The First International Anti-SNSD Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
EnigmaQ
F-SNSD
Lightning_Kei
plasticsnsd
Bento_box
Chains Of Fantasia
clare
soshi?
queenbee
Telruunya
ihateinsanes
queenbqty
disturbed
bigbangislove
Sachie
LOVE2hate
Ethanol
SuJuNiNi
dBsK_luv
Evilicewolf
DongBangAngel
Ohno27
Strawberry453
27 posters

Why do we not like SNSD?

Strawberry453
    Strawberry453
    Official Anti

Female Number of posts : 238
    Warning :
    Why do we not like SNSD? Left_bar_bleue0 / 100 / 10Why do we not like SNSD? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-12-20

Why do we not like SNSD? Empty Why do we not like SNSD?

Post by Strawberry453 Tue 16 Mar 2010, 5:20 pm

I'm actually not sure if this is in the right section; Mods please move if it is not. Thank you ^^

Throughout the last few months, we have gained a lot of new members. Being a STANDer for quite a while now, I've seen certain posts that make STAND seem, to be honest, everything that Sones claim we are: Jealous, stupid, and uneducated. We're definitely not, that's for sure, but considering we have so many soshi lurkers around (Yeah, i'm talking to you, if you like SNSD, gtfo, this isn't the place for you), I think it might be time to revisit the reason STAND came to be.

http://standintl.blogspot.com/

As STAND members, we do not dislike SNSD because of their relationship with the other boy groups under SM, or just in Kpop in general. SNSD's friendships, or lack of, with these groups make no difference to us. In the entertainment industry, all groups will meet each other and interact, similar to how students interact in a school. It's normal. Whether SNSD is friends with them, not friends with them, why should it matter to us? It's their personal lives after all, and to be honest, it's not really our business. We care more about their professional image, or lack of.

SNSD's constant leeching, however is another story. Yes, they will do advertisements and programs with other groups; often due to overlapping promotion times. I don't see anything wrong with that. However, when these advertisements or interviews become so frequent, you begin to question, why? Why is it that these girls always seem to be paired up with Super Junior or 2PM or DBSK? Why is it that they can't seem to make anything sell without another celebrity involved? It's hard to get a hold of groups with such popularity, let alone get more than one. Is it a coincidence that we often see SNSD with another celebrity or group? I think not.

Another reason for our cause is their image. Granted, these girls are not as young as they used to be. Their ages vary from 18 - 21, so they now can be considered all adults. Their upcoming single's concept is supposed to portray a more mature, sexy appearance. For those who have yet to see the teaser, here you go: Upcoming MV's teaser

It's understandable for their concept to mature through time. After all, it would be very irritating for them to continue waving around their lollipops and acting innocent. However, regardless of what their image is, cute, sexy, cheerleaders, hobos, they all seem to have something in common; their outfits. All of their outfits/photoshoots, happen to include tight tops and short-shorts. Even Gee's skinny jeans craze had short's in the music video and suggestive poses in the album photobook.

Why do we not like SNSD? 20081214

Once again, is this a coincidence? Yes, sex sells, it always has. But isn't is a bit too much to wear suggestive clothes, and singing "i'm Genie for you boy~" and still acting cute and innocent as if you actually are? Oh, and to add on to all of that, with a name like Girls' Generation? Really? Because as a girl part of this generation, that is definitely NOT how I want to be represented, and I'm sure most of you would agree with me.

Next is personalities/professionalism. I'm sure we all have a lot to say about this topic, but just to summarize it all up: disrespectful and bitchy. These girls have no respect for their elders and for each other. It is rude to not bow down to others who are your seniors, and to refer to a race as ugly or even your other members as ugly. As a girl, most of us are self conscious, correct? It's just a part of being a girl. To have someone who is like a older sister (Jessica) call you (Hyoyeon) ugly, just straight up, even as a joke can hurt your self confidence. And honestly, Hyoyeon doesn't seem to have many fans either. The 'close' relationship between these 9 girls is doubtful. And if there is still dispute between the members, how do you expect them to be amongst others? Professionalism? They have none! Lipsyncing, making excuses, having your fans make excuses for you, and making constant mistakes as if their amatures. SNSD debuted back in 2007, right? So why is it that they still haven't learned anything? It's upsetting to see young girls look up to these people like role models or godesses, because honestly, they are VERY far from.

Last is talent. LOL. The way I see it, Taeyeon is the only member who can sing, and even her voice is bland and she messes up occasionally as well. Dancing? Hyoyeon is good, but her movements lack grace and are recycled. Everyone and everything else is mediocre. Though this is a matter of opinion, I've seen many girls on youtube who are much better than the lead singer(s) of SNSD; no training, no practice. Often people argue that SNSD is much more talented than Wonder Girls or Kara, but they forget to include the number of members. The more members you have, the group appears to make less mistakes, when in reality, they are making mistakes, they're just harder to spot. Need I explain? I would post up screencaps or videos, but I think we have enough of those around the forum ;) I wouldn't go as far as to say they are UNTALENTED, just overrated. A occasional mistake happens, but when mistakes happen too excessively, it begins to mean something.

We are not STANDers because we think SNSD is ugly or even the opposite. We are not STANDers because we think SNSD is close to the groups we like. We are not STANDers because we think SNSD's music or outfits are too revealing; it's the overall concept of the group. We do not think SNSD should go die in a hole, we want people to realize that SNSD is not worthy of the amount of attention they get and that their behavior is rude and disrespectful. & that is the STAND agenda.

Once again, I apologize if this is in the wrong section, I don't often post topics or if it's all crap. I feel like STAND has lost a lot of it's good writers and reasoning. Maybe because the Mods are too busy nowadays. T____T I've noticed a lot of people becoming STANDers because of the wrong reasons. Hope you enjoyed!
    Ohno27
    Ohno27
    Official Anti

Female Number of posts : 156
    Warning :
    Why do we not like SNSD? Left_bar_bleue0 / 100 / 10Why do we not like SNSD? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Why do we not like SNSD? Empty Re: Why do we not like SNSD?

Post by Ohno27 Tue 16 Mar 2010, 6:09 pm

I completely agree with you on pretty much everything. ^.^
    It's nice to see a well thought out article on STAND because lately there haven't been too many. Also it's a great reminder to members about how we're CIVIL anti-fans not crazed lunatics that want to do harm to SNSD members. So yeah, this article equals pure win.
    Strawberry453
    Strawberry453
    Official Anti

Warning :

Post by Strawberry453 Tue 16 Mar 2010, 6:38 pm

@Ohno27
    Thank You ^___^ I was kind of paranoid that it was crappy, but your comment makes me feel better (:
    DongBangAngel
    DongBangAngel
    Official Anti

Female Number of posts : 185
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-10-11

Post by DongBangAngel Tue 16 Mar 2010, 10:21 pm

<3 (:. I checked my previous comments sometime this month and what I've noticed was that what I say in my comments were pretty immature and shallow :/. After looking through the forums and checking out the topics, I hate to admit it but lots of the comments here in STAND are ..eeh.

You know what irritates me the most? How these girls have so much success. Wether we like it or not, they are successful. But they are successful because of all the wrong reasons. Their talent is above mediocore and no where near actual talent. It makes me laugh that most SONES seem to think that Taeyeon's voice is almighty and Jessica's voice is beautiful. What? Where have their ears gone? For Taeyeon her voice is good but not amazingly good. The thing I don't like about her voice is the fact that she can't seem to project her emotions! Or maybe I watched the wrong video. You know how I can tell if someones singing a song with their heart? Because they can touch my heart even though I do not understand korean. For example when I listen to Love In The Ice, whenever DBSK sings it live or CD version, I feel moved and touched even though I have no idea what they are saying. Jessica sounds horrible and to think she trained for 7 or so years! Holy poopsticks! She sounds like a chipmunk who has a stuffy nose. At least Tiffany or Seohyun don't sound so nasally. The rest are all WTF? to me.

Yoona : Why is she in this group?? Most overrated girl ever.

Sunny : Nevermind, Jessica isn't alone. Her voice is so squeaky and high.

Hyoyeon : I feel bad for her. She doesn't seem to have a lot of fans. To me she's okay. There really isn't nothing wrong with her. IMO

Sooyoung : .. umm? Another Yoona but minus being overrated.

Yuri : Damn I forgot about her. Her dancing is okay. But what else can she do?

Lets not forget their lack of professionalism and the fact that they have the worst possible luck with mics. Since you know, everytime they perform their mics are ALWAYS malfunctioning. /sarcasm. :). Then again... Who am I to judge? Just my two cents.

These days anyone can be a singer.. I'll wait for the day when these girls get the karma they truely deserve and not the violent kind. I'll wait till the officially announce their disbandment.

Sighh.. Sad What happened to kpop music? TT.TT
    Evilicewolf
    Evilicewolf
    Super Anti

Female Number of posts : 312
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by Evilicewolf Tue 16 Mar 2010, 10:51 pm

I completely agree with you on everything. I haven't been as active as I used to be here on STAND, mostly because of school work but partially because of all these silly topics popping up. I really miss how active the mods and admins were back in the day, but we all have lives to live.
    Strawberry453
    Strawberry453
    Official Anti

Warning :

Post by Strawberry453 Tue 16 Mar 2010, 11:21 pm

@ Dong Bang Angel
    I know! I'm a DBSK fan too, and I'm not Korean nor can I understand Korean. but the first time I heard One, I cried. It's music like that KPOP needs more of. Sad thing is, no one really focuses on talent in the KPop industry anymore. It's really disappointing how far [unatural] looks and average talent can get you.
    Yeah, the success does bother me too. But what can we do? Sex sells, and apparently it sells very very well. SNSD has fans. They win awards without having money thrown in, but honestly, awards mean very little if you don't deserve it. SNSD has 9 members. However, mainly 3 of them sing. Is it the Power of 9 or the Power of 3? If those three girls are doing all the singing, just give the awards to them. -.-'

@ Evilicewolf
    I know, I miss the old days of Bento, QueenBee and all the other mods T________T but at least now Sones can't say that we have no lives xD I wish more people would take the time to research and write articles/editorials like back in the day. I miss Labakittie too T_________T

Thanks to both of you! (: i'm glad you liked it ^^
    dBsK_luv
    dBsK_luv
    Awesome Anti

Female Number of posts : 1424
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-31

Post by dBsK_luv Wed 17 Mar 2010, 1:04 am

i completely agree with your opinion, but alot of people may not.
    I do agree alot of what is said is childish, but a lot of what i say it childish as well. Many things people say can be out of Jealously, Spite, Disappointment and sudden outburst of rage. Even the top Stand member are guilty of that.

K-Pop is always changing to fit the new generation, so we simply can't complain about that, even though i liked how it was back then too.
    The fandoms changes, group quality changes, music style changes...Done, full stop, We don't always get what we want.

Why we STAND differs from each individual, whether because of their looks, talent, how they represent out generations, their fans or their respect.
    We can't go around saying one opinion is wrong, not everyone will have the 'correct' dislike for SNSD.
    We have many different STANDers for very different reasons, and we can't reject those who don't share the same opinion on them.
    I think we can take this chance for new members to learn from the older and more senior members.
    When we see a 'childish' comment from newbies or people who haven't been members from very long, the senior members should take it upon themselves to correct in a respectful and calm manner.
    DongBangAngel
    DongBangAngel
    Official Anti

Female Number of posts : 185
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-10-11

Post by DongBangAngel Wed 17 Mar 2010, 1:41 am

Strawberry453 wrote:@ Dong Bang Angel
    I know! I'm a DBSK fan too, and I'm not Korean nor can I understand Korean. but the first time I heard One, I cried. It's music like that KPOP needs more of. Sad thing is, no one really focuses on talent in the KPop industry anymore. It's really disappointing how far [unatural] looks and average talent can get you.
    Yeah, the success does bother me too. But what can we do? Sex sells, and apparently it sells very very well. SNSD has fans. They win awards without having money thrown in, but honestly, awards mean very little if you don't deserve it. SNSD has 9 members. However, mainly 3 of them sing. Is it the Power of 9 or the Power of 3? If those three girls are doing all the singing, just give the awards to them. -.-'

@ Evilicewolf
    I know, I miss the old days of Bento, QueenBee and all the other mods T________T but at least now Sones can't say that we have no lives xD I wish more people would take the time to research and write articles/editorials like back in the day. I miss Labakittie too T_________T

Thanks to both of you! (: i'm glad you liked it ^^

Agreed... Sex does sell :/. I thought S.Korea was suppose to be conservative? Now they have girls singing about how much they love their "oppas" and prancing around in teeny weeny short shorts. Sad Sadly we can't do anything to change it.
    Sorry to butt in, but I miss the old days also. I miss reading knowledge packed editorials/articles, they were what kept me STANDing! They were the fuel to my fire! ): Now most of the older members all went on break or are rarely seen. I need to find a way to let out my frustration, I should go make a rant but I'm busy atm. To tell you the truth, I'm getting tired of all this BS. Karma needs to hurry up. -__-
    SuJuNiNi
    SuJuNiNi
    Super Anti

Female Number of posts : 405
    Warning :
    Why do we not like SNSD? Left_bar_bleue1 / 101 / 10Why do we not like SNSD? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-01-30

Post by SuJuNiNi Wed 17 Mar 2010, 9:37 am

*aplause*

totally agree with you, in all!
    Ethanol
    Ethanol
    Super Anti

Female Number of posts : 426
    Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-28

Post by Ethanol Wed 17 Mar 2010, 6:28 pm

Ah, thank you for posting this. I've noticed many posts around STAND have become very much like...mindless ranting. I don't mean to offend anyone because ranting like so is inevitable sometimes >< I do it sometimes as well, but it's only because I know most of the STANDer's know that not all of us, like myself, do not hate SNSD just because they're close to our favorite artists or because they are sluts. I've noticed that most of the better writers of STAND have been missing from the forum for a while as well..Ah. But thank you, Strawberry453 for writing this article and reminding many of us STANDers what it means to STAND against the very existence of the disgrace of SNSD and what it means to STAND for the improvement of our beloved K-pop! :)
    LOVE2hate
    Anti

Number of posts : 61
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-01-20

Post by LOVE2hate Thu 18 Mar 2010, 4:17 pm

thank you!

yes.
    i agree with every thing.

for me personally, it's because i'm disgusted the way they use their image as 'cute' when we know that they're not innocent to get attention from guys.

also the fact that i dont see what their talent is supported to be expect for standing their and looking pretty.
    Sachie
    Sachie
    Awesome Anti

Female Number of posts : 1328
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-05-08

Post by Sachie Thu 18 Mar 2010, 7:06 pm

Thank you...STAND needs people like you.
    recently, I haven't posted on STAND alot because I think that STANDers aren't the same as before. However, it's great to see someone like you who summarise the whole SNSD crap in an article.

to say the truth, the kpop I knew was the kpop of DBSK, BoA,..etc. talented people in general. but now, anyone can be a singer as long as s/he flashes some skin.
    Strawberry453
    Strawberry453
    Official Anti

Warning :

Post by Strawberry453 Thu 18 Mar 2010, 9:50 pm

@DBSKluv
    I know what you mean. I didn't mean to imply that this is why we all are STANDers. It's just the reasons why STAND started off. I agree with you on the correcting thing! That's really why I wrote this. Thank you for reading! ^^

@DongBangAngel
    Well, things change, I guess. Haha I think we all really miss the mods and old writers! Where are you at Bento!? haha we should all take the effort to research and write articles. Be patient! Our time will come. Until then, keep standing tall!

btw, I love your sig! Where's it from? ^^

@SujuNini
    Thank you! I'm glad you liked it! (:

@Ethanol
    I completely agree with you. I really hope that more people write articles and whatnot. I mean, I've noticed a lot of nitpicky things around the forums, and sometimes I feel like people post topics just because they want the post count...[no offense intended] Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

@Love2Hate
    Thank you! I'm happy that you liked it! (: For me, I don't like the lack of talent and the image altogether. Also the respect issue. I come from a culture in which respect is very important, so I know what it's like to have a slip of the tongue, but sometimes it just goes too far, you know?

@Sachie
    aww Thanks [blushes] x) I miss the writers of the past! More standers should write articles/editorials like before! I miss old Kpop. I've only been in to Kpop for about 1 & 1/2 years, but I've listened to a lot haha. A lot of the old artists are overseas or caught up in a issue. I really wish DBSK would come back together as a group in Korea. And that Wonder Girls & BoA would come back! D: I'm glad you liked it!
    bigbangislove
    Awesome Anti

Female Number of posts : 1555
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-01-07

Post by bigbangislove Thu 18 Mar 2010, 9:51 pm

This is pretty much what I've been saying all the time and I couldn't agree more!
    I just couldn't find the time to put it all into words.

I want STAND to go back to how it used to be.
    Before some people started making death threats in like every post, and before some people became so shallow.
    disturbed
    disturbed
    Sexy Anti

Female Number of posts : 993
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-04

Post by disturbed Thu 18 Mar 2010, 11:11 pm

Once again, is this a coincidence? Yes, sex sells, it always has. But isn't is a bit too much to wear suggestive clothes, and singing "i'm Genie for you boy~" and still acting cute and innocent as if you actually are? Oh, and to add on to all of that, with a name like Girls' Generation? Really? Because as a girl part of this generation, that is definitely NOT how I want to be represented, and I'm sure most of you would agree with me.

Agreed like woah.

Actually, I agree with everything.

@bigbangislove: Death threats? O_____O
    bigbangislove
    Awesome Anti

Warning :

Post by bigbangislove Thu 18 Mar 2010, 11:12 pm

Yeah, I saw some a while back (oddly enough none of them were warned. wtf?).
    They were mostly from newer members though.
    queenbqty
    queenbqty
    Awesome Anti

Female Number of posts : 1195
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-07-05

Post by queenbqty Thu 18 Mar 2010, 11:55 pm

I agree with the majority of your post, but, I think what's most important to me as far as being a member, is the fact that we are CIVIL antis of snsd. I think there are varied reasons for people to want to join STAND, some are opposed from a feminist viewpoint, some because they find them mostly untalented and unworthy of the popularity they are enjoying, some because they detest sones, some because they are leeches and are causing worthier talents to be pushed aside, ignored, used and abused. Yes, there are even those who are here because of pure jealousy about snsd's supposed closeness to their fav band or the scandals that are always being created between snsd and any guys in a popular boy band, that might be their fav.

I agree that people who advocate violence against or revel in the sickness or injury of the members should be chastised and if necessary kicked out, but barring those circumstances, I don't think it should matter why you are a STANDer, as long as you follow the rules of the Forum. STAND is a place for us to release frustration so yeah, the topics might be a little lightweight a lot of the time, but who's to say how a certain member or members choose to release is wrong. I think it is better to come here and rant than to do or advocate, something violent to the snsd members. Rogue snsd antis, like those in the recent Lightstick throwing incident, make us all look bad, because STAND is always blamed for every anti snsd action ever done, anyway.

STAND should not become exclusive to only those who are able to write thought provoking articles, it should be open to any snsd anti, who wants the peaceful disbandment of snsd and is civil! I am far from stupid, but I see no reason why STAND can't be enjoyable and fun, as well as informative. My belief is that if a topic is not to your taste, then don't post there, its that simple. Let the kids have some fun, every post does not need to be a college level essay or discussion. There are plenty of thought provoking posts (like this one) to balance off the lightweight ones. Without both, STAND would be a boring place and may lose members. I love to laugh and some of the witty comments and posts, make my day!
    ihateinsanes
    ihateinsanes
    Awesome Anti

Female Number of posts : 1495
    Warning :
    Why do we not like SNSD? Left_bar_bleue1 / 101 / 10Why do we not like SNSD? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-11

Post by ihateinsanes Fri 19 Mar 2010, 12:56 pm

Strawberry453– it’s been a long time since I read a good anti-fan article. thank you for the eye-opening read and I more or less agree with all the points you brought up. however I must say that not every STANDer is the same. I’m sure each one of us has his/her own reason to join STAND.

While I agree that some of the more recent topics are rather.. shallow I also think that each STANDer has his/her own right to voice out their feelings. Some chose to do it in a mature way and some in a more childlike way.

for me if I don’t really like the topic I usually refrain from saying anything. There is no point in giving a particular member a dressing down because I don’t like their topic. As long as the post doesn’t have any death threats or things like causing physical hurt to SNSD I try to keep an open mind. Cool

We all visit STAND as antis, the only thing that is different is how we choose to express our dislike towards SNSD. like any family some of our members have different viewpoints but our motto is the same : STAND till all nine disappear. That is the most important as far as I am concerned. so dear

I joined STAND because of Sones. Rude, Rabid, Unreasonable & Delusional are one of the few words that come to mind when SNSD’s fanclub are mentioned. Sones and Sones were the ONLY ones who made me turn from a neutral into an anti. SNSD should realise that their own fanclub are going to be the very ones to cause their downfall. Razz

After joining STAND I discovered the façade SNSD have been putting on since their debut. After reading those articles written by our members I began to see that Girls Generation are not as female-friendly as they claimed to be. it was all about pleasing the older men with scanty clothes, suggestive lyrics and slutty choreography. Why would any girl in her right mind want nine girls who degrade not only themselves but the female population as a whole as a rolemodel? Shocked

SME didn’t make the issue any better by taking their SNSD bias way too far. That company neglected almost every other artist because they were too busy promoting SNSD. how many unfinished lawsuits do SME have in their kitty? Yet instead of finding solutions to those problems it’s always SNSD, SNSD and more SNSD. another reason why I am an anti. I absolutely LOATHE SME to the core. I can’t believe that company hasn’t gone bankrupt yet. Mad

As far as scandals are concerned I think we all know how scandals are readily manufactured for SNSD to always keep them in the news. Out of all the girlbands in korea I think SNSD hold the guiness record for being the most scandal plagued girlband in kpop. If it wasn’t for these scandals I personally would like them more.

why do SNSD have to resort to being linked up to a male idol to make news? Don’t they have the capability to make news for their talents? Doesn’t SME have the confidence in SNSD’s talents? Or is it because the nine of them have absolutely no talent amongst themselves that it’s always scandal time?

Nope. I’m not a jealous fangirl don’t worry. :) Wonder Girls are my one & only true love though I really like some boybands. I just would like to read news on kpop without the titles screaming at me about leeteuk & yoona or taecyeon or yoona or one of the million scandals SNSD are involved in. And Sones.. my oh my.. they have the tendency to make a mountain out of a molehill and that makes these ‘scandals’ even more unbearable. Do you Sones really want your girls to be known for their scandals rather than their talents? Is that why these scandals are supported so rabidly by SNSD’s fanclub? Cool

My reasons for being an anti :

- Sones – Insane, Psychotic and Absolutely NUTS. Mad

- SNSD’s pseudo virgin image. Please don’t sing songs with suggestive lyrics waving a lollipop. It’s just embarrassing not to mention degrading.

- SME’s biasness towards SNSD & how they neglect other talented SME artists in the process. DBSK, SuJu, BoA, CSJH etc etc have all already been sacrificed for SNSD. SHINee & F(x) better watch their backs.

- SNSD’s countless scandals. Seriously.. to always make news because of who you are linked up with instead of how good your songs are or how talented you are.. NOT cool. albino

- the personalities of certain SNSD members. Rude, Arrogant, Bitchy and Leech-like traits are definitely things that turn me off. I seriously dislike how certain members of SNSD think that their group was god’s gift to earth and strut around like they own South Korea. ‘kid’ leader Taeyeon needs to deflate her ego. Jessica needs a personality transplant. Tiffany should stop speaking. Yoona needs to learn the meaning of the word ‘Overrated’ & doesn’t she get tired of being linked up with every SINGLE person in kpop with a male reproductive organ? tired
    Strawberry453
    Strawberry453
    Official Anti

Warning :

Post by Strawberry453 Fri 19 Mar 2010, 2:44 pm

@Disturbed & BigBangislove
    Yeah, I've seen a bit of uncivil behavior and death threats. I just think it's kind of disappointing, because STANDers didn't really do that before. LOL at the GIF. Razz Thanks for reading! ^^

@QueenBqty & ihateinsanes
    I didn't mean to imply that we shouldn't have lightweight topics at all, I just meant that I've seen things that are uncivil that we should be correcting. If one person is uncivil, and no one corrects them, then they'll continue to be uncivil. Regardless, articles/editorials are important because they remind everyone that STAND is not only about an ugly expression that Taeyeon makes, or the commercial that Yoona & Siwon did together. If STAND just became a place for us all to let out frustration, there really wouldn't be anything to hold us back from being uncivil and giving out death threats or making violent references. We all have our reasons to be a STANDer, I agree with that. I just listed the main ones. I don't think it's really fair to judge a group based on their fanclub, but some might and that's not my business. Thanks for reading! (:
    queenbqty
    queenbqty
    Awesome Anti

Warning :

Post by queenbqty Fri 19 Mar 2010, 3:48 pm

@strawberry453
    I hope you did not take what I said as some kind of veiled attack, because that was not my intention. I really appreciate your article because it made me exercise my mind a bit, which I don't do enough of because I'm too lazy to think, sometime. I agree with you, but I was just concerned that some of the newer or younger members might have taken some of your opening statements the wrong way and feel a little hurt. We just need to maintain a balance between the shallow and the deep, that's all. I do get a little bored sometime because I'm a busybody and like to talk and can get a little wordy, but, I give you much respect for such a thought provoking, insightful post. Keep up the good work!

And also, I think we STANDers, need to take some responsibility for policing the site when we see threats or violent references, we should point it out to the member and although I don't like to be a tattletale, if the person continues we should report them. I admit I have let some inappropriate comments pass and that is where I am wrong, because I should have spoken up. We shouldn't expect the Mods to do everything, we are not retards after all, far from it.

**I can't speak for Ihateinsanes, but I take from her tone that she is very similar in thinking to me, so I hope you won't hurl glowsticks at us or anything! LOL
    Strawberry453
    Strawberry453
    Official Anti

Warning :

Post by Strawberry453 Fri 19 Mar 2010, 4:30 pm

@QueenBqty
    Oh haha no, I didn't think you meant to attack or anything. I was just responding to your comment. I didn't mean to offend any of the newer members either, it's just what I feel. STAND is not Soshified. (: We all get along, and can actually accept other people's opinions, even if we disagree ^__^ so don't worry, I'll make sure not to throw glowsticks, or give you the silent treatment either! Razz I really am glad you liked it :D all the nice comments make me feel all tingly inside with happiness xD
    bigbangislove
    Awesome Anti

Warning :

Post by bigbangislove Fri 19 Mar 2010, 5:35 pm

Late reply but I just wanted to say this...

Why is it things have suddenly changed? Before our reasons for ANTI'ing SNSD were NOT jealousy (or at least our posts didn't make it SEEM that way). In the past STAND had tons of articles/editorials/posts like the ones you see in the "Editorials" section.

Before we had rants with REAL facts of REAL substance. Not just mindless drabble about SNSD being sluts.

Why is it suddenly NOW all of these shallow ANTI's are coming out of the wood works? Why is it NOW our posts have become so shallow?

Also, what you MUST remember, is that here at STAND we not ONLY pride ourselves on being civil but LOGICAL as well.
    And saying "boo! SNSD is ugly skanks!" is not a LOGICAL reason to ANTI them.

Anything LESS than REAL logic from us is just...embarrassing.
    Sure, I can understand every now and then we don't wanna be serious and just wanna blow off some steam, have fun and bash them.
    I understand.

Sometimes I get that urge too, and I also act on said urge sometimes.
    HOWEVER, it is important to remember that we're not only CIVIL but LOGICAL.

A few shallow posts here and there are fine. Like I said, sometimes we need to relax a bit.
    STAND has ALWAYS had shallow posts, but, we used to have BALANCE.
    Now all we have is chaos.
    The shallow outweighs the deep.
    Telruunya
    Telruunya
    Super Mod
    Super Mod

Female Number of posts : 1323
    Warning :

Registration date : 2009-02-28

Post by Telruunya Fri 19 Mar 2010, 8:04 pm

Wait, isn't this (This, as in 'STAND has become shallow') been discussed already?
    When we pointed it out I only saw comments from STANDers denying this fact.

Why is that people only notice it now?
    Because of the glowsticks?

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy people finally notice though, but it has been pointed out before.
    I'll anticipate the good articles, as it seems STANDers finally realize we can post so many good reasons, instead of.. 'she's so fat and ugly!' lol we can do WAY better then that. SNSD definitely gives us the oppertunity to anti them with good reasons.

The problem is that the GOOD reasons need to be pointed out.

I'm in for a change.
    queenbqty
    queenbqty
    Awesome Anti

Warning :

Post by queenbqty Fri 19 Mar 2010, 10:08 pm

@bigbangislove
    I have been trying to refrain from commenting about your post and I know this will probably start a fight, but where is all this elitism and being logical coming from all of a sudden? Where is all this chaos, you are speaking of?

People have varied reasons for anti-ing snsd and if jealousy is one of them or the ONLY reason, what is so wrong about that? As long as they are civil and follow the forum rules, everyone's reason is a personal thing.

Who made you the judge of what is shallow or deep? What may be shallow to you may be deep to someone else!

Where is it stated that people must be logical in their anti-dom of snsd? I know we must be civil, but this is the first I've heard of having to be logical. And according to whose logic, yours?

Just because someone says "boo, snsd are just skanks, that is not saying that's why they anti them, its just bashing, and to my understanding that is a function of this forum!

I am a proud member of the STAND family and I am just as proud today as I was when I joined. Yes, STAND has changed, but what is wrong with that? Just because you are dissatisfied with how its changed does not mean it has to be molded to fit in with your agenda or whatever it is you are advocating.

I enjoy STAND and want it to continue to grow and just because every post is not a college dissertation does not mean its shallow or mindless. If the newer or older members want to just rant and bash, then they should be free to do so. If you want to see all these "deep" posts, then write them, that's your freedom! But it is also the freedom of others to write things that you may consider shallow, but they don't.
    Lighten up.
    bigbangislove
    Awesome Anti

Warning :

Post by bigbangislove Fri 19 Mar 2010, 10:28 pm

Yeah, as per usual queenbqty just has to pick a fight with me *sigh*.
    Funny how you didn't do that to anyone else but me.

I didn't say everything had to be MY way. I didn't say everything SHOULD be my way.
    Gdi, it was an opinion.

And I didn't say anything about "elitism" so idk where you got that from.
    <.<;;
    Lying about what I said to pick fights...nice.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 4:57 pm