigh~ i miss this place...-

Cheers!
    hatianhime
    hatianhime
    Beginner Anti

Female Number of posts : 38
    Warning :

Post by hatianhime Sun 11 Apr 2010, 6:54 pm

Uhm I'm a little confused. You said that Soo Man is no longer the chairman of SME well i read he was never the CEO just a producer which is why so many of the artists were thanking soo man for his teachings
    can someone explain this to me??
    antigolfasgeneration
    antigolfasgeneration
    Official Anti

Female Number of posts : 101
    Warning :

Post by antigolfasgeneration Thu 29 Apr 2010, 4:17 am

I think it is bad news. Very bad news. It means that the dear Sonny’s uncle would be controlling everything anyway… as always.
    And of course supporting his nephew I mean, his lovely little niece… X___X
    He will be over-marketing those sluts (perhaps even more, to make –keep making- miserable the life of every sane person), and ignoring other artists, etc.
    What a crap.

hatianhime wrote:Uhm I'm a little confused. You said that Soo Man is no longer the chairman of SME well i read he was never the CEO just a producer which is why so many of the artists were thanking soo man for his teachings

Hi,
    I'm not very well informed, but what I know is that he is the main figure in that company. The letters "SM" were because of his name Soo Man, although I have understood that since from some time now, they changed to something else.
    Now "SM" means something else. But inicially, as far as I know, was because of his name.
    Anyway, he is the main figure, chairman or CEO or whatever, he has been in control, and it seems like he is still in control and he will be.
    Arrrg

As long as that company exist, it seems like he will be in control.
    hatianhime
    hatianhime
    Beginner Anti

Female Number of posts : 38
    Warning :

Post by hatianhime Fri 30 Apr 2010, 4:12 pm

antigolfasgeneration wrote:I think it is bad news. Very bad news. It means that the dear Sonny’s uncle would be controlling everything anyway… as always.
    And of course supporting his nephew I mean, his lovely little niece… X___X
    He will be over-marketing those sluts (perhaps even more, to make –keep making- miserable the life of every sane person), and ignoring other artists, etc.
    What a crap.

hatianhime wrote:Uhm I'm a little confused. You said that Soo Man is no longer the chairman of SME well i read he was never the CEO just a producer which is why so many of the artists were thanking soo man for his teachings

Hi,
    I'm not very well informed, but what I know is that he is the main figure in that company. The letters "SM" were because of his name Soo Man, although I have understood that since from some time now, they changed to something else.
    Now "SM" means something else. But inicially, as far as I know, was because of his name.
    Anyway, he is the main figure, chairman or CEO or whatever, he has been in control, and it seems like he is still in control and he will be.
    Arrrg

As long as that company exist, it seems like he will be in control.

OHHH cause what I heard was it actually stood for Star Museum Entertainment or something like that...I think thats what they changed it
    antigolfasgeneration
    antigolfasgeneration
    Official Anti

Female Number of posts : 101
    Warning :

Post by antigolfasgeneration Sat 01 May 2010, 8:05 pm

Yes, they changed to "star -something".

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 14 May 2024, 11:08 pm